Laura Mercier Rose Glace Lip Gloss

Laura Mercier Rose Glace Lip Gloss

4.2

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the mostly positive reviews. Yes, it is a lovely color, and yes, it does last pretty long for a lip gloss. But I find it quite sticky and gritty, thus uncomfortable to wear. It also makes my lips peel after I've worn it for a few hours, so I'm concluding the color is not worth the discomfort.

on 2/7/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a very lovely rose lip gloss. It's a deeper, reddened rose that goes nice alone or when paired with a pink or red lipstick. The consistency is quite heavy (more like a liquid lipstick than a gloss), but it makes up for it in the fact that it makes your lips look SO succulent and juicy! I find this gloss to be pretty moisturizing as well. Plus it stays on for hours!

Overall, a nice gloss that I would definitely purchase again.

BTW- This doesn't really look how it looks in the little icon picture. It's quite a bit deeper than that.

To Read all 64 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my HG bright rose pink lip gloss! I have the mini size from the lip glace sampler sold at Sephora, but I can't wait to use it up and then buy the real size version. the formula is amazing and moisturizing and looks lusciously shiny. This is a beautiful color and I'm in love.

Currently my HG lip gloss! Love the applicator and a little product goes a long way. I do find I have to apply this after a few hours. It gives such a nice finish and makes my lips look amazing.

on 1/19/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Oooh, this is so pretty! Rose is a reddish medium rosy pink, and one of the most beautiful "rose" shades I've ever seen. I love that most of Laura Mercier's lip products contain Maxi-Lip and moisturizing butters, and Lip Glace is no exception. It's full of shine and gloss and it's very, very smooth, rich, and creamy. I love wearing this gloss. It has quickly become my favorite.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have never tried LM products before, but I know there is a lot of positive buzz about her line so I decided to give this gloss a try. I love the consistency of it, its much thicker than most glosses, more like a "liquid lipstick" feel, but not heavy like ones that are advertised that way. Smells nice and sugary (but not overpoweringly so) and it goes on really smooth.
Everytime I wear this I ALWAYS get compliments on how it looks on me, what a nice color for my face, etc. I usually wear pinks during the day, this color is a little more bolder than what I would wear. Kind of like a deep, bright Rose, but still in the Pink family. Both the color and the shine last for hours, which I'm always impressed by since that's the miracle promise that almost never happens!
I recommend this for those who, like me, stick to soft , muted pinks and want to try something just a little bolder.
I'm really impressed by this formula and will definitely buy another when I'm done!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Lip Glace in Rose is a very pretty medium pink gloss on me (NW25 with fairly pigmented lips.) The consistency is of a soft, liquid lipstick and it's very easy to apply, lasting well without bleeding over the lipline. The colour isn't quite clear - it has a very slight milky quality to it - and the shine is subtle. It's a lovely gloss, but I must say the smell of it is so disgusting (ultra sweet vanilla) that I'm almost tempted to take off one lippie. Fortunately it doesn't last long.

If I wanted a hot pink color on my lips I would have liked it a whole lot more. I bought it because Sephora was out of stock on NARS Bad Education and I wanted another deep rose lipgloss. I settled for this one because I was in a rush and tomorrow it will be going back.

I've got the Petal Glace and I must say, it's one of my favourite everyday products. Aside from the very pretty colour, it goes on really smoothly and looks great even without lipstick. Even if you put too much on it doesn't look or feel heavy at all. The texture is great too - not too sticky! Packaging is great, no spills so far and I've had mine for a few months already. Great product! Will definitely buy more shades.

on 10/9/2008 5:57:00 PM

This lipgloss goes on great (very smooth), like the last review: “its pigmented, and reminds me slightly of liquid lipstick on your lips” it stays on long, its not sticky for a gloss, it’s a great colour on me. I like how long it’s lasted (a little goes a long way) and I love how it doesn’t ‘leak’ in my makeup bag. It also has a bit of a moisturizing effect on my lips. I just don’t like: The smell (it smells like wet cardboard or like old people lipstick), the taste it leaves (shudder), or the price $35 Cdn. I took off two lippies for price, smell, and taste factor, I wont buy again (I think I like the Benefit, Her Glossiness more because of the same effect and the $12 price difference)

If you're thinking about getting this, put on a nice smelling lipchap before hand, it helps with the smell, and wipe off as much before eating.