Biologique Recherche Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Lotion P50
Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.3

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 1/12/2017 10:13:00 PM

my hg. My hg. I finally have it, my skincare hg....and its for a toner?!! I always thought the magic was in the serums or moisturizers or oils. I've tried so many things just to be totally underwhelmed or horrified by my subsequent breakout.

A little background about my skin: belongs to a 20-something, no blocked pores or blackheads like some others who use this product, is dry, sometime feel dull, not overly sensitive as I can pile on pretty much any product I want with no repercussion except when it comes to skincare, many of which uncharacteristically broke me out.This review is also for the P50 1970 original with phenol. (I'm not sure what the phenol is supposed to do but the original is what everyone raves about so I figured why not just get it.)

As I approach my mid-to-late twenties I was noticing my skin, while in generally good condition, was not as youthfully radiant and soft and hydrated as I remember it being. Maybe it's in my head. But I'm definitely much drier than I was in my teens and not always in love with the texture of my skin as a result. I saw everyone and their mother talking about this product, and everything else I tried for mild anti-aging/texture benefits completely dissapointed me by either doing nothing, or worked great but horribly broke me out. When I'm not messing around with my skincare, my face is totally clear, and I wanted to sustain that but get other benefits too. I was nervous about trying p50 because I read some reviewers state their skin "purged" before it began improving. I ordered two 1.7fl oz bottles, one for me and one for my husband, for us to try together. If we broke out at least we would break out together and not have to suffer alone!

But hello....none of that ever happened. Just pure amazingness. My first few applications stung and burned quite a bit and I was almost certain I was going to wake up with gut wrenching redness or something terrible, but nothing like that ever happened. I was nervous I was going to pay for putting this burning solution on my face---I guess it's the trademark vinegar ingredient?---but I was perfectly fine. I also worked my way up by diluting an organic cotton square with a little bit of water, and then following up with the p50 solution. Within 2 weeks or so there was no more burning.

I didn't notice a drastic overnight change right away. Didn't wake up with a new radiant and glowing face. If anything I will attest that a VERY mild "purge" took place and there was some redness and bumps/pimples on my cheeks that was only noticeable to me. No complaints about that and as I continued to use the toner, it seemed to be correcting this problem. My time of the month also came and went during this time and I acquired two small, surface level whiteheads on my chin. P50 had them gone within 2 days tops. Since I have been using this, I haven't had a single pimple, not even a microscopic one, not even during my time of the month. Holy goodness!

On top of that, my skin is definitely softer and more radiant. I don't really feel more hydrated (I don't think that is a claim or intent) but the sallowness that accompanies dry skin is completely gone. My skin is peachy toned and glowing and youthful. Still working on finding an HG moisturizer but in the meantime, p50 is keeping me on cloud 9 by banishing my dull dry skin look, and keeping me completely clear while I experiment with my regime!

My adorable hubby with pesky blocked pores, blackheads, breakouts, and skin so oily that it sometimes feels sticky to touch (Lol, we always like the things we don't personally have ourselves I guess!) has seen relief with this toner when nothing else seems to work for him. (No worries dear, I love you even if you sprouted face boils!!) of course he isn't the most consistent about using it and I've now moved on to stealing his after using up my bottle. I don't know what I would do without this stuff...I'm addicted! I love waking up with peachy clear skin every day no matter what I do to it! I'm going to be buying this the rest of my life. It is very thin and absorbs instantly, so you don't have to deal with the very strong herbal/medicinal smell for long. However, the smell is something that now comforts me and I enjoy, as crazy as that sounds. It grows on you because you just fall in love with this product. Best news is that the ingredient list is short and sweet and contains no harmful alcohol or fragrance or additive crap.

I have zero qualms about the price ($27 for a 1.7fl oz bottle, I believe.)((there are larger sizes available.)) shipping and customer service is great. My small bottle lasted me months with nightly use. Once I finish the husbands, I will be buying a large bottle, and making sure I NEVER run out.

If you have any mild skin condition; like blackheads, surface level acne, dryness, or just general unsatisfaction with your skin tone and texture, I truly believe this will drastically improve if not totally cure the situation. (Keyword is mild situation though.) it did for me!!

on 1/12/2017 8:18:00 PM

Firstly let me just say that I don't care how much this stuff costs or what the packaging looks like! It is the actual product I am reviewing. When something is this good it could cost £1,000 and come in a milk bottle for all I care!

I am using P50 without phenol and it is the best product I have ever used. This is my second bottle and I have only been using it for 2.5 weeks. The reason is because I was so inconsistent with my first bottle. I have always had clear skin although a bit on the dry side and I ruined my skin by using OCM! That was over 2 years ago and it has never recovered. Not acne as such but loads of blocked pores that just kept coming and coming no matter what I did or used or how many facials I had with acid peels and extractions. When I originally used this it made my skin worse! The blocked pores turned massive and loads more appeared so I would stop using it and then trying again a couple of days/a week later with the same results so eventually I gave up. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and with my skin still so bad I decided to buy another bottle and try again. Again my skin got worse but as seeing as it didn't seem to matter what I did I just followed the directions exactly. I used it twice a day undiluted. I am telling you all that the purge is real! It was not making my skin worse it was just bringing everything out! Even ones deep beneath the skin that I didn't know I had. My skin is smooth and even though I have still got a few blocked pores they are tiny and are almost gone. They are so easy to extract when they make it to the surface. Just push through the purge and you will get there. I have a facial booked so the last few can be extracted. So happy with this and wish I had been this consistent in the first place!

on 1/8/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I first read about this on the Skin & Tonics blog when I was first getting into AB, and man did I put off trying this as long as possible. I kinda had a sneaking/sinking suspicion that my acid tolerant skin would love this stuff, and I wasn't wrong. The first thing I noticed after using was how incredibly soft my skin was. Okay, that's a lie. The first thing I noticed was that it smelled like vinaigrette, but the second this wasn't definitely the softness. Like to the point that when I just sort of absently touched my face there was an exclamation of profanity and I rushed to the bathroom mirror to gaze at my skin in wonder as I stroked it (yeah, that sounds creepier than it was). The next thing that I noticed was that the tiny little clogged pores on my forehead - the result of wearing hats and sweating - just sort of disappeared. Not sure where they went, but I haven't seen them in like 4 months. Do I still break out while using this? Yes. Occasion hormonal related stuff, and definitely if I use a product my skin hates (most recently a Cover FX primer), but it helps tremendously, *especially* in regards to fading PIH. As to the cost: yes, it's bloody expensive, but I've been using the 1.7oz bottle once a day since October and I'm less than halfway through it (I DO NOT apply it to a cotton ball though - just dispense about 1/4tsp and pat onto my skin), so I think it works out in the end.

on 1/6/2017 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product is EVERYTHING - a total godsend for those of us struggling with dry patches, uneven tone and texture, and enlarged pores. This stuff knocked my 10% glyco toners out of the running and straight into my garbage can! Seriously!
P50 is probably the only product I have ever tried which does exactly as advertised, if not moreso. [For reference, I am using the P50 1970, original version].

I noticed a difference in my skin immediately-and things just got better with more use. Upon first application I got a bit of a stinging sensation and some redness but it was no biggie, and it went away aft a few uses. Since I am used to deep and heavy peels (at home and in derm office grade procedures) I knew this wasn't an issue for me. Right away my skin was smoother. I used it again at night and woke the next morning to a lovely glow. After a week of use 2x per day, my pores were noticeably smaller (due to the constant exfoliation this stuff does re clearing out the pores) and my dry patches were vastly improved, texture wise. I am now almost a month in and can barely notice any pores (they are tiny and almost closed up), the small blackheads on nose are gone, and my overall skin texture has improved by 90%, if not more. I now use this once a day for maintenance, and have re-added my other products. In conjunction with products such as Luna oil and beneficial creams, I note they now penetrate much better and are doing their job well since the P50 has slothed off the problem patches. I also used to be a major exfoliation gal but have come to find I no longer need those additional (and very pricey) products.

I just can't say enough about this product. Don't let the inconspicuous dollar store type packaging fool you and keep you from purchasing. Yes this is expensive BUT it is worth it! 5 stars? How about 5 thousand stars!!! Major HG in which I will never go without - I purchase 2 at a time now, bc I can't risk running out. That's how good this stuff is!

on 12/30/2016 5:13:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. So far my favorite formula is the 1970(the actual original)
It has a strong smell and does numb the skin, burns a bit but it's so worth it. My skin already looks better and it's rare I find products that actually make an improvement. I'm now going broke trying other things from this line. Personally I don't think this product is outrageous for the amount you get and the results you will see. However their other products are priced much higher and you get much less.

on 12/23/2016 6:19:00 PM

Okay, friends. I have been using this product religiously for about 6 months now. I feel completely comfortable reviewing/recommending it based on duration of use. This stuff is quite honestly skincare gold. I'm on my second bottle (I buy the second largest size). I still have 3/4 of my first bottle, but I was petrified of running out and needed to have a backup, as well as my travel size. My skin LOVES this. I have very sensitive, combo skin with redness on my cheeks. I used to have a few hormonal breakouts around TTOTM, but since using this, I never get those painful, cystic jaw pimples. It's a miracle. If I get a little pimple, it's a whitehead and goes away over night from thus magical exfoliating toner. I've completely gotten used to the smell- it's almost endearing at this point because I just know it's going to work. I recently bought a sample of the new P50 PIG 400, and will report with results/thoughts. Bottom line: I'll never be without this. Ever. It's holy grail, and lives up to the hype that surrounds this cult product. Buy a sample, try it, and *hopefully*, love it. Shoprescuespa.com has THE BEST customer service/fast shipping and always gives generous samples... This is where I purchased mine. Enjoy!!! (And ignore the smell! It's worth it!)

on 11/8/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The following review is for Biologique Recherche lotion p50 new formula (no phenol know as the "1970 formula"

This stuff is everything it's praised to be. I've been using this for about 4 weeks, and it's changed my skin. It's smooth, calm and fine textured where it was once before textured, bumpy and uneven in tone.
Some people talk about the sting and the redness but honestly, it's not bad at all. I have very sensitive skin and I can tolerate this acid toner without dilution. Yes, my face sometimes gets red for a few minutes sometimes but it calms down quickly. There's no alcohol in this toner but there is vinegar. I'm told it's the preservative, which is ok with me :)

Would I buy this again? For as long as I can afford it, absolutely. I hate most skincare products but this is HG for me. It's amazing
***UPDATE*** I have a bottle of the 1970 Formula now as well, and I can say I prefer that formula. There is too much in the P50 new formula for me to use it every day much less every other day, just too many acids.

on 11/1/2016 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a disappointment. Desperate to get that glowing, clear skin that many women have been graced with, I sought to improve my acne-prone combination skin with this expensive little bottle just one week ago. Already my skin looks the worst it's been since my middle school days. Deep, red cystic bumps have appeared on areas that have generally stayed pretty clear. My pores still look gargantuan, the oiliness hasn't abated, and my mild rosacea has flared up like you wouldn't believe. Spare yourself the heartache and look for better, cheaper alternatives than this marketing ploy of a product.

Two Week Update: Ok. So my review from last week may just have been the result of severe purging from this lotion. My skin since then has become a lot more smooth, soft, and even. However, I'm still breaking out on parts of my forehead and chin with one or two deep cysts but mostly just white heads. Also, I've noticed a sheen to my face that I hope is not the 'glow' that you're supposed to get from this because I look incredibly oily. Is it possible I'm overdoing it? I'll cut back to once a day to see if this helps. My breakouts may also be a result of my diet since I haven't been eating all that well lately. Will continue to give updates, but so far I am liking the progress!

I agree with all the rave reviews here. In fact, I have a hard time believing that this has been the cause of some of the less flattering views here. This is mot the kind of product that would cause cystic acne IMO. Not unless someone is highly allergic to something in it. Which quite frankly the responsibility of the person with allergies to discern what they are allergic to. Some people are sensitive and allergic to everything and it's not a products fault for not addressing EVERY need, Bottom line for me is that this really given me the best skin I've had in a decade!

on 10/25/2016 10:11:00 AM

Ummmm I am a believer. I bought the sample size pf P50 (with phenol) (1.07 oz, so small) for about $27 and have been using it for about a week and, like, it works. I'm no stranger to chemical exfoliation - I've tried everything, it's the only way my skin looks anywhere near ok, so the P50 has been on my "must-try" radar or a while. I was having a medium-bad breakout due to my nemesis Panthenol, so decided to just go for it. Also, aside from the 3-4 active blemishes I wanted to zap, my pores have just been super congested lately.

The first night I used it I had all the normal experiences: smells gross (old-fashioned medicinal), kinda burny, kinda numb due to the phenol, kinda red now but let's see how the situation fares in the morning. And the next morning I definitely noticed an improvement and was pleased, but at that point it was nothing to write home about.

But now, a week later, not only do I want to write home about it, I want to put a ring on it. It's that good. The breakout is nearly gone, pores are getting squeakier by the minute, and my overall texture and glow is so good. I haven't experienced ANY irritation or even dryness really - I've been careful to properly moisturize, but that hasn't always worked with other exfoliants in the past, and I'm sure some of you can relate to that.

The sample size, while small, will last a while too. You don't need a lot (I use kind of a lot, but that's just my preference) and the level hasn't really gone down yet. Hard to explain, but I'm sure the big size (which I am ordering ASAP) will last at least 6 months.

I have heart eyes for this product.