Biologique Recherche Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Lotion P50
Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 11/8/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The following review is for Biologique Recherche lotion p50 new formula (no phenol know as the "1970 formula"

This stuff is everything it's praised to be. I've been using this for about 4 weeks, and it's changed my skin. It's smooth, calm and fine textured where it was once before textured, bumpy and uneven in tone.
Some people talk about the sting and the redness but honestly, it's not bad at all. I have very sensitive skin and I can tolerate this acid toner without dilution. Yes, my face sometimes gets red for a few minutes sometimes but it calms down quickly. There's no alcohol in this toner but there is vinegar. I'm told it's the preservative, which is ok with me :)

Would I buy this again? For as long as I can afford it, absolutely. I hate most skincare products but this is HG for me. It's amazing

on 11/1/2016 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a disappointment. Desperate to get that glowing, clear skin that many women have been graced with, I sought to improve my acne-prone combination skin with this expensive little bottle just one week ago. Already my skin looks the worst it's been since my middle school days. Deep, red cystic bumps have appeared on areas that have generally stayed pretty clear. My pores still look gargantuan, the oiliness hasn't abated, and my mild rosacea has flared up like you wouldn't believe. Spare yourself the heartache and look for better, cheaper alternatives than this marketing ploy of a product.

Two Week Update: Ok. So my review from last week may just have been the result of severe purging from this lotion. My skin since then has become a lot more smooth, soft, and even. However, I'm still breaking out on parts of my forehead and chin with one or two deep cysts but mostly just white heads. Also, I've noticed a sheen to my face that I hope is not the 'glow' that you're supposed to get from this because I look incredibly oily. Is it possible I'm overdoing it? I'll cut back to once a day to see if this helps. My breakouts may also be a result of my diet since I haven't been eating all that well lately. Will continue to give updates, but so far I am liking the progress!

To Read all 141 Reviews, Login or Join

I agree with all the rave reviews here. In fact, I have a hard time believing that this has been the cause of some of the less flattering views here. This is mot the kind of product that would cause cystic acne IMO. Not unless someone is highly allergic to something in it. Which quite frankly the responsibility of the person with allergies to discern what they are allergic to. Some people are sensitive and allergic to everything and it's not a products fault for not addressing EVERY need, Bottom line for me is that this really given me the best skin I've had in a decade!

on 10/25/2016 10:11:00 AM

Ummmm I am a believer. I bought the sample size pf P50 (with phenol) (1.07 oz, so small) for about $27 and have been using it for about a week and, like, it works. I'm no stranger to chemical exfoliation - I've tried everything, it's the only way my skin looks anywhere near ok, so the P50 has been on my "must-try" radar or a while. I was having a medium-bad breakout due to my nemesis Panthenol, so decided to just go for it. Also, aside from the 3-4 active blemishes I wanted to zap, my pores have just been super congested lately.

The first night I used it I had all the normal experiences: smells gross (old-fashioned medicinal), kinda burny, kinda numb due to the phenol, kinda red now but let's see how the situation fares in the morning. And the next morning I definitely noticed an improvement and was pleased, but at that point it was nothing to write home about.

But now, a week later, not only do I want to write home about it, I want to put a ring on it. It's that good. The breakout is nearly gone, pores are getting squeakier by the minute, and my overall texture and glow is so good. I haven't experienced ANY irritation or even dryness really - I've been careful to properly moisturize, but that hasn't always worked with other exfoliants in the past, and I'm sure some of you can relate to that.

The sample size, while small, will last a while too. You don't need a lot (I use kind of a lot, but that's just my preference) and the level hasn't really gone down yet. Hard to explain, but I'm sure the big size (which I am ordering ASAP) will last at least 6 months.

I have heart eyes for this product.

on 10/16/2016 4:30:00 PM

Omg I better start saving my pennies since I will be buying alot of it. Truly amazing ... Ive only been using it for 4 days and Ive tried everything over the years and my skin is so clear already. No blackheads or clogs, smooth and fresh looking. And Im 53 so no small feat! Yes it smells medicinal and numbs my lips a bit but Its worth it ...

This is the best exfoliating toner I've ever used. It's expensive, it's smelly, and it totally works. I'm not a newbie to chemical exfoliation and have used a variety of AHA's and BHA's over the years from the affordable to the expensive (Paula's Choice to Peter Thomas Roth and Dr Dennis Gross). I always come back to this because nothing shrinks the pores and gives me quite as luscious a glow as this. It's strong, so you have to take it slow working up to using daily. Worth every penny.

on 8/26/2016 4:07:00 PM

Biologique Recherche--Could it be? Products that actually live up to the hype and cult-like status?
Finally, yes, skincare that lives up to all its accolades. I recently clawed my way out of the trenches of having three toddlers at the same time and have a little more time and energy to look at beauty blogs and videos. And to find out that I now know nothing about new products or better ways for products to work together. Luckily, I did find a few beauty bloggers who I trusted for knowledgeable and honest advice. Biologique Recherche's Lotion P50 (Original 1970 version) and Masque Vivant were mentioned over and over again. BR pretty much has an international cult-like following for being amazingly effective, but adding to the mystique, there are only a few places in the US that you can order it from. The products aren't cheap, but with all the good reviews and rapidly approaching 42, I bit the bullet and ordered a few items from The Rescue Spa. Along with Lotion P50 (1970), I got the Creme Dermopurifiante and the Masque Vivant. In product reviews on site after site, there were quite a few (okay, a lot) of people who said that the products smelled really odd, and they do. It reminds me of when my dad brewed his own beer. If there are any Washington, DC people reading this, it smells like the 9:30 club circa 1992. So they do smell strange, but they really really work, better and faster than anything I've every used. Just in the first 3 days I used it, I got 4 compliments. Not sure my husband is too thrilled by the scent judging by the look on his face when I told him to smell it, but he did say, "wow, your skin looks good today" before I told him I had tried something new.

on 8/19/2016 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nothing really changed, didn't purge, had the glow, pores stayed same, hate the smell, decent acid, but was it worth the hype?

on 8/18/2016 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was so excited to try this brand ...

But, every product so far ... No, no, NO!

For my skin type, that is.

If this product wreaks havoc on your complexion, find someone who can love it and benefit from it (from the many glowing reviews - these people are out there!) - give it to them and buy yourself Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA.

Everyone is different, but for me - the gentler the better.

This product burnt my skin and turned it bright pink.

I tried using it on several occasions varying cleanser types/wait times and each time - pain and irritation.

on 8/18/2016 12:21:00 AM

8.18.16: Why can't I have nice things?? Why can't this miracle product that everyone raves about work for me? I got greedy. My skin was actually looking halfway decent and I had to go and try and make it perfect. Now it's ruined for at least the next few months. I must come to terms with the fact that I will never have perfect skin. I just won't. And this was not a miracle for me. It was a fucking curse. I have 5 new ENORMOUS cystic pimples on my cheeks and lip. My cheeks haven't broken out in at least a year. I had them looking ok. Now I have to wait out these ugly red angry monsters. They don't even have a head to them. They're just red and sore and ugly. This sucks. Test it out before you slop it all over your face like my dumb ass did. I get excited with new products. Especially those called "Jesus in a bottle." I expected a purge, but there is no fucking way I'm putting up with anymore cystic pimples like these. I can't. I don't even want to look in the mirror. This REALLY sucks. For those of you who love it, I'm happy. But for those of us with finicky skin, the search for "Jesus in a bottle" continues, because he sure as hell wasn't in there for me.

UPDATE 8.25.16: Alright. I've given this stuff a little time. I was a bit overwhelmed when I wrote my first review because my face looked like shit. I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now. I started off too strong, I think. I figured since I already use acids regularly, I could just use this full strength, and I don't recommend that to anyone. Start slowly. Wet a cotton pad and apply your P50 to that to dilute it a bit. After writing my previous review, I took a day off, and wrote an email to customer service at Rescue Spa where I ordered from. They responded fairly quickly with very detailed tips. I will admit I didn't follow directions 100%, because the Biologique Recherche line is stupid expensive and I spend enough money on skincare as it is. I kept using my P50 day and night on a wet cotton pad as suggested, and a lot of these huge pimples have started to go down. NexCare acne absorbing covers have been a lifesaver with these spots. (Seriously, if you've never tried them, they are fantastic for absorbing the goo outta your faceholes overnight, and super cheap!)

The reason I gave this a second chance was because my skin, where NOT broken out, looks good. Like, really good. I can see a glow in there, trying SO hard to break through. I am glad I didn't give up. I will update again in another few weeks. Hopefully my rating on this product will eventually make it all the way to 5 lippies.

UPDATE 9.19.16: Nope. The glow was a figment of my imagination. The purging slowed, but I saw little improvement. I now have many new spots of hyperpigmentation to get rid of. I tried really hard to like this, and I used it as directed, slowly upping the strength by lowering how much I diluted with water. This product just isn't good for me. Back to my cosRX blackhead power liquid. Much cheaper and better results for me!!