Biologique Recherche Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Lotion P50
Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 4/13/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am using the P50T, which is the "milder" version, and the only one available in my area. I have been using it on a nightly basis for about 3 weeks and I can already see a difference - a lot less blackheads and whiteheads on the nose (~70% less), smaller looking pores on the cheeks, and generally more refined looking skin all over. I use this only at night, after a double cleanse, and I use an uru-uru sponge to apply (another must-have item, a cotton pad that isnt actually a cotton pad), wait for it to dry (~5-10 minutes), then apply my hydrating serums/essences/oil/cream (whatever I feel like my skin needs that night). The next morning, my skin feels extraordinarily soft and smooth. Keep in mind though that if you are not used to acids or have sensitive skin, go slow. The salon where I bought this from actually gave me a call about a month after I bought this to check on whether I had any adverse reactions - I guess some people might have had bad experiences, so be careful. Normally I only post reviews after being a longtime user (a few months), but there's such visible results that I might as well get this review out of the way now. I would probably repurchase this, unless I find something cheaper and at least as good. Price might be a barrier for some (I got this for S$120, I think) but the bottle looks like it might last me at least 6 months of nightly use. So for something that works well and lasts this long, I think the price is worth it.

After reading the great reviews I just had to try this. I bought the new phenol free version and unfortunately it just didn't work for me. I've used it for about 6 weeks and I'm still having break outs. I figured I would for a few weeks but it doesn't seem to be getting better so I stopped using it. It's so disappointing after everyone has had such success with it. Fortunately I bought the travel size and even after using it for almost 2 months it's still almost full. Well on to the next product 😔

on 3/14/2017 12:42:00 PM

I've been using this twice a day for three weeks, and while it hasn't done anything bad to my skin, it hasn't done that much to improve it either. There's just...nothing to report, to be honest. It's a toner. It does smell like dirty hair and vinegar, but that doesn't bother me if it works. I will update if things change while I finish the bottle, but at this point I'm not convinced it's the miracle product it's been made out to be.

on 3/8/2017 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This review is for the new, regular strength version.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!

I was hoping I wouldn't tbh because it is sort of pricey but after about a month of usage I can say that this will become a staple in my skincare routine.

My skin is pretty used to acids so when I first started using this I immediately started using it 2x a day. However, I went through an intense purge which I didn't expect. Some users say their skin glowed within 3 days of using this...not me. I had to use this for a week or 2 before I saw the results because of all of the purging. I also used to do superficial weekly peels but once I added in the Lotion P50 it made my skin too sensitive and I realized I kept burning which kept ruining my skin, so I reluctantly took out the peels. I thought this toner couldn't possibly give me the result the peels could, but since I spent so much money on it, I did want to at least get some use out of it and give it a try.

I am so happy I did because after a week or 2 my skin started glowing. The texture was minimized and it definitely helps to speed up the disapperance of PIH. I used peels for months (I alternated between lactic acid, glycolic acid and salicylic acid) and my skin looks better now than it did when I was peeling so I don't think I will ever use peels as long as this is around. It did sting at first but now it doesn't sting anymore at all.

The smell doesn't bother me, in fact I kind of like it. Probably because I like the product so much.

If you're thinking about trying this...just do it. It really does work. Try the smaller bottle if you must, but just try it.

After I finish this bottle I want to try the Pigm 400.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this after reading a few blogs that said it's as close to having perfect skin that you can buy in a bottle and who doesn't want that? I bought the lotion p50 New formula which is Phenol free. I have been using this for about a week only at night because I turn a rosy pink after applying this for at least two hours. It does leave my skin a bit on the sensitized side the next day as well so my sunscreen application is on high level right now. It has reduced some blackheads around my nose but increased the overall redness in my complexion, especially around my mouth and nose area. Its just like I'm using retin-a for the first time, same areas are a bit on the sensitive side. I'm hoping with continued used my skin will get used to the strength of the acids and the sensitivity will subside. But for now I am embracing the supposed P50 "glow" because I don't wear foundation. The packaging is much cheaper than I had expected for the price. I love a beautiful glass bottle in my medicine cabinet, or something equally chic. I don't mind the price because you get a good deal worth of product, but if its just your basic AHA/BHA toner that is neither natural or organic how is this different or special? Because I am really happy that tons of Celebs love it but we all have different skin and I might be singing a different tune in a month or two but as for this moment I think I just wasted a couple classes worth of Soulcycle money on this!

on 2/13/2017 11:31:00 AM

So, maybe I should have waited a bit more to write this review, since I have only used this two times. But thing is, I don't think I'll be using this again! I don't have acne, never had, just the ocasional hormonal breakouts. I never wear foundation or TM. I don't have particularly sensitive skin and I have used acids like AHA's and BHA's, as well as retin A for years. I used this like any other acid. Washed my face, waited 10 minutes to regulate my Ph, then applied the acid with a cotton pad, waited 10 minutes and applied a gentle moisturizer (Clinique overnight moisture mask). Also, I applied what was left on the cotton pad to my neck and woke up with a red, irritated neck.This stuff broke me out like hell. Not big pimples, but tiny white heads everywhere. I'm giving it two lippies instead of one because maybe that's just my personal reaction, but damn, didn't expect such a bad outcome. I don't believe in the 'purging' theory, my skin is ok, there's nothing to purge. I'll upload some pictures that I just took and will update this review in a few days and if I ever get the courage to use it again. But as of now, I doubt it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is pretty much the bees knees. I use the Lotion P50 phenol free version, and I refer to it as a magic potion. Best beauty purchase I've made in a long time. if you're on the fence about buying it, just go for it. Thank me later. They have different versions of P50, I have also tried the PIGM 400, and it's ok, but it does not give me the glow that regular p50 does. My bank account hates that I'm addicted to this, but my face is very thankful and glowy.

on 2/5/2017 5:44:00 PM

This product did nothing for my combination, sensitive, fair skin. No good changes, but no bad changes either. Simply made no difference. When I apply the product (morning and night) it does feel a tad sticky on my skin though.

I had heard such wonderful things I was hopeful. Have been using for 4 months now, and no change. Saved up my money for ages too! the good thing is that I still have atleast 3/4 of the bottle left, so I'll keep trying. The product certainly lasts a long time.

The smell isn't as awful as others day - it smells like apple cider vinegar.

I am probably the only person who hasn't seen results. Given that everyone else loves it I'd recommend that you try it for yourself.

on 1/27/2017 2:24:00 AM

My company sent me to Paris last week and the first thing that came to my mind was to look for "must buy skincare products in Paris", and VOILA! BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE LOTION P50 was the first thing to pop up at Google Search in nanoseconds..... I started to read all these reviews and testimonies about Lotion P50. That was the first time ever I've heard about this product (yea.... I know this is lame because many beauty editors have been talking about this for years). Anyways, it is pretty hard to get even in Paris because most (almost all) pharmacies and parapharmacies do not carry BR products. Also the fact that I spent most of the time in the office, I didn't have time to check out every store. In the end, I went straight to their physical store on Rue de Champs-Elysees to get the Lotion P50 1970. This lotion, more like a toner is no joke!!!! People call it Holy Grail, Jesus in a Bottle, Facial in a Bottle, and what not, I called it my Heaven on Earth in a Bottle. The bottle doesn't come in a nice glass fancy bottle or elegant packaging but I'm sure every single penny I've spent on this product is worth for what I get inside this white plastic bottle. I'm actually banging my head on the wall right now for not getting more of their products while in Paris!

OK, back to the review. This is only the fourth day I'm using it and I'm not kidding, IT WORKS WONDERS! My skin has been a mess over the pass few years: dryness, fine lines, large pores, acne, and sometimes I have a large cystic that keeps coming back from time to time when I'm super stressed and exhausted, and hormonal problems. My skin was dull, flaky and acne prone during the winter and oily, acne prone (yes, that sucks) during the summer or humid days. I have used many... like many products in the past, high-end, low-end, home-made, prescription products, and even products from Japan, Korea and Taiwan, where they're famous for skin care products. Well, none of them gives me this kind of immediate results like the Lotion P50. For me, I do not think it's on the pricey side. I truely think the the price is reasonable given the fact that I know this is going to work. I used the pricey stuff like SK-II's Facial Essense for more than a year (I thought I just needed to be patient and be persistent), "a bottle" of La Prairie Dry Oli (a bottle because it's $300 for a teeny tiny bottle which clogged my pores, and at that point, me and my wallet kind of lost our patience). I also tried the OTC brand like the Neutrogena Pore Fining Cream and Toner (which seemed to work in the beginning but I had massive breakouts later on, and dried patchy skin) and many other creams, serums and elixirs. I was hopeless and very close to a point where I was going to accept the fact that my skin is Bleh :( .... and my face looks Bleh :(..... for the rest of my life. I'm so SO happy that finally get my Heaven on Earth in a Bottle- the Lotion P50. I'm not exaggerating and I feel that I have to write this review because I needed to say something about it and share my experience with you.

Like most of the Lotion P50 users' comments about the smell of this product, its not pleasant, but it's tolerable. It will definitely give you that tingling sensation, but I really like it, in a sense that I know it's actually doing the working on my skin. Although the instruction tells you to put a few drops on a cotton pad and dap it to your skin, but I'm a cheapo and feel like 80% of the Lotion will be wasted on the cotton pad, I decided to just put a few drops on my palms and dap it to my face and neck. I have been using it twice a day for a few days and I've noticed the immediate nice glow on my skin. Redness is gone, skin feels soft and bye bye oily face. Before using this product, I put on make up everyday when I get to work) BB cream, eyeliner, blush and some brow liner. My makeup will stay for several hours, but the oil from my face washes off most of the make up by mid-day. After using this product (just a few days), my make up can stay up for the entire day while still feeling fresh and soft! I can't stop gazing myself at the mirror to witness this miracle myself!

Again, I'm using this for less than I week and I'm seeing and feeling the results already. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Lotion P50 will continue to work it's magic on my skin. I'll give another review in a month on how it's working on my ance, and whether it has minimizes my enlarged pores! I'm using the Lotion P50 with the Clarins Day and Night cream now. As soon as I finish the cream, I'll definitely use it with other BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE products for better results.

You can get this and other BR products in the US through a few renowned resellers such as The Rescue Spa, The Art of Beauty, Aida Bicaj and Paul Labrecque (I'll not get them from eBay or other unauthorized sellers). But if you ever had a chance to go to Paris, go to their salon store on Rue de Champs-Elysees, and may a schedule a facial treatment if your schedule allows you to do that! It's less expensive to get it in France.

on 1/12/2017 10:13:00 PM

my hg. My hg. I finally have it, my skincare hg....and its for a toner?!! I always thought the magic was in the serums or moisturizers or oils. I've tried so many things just to be totally underwhelmed or horrified by my subsequent breakout.

A little background about my skin: belongs to a 20-something, no blocked pores or blackheads like some others who use this product, is dry, sometime feel dull, not overly sensitive as I can pile on pretty much any product I want with no repercussion except when it comes to skincare, many of which uncharacteristically broke me out.This review is also for the P50 1970 original with phenol. (I'm not sure what the phenol is supposed to do but the original is what everyone raves about so I figured why not just get it.)

As I approach my mid-to-late twenties I was noticing my skin, while in generally good condition, was not as youthfully radiant and soft and hydrated as I remember it being. Maybe it's in my head. But I'm definitely much drier than I was in my teens and not always in love with the texture of my skin as a result. I saw everyone and their mother talking about this product, and everything else I tried for mild anti-aging/texture benefits completely dissapointed me by either doing nothing, or worked great but horribly broke me out. When I'm not messing around with my skincare, my face is totally clear, and I wanted to sustain that but get other benefits too. I was nervous about trying p50 because I read some reviewers state their skin "purged" before it began improving. I ordered two 1.7fl oz bottles, one for me and one for my husband, for us to try together. If we broke out at least we would break out together and not have to suffer alone!

But hello....none of that ever happened. Just pure amazingness. My first few applications stung and burned quite a bit and I was almost certain I was going to wake up with gut wrenching redness or something terrible, but nothing like that ever happened. I was nervous I was going to pay for putting this burning solution on my face---I guess it's the trademark vinegar ingredient?---but I was perfectly fine. I also worked my way up by diluting an organic cotton square with a little bit of water, and then following up with the p50 solution. Within 2 weeks or so there was no more burning.

I didn't notice a drastic overnight change right away. Didn't wake up with a new radiant and glowing face. If anything I will attest that a VERY mild "purge" took place and there was some redness and bumps/pimples on my cheeks that was only noticeable to me. No complaints about that and as I continued to use the toner, it seemed to be correcting this problem. My time of the month also came and went during this time and I acquired two small, surface level whiteheads on my chin. P50 had them gone within 2 days tops. Since I have been using this, I haven't had a single pimple, not even a microscopic one, not even during my time of the month. Holy goodness!

On top of that, my skin is definitely softer and more radiant. I don't really feel more hydrated (I don't think that is a claim or intent) but the sallowness that accompanies dry skin is completely gone. My skin is peachy toned and glowing and youthful. Still working on finding an HG moisturizer but in the meantime, p50 is keeping me on cloud 9 by banishing my dull dry skin look, and keeping me completely clear while I experiment with my regime!

My adorable hubby with pesky blocked pores, blackheads, breakouts, and skin so oily that it sometimes feels sticky to touch (Lol, we always like the things we don't personally have ourselves I guess!) has seen relief with this toner when nothing else seems to work for him. (No worries dear, I love you even if you sprouted face boils!!) of course he isn't the most consistent about using it and I've now moved on to stealing his after using up my bottle. I don't know what I would do without this stuff...I'm addicted! I love waking up with peachy clear skin every day no matter what I do to it! I'm going to be buying this the rest of my life. It is very thin and absorbs instantly, so you don't have to deal with the very strong herbal/medicinal smell for long. However, the smell is something that now comforts me and I enjoy, as crazy as that sounds. It grows on you because you just fall in love with this product. Best news is that the ingredient list is short and sweet and contains no harmful alcohol or fragrance or additive crap.

I have zero qualms about the price ($27 for a 1.7fl oz bottle, I believe.)((there are larger sizes available.)) shipping and customer service is great. My small bottle lasted me months with nightly use. Once I finish the husbands, I will be buying a large bottle, and making sure I NEVER run out.

If you have any mild skin condition; like blackheads, surface level acne, dryness, or just general unsatisfaction with your skin tone and texture, I truly believe this will drastically improve if not totally cure the situation. (Keyword is mild situation though.) it did for me!!