Prescriptives All Clean Fresh Foaming Cleanser-Normal Skin

No Image

4.1

on 1/4/2016 12:28:00 PM

My favorite cleanser. Fragrance-free but has a fresh sort of citrus smell. Foams well, removes all traces of makeup. I order now through Prescriptives.com.

on 12/21/2012 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It works really well and it's easy to find.I usually wash my face at least twice to make sure all the makeup is completely gone.

on 6/28/2009 7:56:00 AM

This cleanser will get you squeaky clean with no residue whatsoever. It is high foaming but yet easily washed off and only a pea-sized amount is needed. The tube should last a good 6 months. The smell is pleasant and the texture is a white pearly consistency. I would however, recommend that make up is removed first. This is the best that a basic cleanser gets and would be suitable for most skin types.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Very good product. This tube (150ml I believe) should last you for a year. It has actually lasted me longer! It is not a heavily scented product, you get reasonable foaming action without being to excessive. It gives your skin a good clean and I found myself not needing to use toner after using it.

on 11/7/2008 7:27:00 PM

This would be a great cleanser if it delivered on its claim to lift away makeup. It does not. Even after massaging over wet face as recommended and rinsing thoroughly, there was way too much makeup left behind. Very disappointing. I notice some users love this cleanser but they use a makeup remover beforehand. That would be Ok if this product didn't promise you don't need to take that extra step. The tube does last a long time and a little goes a long way, however, I will not re-purchase. It's just not worth it.

I didn't do the ratings thing. I recently bought a vibrant gift set at one of those outlet mall stores that the Lauder company owns, and this cleanser was in it. I loved it, the smell is seriously addicting and the formula worked well with my skin. Found myself looking forward to washing my face every night. So here's my question/problem: I went and bought a full size tube, and it's not the same exact product. The gift set cleanser was a vibrant-y pink color, and, I swear, had exfoliating properties to it, that dissolved when you began massaging it in. Like, teeny grains. The counterperson didn't know what I was talking about. Was it a really old gift set, or a holiday promotion, or am I just delusional? Can anyone help me? I am so disappointed!

on 7/28/2008 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

OMG this stuff is addicting. I don't know how why, I guess it's the texture, but it really is a treat to use this at the end of the day. I got a tube as a sample in a Vibrant gift kit and I think I'm hooked. Just the *sample* tube has even lasted a long time.
PROS: smells amazing, the texture, and the fact that I don't need eyemakeup remover when I use it! I can skip a step. Yes!
CONS: dammit, there's like a million Parabens in it and I'm trying to wean off of those products. Also, my normal-dry skin feels the tiniest, slightest bit tight afterwards. I agree with Improvduck's review in that it feels like one has to rush to put on moisturizer afterwards to avoid that tight feeling.
Still, the fact that it cuts out a step at night and it's a pleasure to use means that I will use it on days I'm in a hurry to get to bed. So well done Px, your freebie marketing ploy worked. I'm definitely going to get a full-size tube.

on 6/7/2008 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite facial cleanser, hands down. I have been using it for over 9 years (I know it was before my daughter was conceived), and I am amazed & relieved that Prescriptives has not discontinued this fantastic product. I use this nightly after using a make-up remover to remove most of the stuff off of my face first. (Before I used foundation on a daily basis, I would wash my face at night with just the All Clean... and that was all I needed.) I have repurchased this many times over the years, and I do agree with previous gals who said that "a little goes a long way" and "a tube lasts forever." You get a ton of product inside, and you only need a small strip of ribbon to get this to lather up and thoroughly wash your face. (This is why I don't mind paying $21 for a tube.) Lasts MUCH longer than the $4- $8 drugstore foaming cleansers that lasted me about a month... and came with a stinging, obnoxious, offensive, cheap fragrance to boot. I've given up on trying to go "cheap" and just primarily use All Clean now.

My only complaint about this product is the packaging, but it's not bad enough for me to stop using the product, because the product INSIDE the package is great! I wish Prescriptives would repackage this in a pump bottle- or just a better tube- because I have had 2 tubes fall apart on me. (Maybe becuz I have handled them for so long?) The first tube ripped at the seam, and product would ooze out from both ends of the tube. I wrote to the company about this, and they sent me a free, full-sized tube for my troubles. Now on my current tube, the top cracked off so I can't close the tube, and it pops off every time I squeeze it to release product! There is still alot of product left inside... so I can't throw it out. Naturally, the receipt is long gone... but I am thinking of bringing this to a random Prescriptives counter and see if they handle this as generously (exchange mine for a new one) as the company did the first time I had a problem with the tube. If things go well, I will come back and update this to let you know how good (or bad) Prescriptives customer service is... :o)

UPDATE 6/9/08: So, I took my broken tube back to a Pres. counter at Nordstroms (thank you, sarahandj!), and it turns out the SA had experience with this sort of problem. We compared it to another cap on the tube, and realized mine wasn't cracked... it just needed to be snapped on a certain way. So she snapped and twisted it on the right way... and voilą, problem solved! Didn't need a new one, afterall... :o) continued >>

I'm not sure I can give this product enough praise. I love it *so* much. I had a hard time finding a nice cleanser that was just for normal skin. I didnt want one that was for oily/normal or dry/normal... just simply normal. Previous to this, I had not used Prescriptives, but I knew they were in the same line as Clinique (which I had been using.. 3 step), but a step up. A very wonderful consultant talked to me and I decided to buy this that day. He also included some other samples (foundation, moisturizer, etc). I think this product makes my skin feel the way that it should. It does not scream out for moisturizer when I am done and it just feels nice, clean and soft. I also believe that my skin has a bit of a glow to it, too. I enjoy how I do not have to use a makeup remover, also. This cleanser removes my makeup and is not harsh when it does so. You also do not have to use very much at all. Instead of working this into a foam in my hands, I wet my face and then apply a very small amount to both my cheeks, forehead and chin and then work it in for a few seconds.

EDIT: Sorry guys, but after using this for a while I started to have a reaction to it. I talked with the consultant and we both decided that it is probably the citrus extracts. I've switched to the Comfort Cleanser. continued >>

on 12/19/2007 11:34:00 AM

I don't need a seperate make-up remover when i use this cleanser. It isn't over drying. I use it daily and with one purchase you get enough product to last a year.