Biologique Recherche Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Lotion P50

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 2/13/2017 11:31:00 AM

So, maybe I should have waited a bit more to write this review, since I have only used this two times. But thing is, I don't think I'll be using this again! I don't have acne, never had, just the ocasional hormonal breakouts. I never wear foundation or TM. I don't have particularly sensitive skin and I have used acids like AHA's and BHA's, as well as retin A for years. I used this like any other acid. Washed my face, waited 10 minutes to regulate my Ph, then applied the acid with a cotton pad, waited 10 minutes and applied a gentle moisturizer (Clinique overnight moisture mask). Also, I applied what was left on the cotton pad to my neck and woke up with a red, irritated neck.This stuff broke me out like hell. Not big pimples, but tiny white heads everywhere. I'm giving it two lippies instead of one because maybe that's just my personal reaction, but damn, didn't expect such a bad outcome. I don't believe in the 'purging' theory, my skin is ok, there's nothing to purge. I'll upload some pictures that I just took and will update this review in a few days and if I ever get the courage to use it again. But as of now, I doubt it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is pretty much the bees knees. I use the Lotion P50 phenol free version, and I refer to it as a magic potion. Best beauty purchase I've made in a long time. if you're on the fence about buying it, just go for it. Thank me later. They have different versions of P50, I have also tried the PIGM 400, and it's ok, but it does not give me the glow that regular p50 does. My bank account hates that I'm addicted to this, but my face is very thankful and glowy.

on 2/5/2017 5:44:00 PM

This product did nothing for my combination, sensitive, fair skin. No good changes, but no bad changes either. Simply made no difference. When I apply the product (morning and night) it does feel a tad sticky on my skin though.

I had heard such wonderful things I was hopeful. Have been using for 4 months now, and no change. Saved up my money for ages too! the good thing is that I still have atleast 3/4 of the bottle left, so I'll keep trying. The product certainly lasts a long time.

The smell isn't as awful as others day - it smells like apple cider vinegar.

I am probably the only person who hasn't seen results. Given that everyone else loves it I'd recommend that you try it for yourself.

on 1/27/2017 2:24:00 AM

My company sent me to Paris last week and the first thing that came to my mind was to look for "must buy skincare products in Paris", and VOILA! BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE LOTION P50 was the first thing to pop up at Google Search in nanoseconds..... I started to read all these reviews and testimonies about Lotion P50. That was the first time ever I've heard about this product (yea.... I know this is lame because many beauty editors have been talking about this for years). Anyways, it is pretty hard to get even in Paris because most (almost all) pharmacies and parapharmacies do not carry BR products. Also the fact that I spent most of the time in the office, I didn't have time to check out every store. In the end, I went straight to their physical store on Rue de Champs-Elysees to get the Lotion P50 1970. This lotion, more like a toner is no joke!!!! People call it Holy Grail, Jesus in a Bottle, Facial in a Bottle, and what not, I called it my Heaven on Earth in a Bottle. The bottle doesn't come in a nice glass fancy bottle or elegant packaging but I'm sure every single penny I've spent on this product is worth for what I get inside this white plastic bottle. I'm actually banging my head on the wall right now for not getting more of their products while in Paris!

OK, back to the review. This is only the fourth day I'm using it and I'm not kidding, IT WORKS WONDERS! My skin has been a mess over the pass few years: dryness, fine lines, large pores, acne, and sometimes I have a large cystic that keeps coming back from time to time when I'm super stressed and exhausted, and hormonal problems. My skin was dull, flaky and acne prone during the winter and oily, acne prone (yes, that sucks) during the summer or humid days. I have used many... like many products in the past, high-end, low-end, home-made, prescription products, and even products from Japan, Korea and Taiwan, where they're famous for skin care products. Well, none of them gives me this kind of immediate results like the Lotion P50. For me, I do not think it's on the pricey side. I truely think the the price is reasonable given the fact that I know this is going to work. I used the pricey stuff like SK-II's Facial Essense for more than a year (I thought I just needed to be patient and be persistent), "a bottle" of La Prairie Dry Oli (a bottle because it's $300 for a teeny tiny bottle which clogged my pores, and at that point, me and my wallet kind of lost our patience). I also tried the OTC brand like the Neutrogena Pore Fining Cream and Toner (which seemed to work in the beginning but I had massive breakouts later on, and dried patchy skin) and many other creams, serums and elixirs. I was hopeless and very close to a point where I was going to accept the fact that my skin is Bleh :( .... and my face looks Bleh :(..... for the rest of my life. I'm so SO happy that finally get my Heaven on Earth in a Bottle- the Lotion P50. I'm not exaggerating and I feel that I have to write this review because I needed to say something about it and share my experience with you.

Like most of the Lotion P50 users' comments about the smell of this product, its not pleasant, but it's tolerable. It will definitely give you that tingling sensation, but I really like it, in a sense that I know it's actually doing the working on my skin. Although the instruction tells you to put a few drops on a cotton pad and dap it to your skin, but I'm a cheapo and feel like 80% of the Lotion will be wasted on the cotton pad, I decided to just put a few drops on my palms and dap it to my face and neck. I have been using it twice a day for a few days and I've noticed the immediate nice glow on my skin. Redness is gone, skin feels soft and bye bye oily face. Before using this product, I put on make up everyday when I get to work) BB cream, eyeliner, blush and some brow liner. My makeup will stay for several hours, but the oil from my face washes off most of the make up by mid-day. After using this product (just a few days), my make up can stay up for the entire day while still feeling fresh and soft! I can't stop gazing myself at the mirror to witness this miracle myself!

Again, I'm using this for less than I week and I'm seeing and feeling the results already. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Lotion P50 will continue to work it's magic on my skin. I'll give another review in a month on how it's working on my ance, and whether it has minimizes my enlarged pores! I'm using the Lotion P50 with the Clarins Day and Night cream now. As soon as I finish the cream, I'll definitely use it with other BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE products for better results.

You can get this and other BR products in the US through a few renowned resellers such as The Rescue Spa, The Art of Beauty, Aida Bicaj and Paul Labrecque (I'll not get them from eBay or other unauthorized sellers). But if you ever had a chance to go to Paris, go to their salon store on Rue de Champs-Elysees, and may a schedule a facial treatment if your schedule allows you to do that! It's less expensive to get it in France.

on 1/12/2017 10:13:00 PM

my hg. My hg. I finally have it, my skincare hg....and its for a toner?!! I always thought the magic was in the serums or moisturizers or oils. I've tried so many things just to be totally underwhelmed or horrified by my subsequent breakout.

A little background about my skin: belongs to a 20-something, no blocked pores or blackheads like some others who use this product, is dry, sometime feel dull, not overly sensitive as I can pile on pretty much any product I want with no repercussion except when it comes to skincare, many of which uncharacteristically broke me out.This review is also for the P50 1970 original with phenol. (I'm not sure what the phenol is supposed to do but the original is what everyone raves about so I figured why not just get it.)

As I approach my mid-to-late twenties I was noticing my skin, while in generally good condition, was not as youthfully radiant and soft and hydrated as I remember it being. Maybe it's in my head. But I'm definitely much drier than I was in my teens and not always in love with the texture of my skin as a result. I saw everyone and their mother talking about this product, and everything else I tried for mild anti-aging/texture benefits completely dissapointed me by either doing nothing, or worked great but horribly broke me out. When I'm not messing around with my skincare, my face is totally clear, and I wanted to sustain that but get other benefits too. I was nervous about trying p50 because I read some reviewers state their skin "purged" before it began improving. I ordered two 1.7fl oz bottles, one for me and one for my husband, for us to try together. If we broke out at least we would break out together and not have to suffer alone!

But hello....none of that ever happened. Just pure amazingness. My first few applications stung and burned quite a bit and I was almost certain I was going to wake up with gut wrenching redness or something terrible, but nothing like that ever happened. I was nervous I was going to pay for putting this burning solution on my face---I guess it's the trademark vinegar ingredient?---but I was perfectly fine. I also worked my way up by diluting an organic cotton square with a little bit of water, and then following up with the p50 solution. Within 2 weeks or so there was no more burning.

I didn't notice a drastic overnight change right away. Didn't wake up with a new radiant and glowing face. If anything I will attest that a VERY mild "purge" took place and there was some redness and bumps/pimples on my cheeks that was only noticeable to me. No complaints about that and as I continued to use the toner, it seemed to be correcting this problem. My time of the month also came and went during this time and I acquired two small, surface level whiteheads on my chin. P50 had them gone within 2 days tops. Since I have been using this, I haven't had a single pimple, not even a microscopic one, not even during my time of the month. Holy goodness!

On top of that, my skin is definitely softer and more radiant. I don't really feel more hydrated (I don't think that is a claim or intent) but the sallowness that accompanies dry skin is completely gone. My skin is peachy toned and glowing and youthful. Still working on finding an HG moisturizer but in the meantime, p50 is keeping me on cloud 9 by banishing my dull dry skin look, and keeping me completely clear while I experiment with my regime!

My adorable hubby with pesky blocked pores, blackheads, breakouts, and skin so oily that it sometimes feels sticky to touch (Lol, we always like the things we don't personally have ourselves I guess!) has seen relief with this toner when nothing else seems to work for him. (No worries dear, I love you even if you sprouted face boils!!) of course he isn't the most consistent about using it and I've now moved on to stealing his after using up my bottle. I don't know what I would do without this stuff...I'm addicted! I love waking up with peachy clear skin every day no matter what I do to it! I'm going to be buying this the rest of my life. It is very thin and absorbs instantly, so you don't have to deal with the very strong herbal/medicinal smell for long. However, the smell is something that now comforts me and I enjoy, as crazy as that sounds. It grows on you because you just fall in love with this product. Best news is that the ingredient list is short and sweet and contains no harmful alcohol or fragrance or additive crap.

I have zero qualms about the price ($27 for a 1.7fl oz bottle, I believe.)((there are larger sizes available.)) shipping and customer service is great. My small bottle lasted me months with nightly use. Once I finish the husbands, I will be buying a large bottle, and making sure I NEVER run out.

If you have any mild skin condition; like blackheads, surface level acne, dryness, or just general unsatisfaction with your skin tone and texture, I truly believe this will drastically improve if not totally cure the situation. (Keyword is mild situation though.) it did for me!!

on 1/12/2017 8:18:00 PM

Firstly let me just say that I don't care how much this stuff costs or what the packaging looks like! It is the actual product I am reviewing. When something is this good it could cost £1,000 and come in a milk bottle for all I care!

I am using P50 without phenol and it is the best product I have ever used. This is my second bottle and I have only been using it for 2.5 weeks. The reason is because I was so inconsistent with my first bottle. I have always had clear skin although a bit on the dry side and I ruined my skin by using OCM! That was over 2 years ago and it has never recovered. Not acne as such but loads of blocked pores that just kept coming and coming no matter what I did or used or how many facials I had with acid peels and extractions. When I originally used this it made my skin worse! The blocked pores turned massive and loads more appeared so I would stop using it and then trying again a couple of days/a week later with the same results so eventually I gave up. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and with my skin still so bad I decided to buy another bottle and try again. Again my skin got worse but as seeing as it didn't seem to matter what I did I just followed the directions exactly. I used it twice a day undiluted. I am telling you all that the purge is real! It was not making my skin worse it was just bringing everything out! Even ones deep beneath the skin that I didn't know I had. My skin is smooth and even though I have still got a few blocked pores they are tiny and are almost gone. They are so easy to extract when they make it to the surface. Just push through the purge and you will get there. I have a facial booked so the last few can be extracted. So happy with this and wish I had been this consistent in the first place!

on 1/8/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I first read about this on the Skin & Tonics blog when I was first getting into AB, and man did I put off trying this as long as possible. I kinda had a sneaking/sinking suspicion that my acid tolerant skin would love this stuff, and I wasn't wrong. The first thing I noticed after using was how incredibly soft my skin was. Okay, that's a lie. The first thing I noticed was that it smelled like vinaigrette, but the second this wasn't definitely the softness. Like to the point that when I just sort of absently touched my face there was an exclamation of profanity and I rushed to the bathroom mirror to gaze at my skin in wonder as I stroked it (yeah, that sounds creepier than it was). The next thing that I noticed was that the tiny little clogged pores on my forehead - the result of wearing hats and sweating - just sort of disappeared. Not sure where they went, but I haven't seen them in like 4 months. Do I still break out while using this? Yes. Occasion hormonal related stuff, and definitely if I use a product my skin hates (most recently a Cover FX primer), but it helps tremendously, *especially* in regards to fading PIH. As to the cost: yes, it's bloody expensive, but I've been using the 1.7oz bottle once a day since October and I'm less than halfway through it (I DO NOT apply it to a cotton ball though - just dispense about 1/4tsp and pat onto my skin), so I think it works out in the end.

on 1/6/2017 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product is EVERYTHING - a total godsend for those of us struggling with dry patches, uneven tone and texture, and enlarged pores. This stuff knocked my 10% glyco toners out of the running and straight into my garbage can! Seriously!
P50 is probably the only product I have ever tried which does exactly as advertised, if not moreso. [For reference, I am using the P50 1970, original version].

I noticed a difference in my skin immediately-and things just got better with more use. Upon first application I got a bit of a stinging sensation and some redness but it was no biggie, and it went away aft a few uses. Since I am used to deep and heavy peels (at home and in derm office grade procedures) I knew this wasn't an issue for me. Right away my skin was smoother. I used it again at night and woke the next morning to a lovely glow. After a week of use 2x per day, my pores were noticeably smaller (due to the constant exfoliation this stuff does re clearing out the pores) and my dry patches were vastly improved, texture wise. I am now almost a month in and can barely notice any pores (they are tiny and almost closed up), the small blackheads on nose are gone, and my overall skin texture has improved by 90%, if not more. I now use this once a day for maintenance, and have re-added my other products. In conjunction with products such as Luna oil and beneficial creams, I note they now penetrate much better and are doing their job well since the P50 has slothed off the problem patches. I also used to be a major exfoliation gal but have come to find I no longer need those additional (and very pricey) products.

I just can't say enough about this product. Don't let the inconspicuous dollar store type packaging fool you and keep you from purchasing. Yes this is expensive BUT it is worth it! 5 stars? How about 5 thousand stars!!! Major HG in which I will never go without - I purchase 2 at a time now, bc I can't risk running out. That's how good this stuff is!

on 12/30/2016 5:13:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. So far my favorite formula is the 1970(the actual original)
It has a strong smell and does numb the skin, burns a bit but it's so worth it. My skin already looks better and it's rare I find products that actually make an improvement. I'm now going broke trying other things from this line. Personally I don't think this product is outrageous for the amount you get and the results you will see. However their other products are priced much higher and you get much less.

on 12/23/2016 6:19:00 PM

Okay, friends. I have been using this product religiously for about 6 months now. I feel completely comfortable reviewing/recommending it based on duration of use. This stuff is quite honestly skincare gold. I'm on my second bottle (I buy the second largest size). I still have 3/4 of my first bottle, but I was petrified of running out and needed to have a backup, as well as my travel size. My skin LOVES this. I have very sensitive, combo skin with redness on my cheeks. I used to have a few hormonal breakouts around TTOTM, but since using this, I never get those painful, cystic jaw pimples. It's a miracle. If I get a little pimple, it's a whitehead and goes away over night from thus magical exfoliating toner. I've completely gotten used to the smell- it's almost endearing at this point because I just know it's going to work. I recently bought a sample of the new P50 PIG 400, and will report with results/thoughts. Bottom line: I'll never be without this. Ever. It's holy grail, and lives up to the hype that surrounds this cult product. Buy a sample, try it, and *hopefully*, love it. Shoprescuespa.com has THE BEST customer service/fast shipping and always gives generous samples... This is where I purchased mine. Enjoy!!! (And ignore the smell! It's worth it!)