Lancome Renergie Lift Makeup SPF 20

Lancome Renergie Lift Makeup SPF 20

Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5% and titanium dioxide 3.2% Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, zea mays (corn) kernel extract, PEG-30 glyceryl stearate, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, ceramide 3, glycine soja (soybean) oil, carnauba wax, caffeine, cellulose gum, 2-oleamido-1,3 octadecanediol, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, alcohol denat., disodium stearoyl glutamate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, polycaprolactone, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, tocopherol. May contain: bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides.

on 9/26/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this foundation, being on the hunt for something that would work for dry skin. I had high hopes since it is high end, etc. I was surprised at how mediocre this product is. Very light coverage, almost none--is it possible they forgot to shake the bottle before blipping me out a sample? Anyway, as I was using it, I thought it was almost the exact same product as L'Oreal Lumi. On a hunch, I compared the sample shade of the Lancôme Renergie #160 with my Lumi N1-2. Dead on the same, even down to the "Luminesce" sheer sort of finish. Now, I actually kind of like Lumi, but it can emphasize some dryness as does the Renergie. I guess it comes down to I am ok with paying drugstore prices (12 bucks vs 48 bucks!) for Sheer/Light/Luminesce--like for summer time use, when skin is oilier, but going into fall-winter, I need it to be more moisturizing.

I was very disappointed when lancome discontinued their teint visionnaire foundation in thir shade 100. 100 was the lightest colour and 110 looks ridiculous on me. Visionnaire was the best foundation for aging skin that I had ever tried and now it's being phased out:(. Why lancome???
Anyhow this foundation was recommended as a replacement. It's definitely not as good but it's ok. The lightest colour is perfect for very pale skin. The finish is dewy on me but you need a lot of foundation to get the full coverage that u got from visionnaire. It looks best when applied with a beauty blender but I have to use a lot of it and at this price point I don't really think it's worth it. It lasts about 6 hours on me (unlike visionnaire which lasted 10+ hours). This is nice for mature, pale skin but I am hoping there is something better out there. I do not notice any lifting effect at all. It shouldn't be marketed as having a lifting effect. Really what product can really do that? If you have one let me know! I apply oil to my face to keep the foundation from getting flaky. As this is targeted to mature skin I was surprised that it made my face look dry if I didn't apply the oil. It shouldn't do that. It didn't break me out or cause irritation.
In short lancome please bring back teint visionnaire in shade 100!

on 9/7/2016 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I know I shouldn't be writing this review until after I try this out for a few days. However, I'm so excited about my initial impression that I had to tell.

First of all, I have 60 year old dry skin. My coloring is fair with a hint of pink undertones. I would say I run around a NW 15-20 depending on the season.

I ordered on line the Renergie in 210 Buff N and 255 Clair NC. I actually think both will work for me. Right now the 255 Clair is a perfect match for my skin. I have been color matched at many counters and don't think I've ever had such a spot on color match. The Buff is a bit lighter and definitely more neutral. It might work well in the winter when I'm more pale.

I put this on over Cerave Baby cream and the finish is just so natural. It actually is pretty close to full coverage but the dewiness makes it look so natural. It's not shiny but kind of glowing. I can't get over the finish - just what I've been searching for. If it holds up throughout a full work day, it might be my perfect foundation. Up until this point, my favorite had been Estée Lauder ReNutriv.

I'll update within the next few days to see if this continues to be my #1 foundation.

I didn't need to go further than one day with this. My super excitement about the finish of this came to a screeching halt about 4 hours into the day. The finish still looked luminous. But, here's the big but - I had perfectly moisturized skin the 2 days before trying this foundation - no dry skin anywhere on my face. This went on so nice and I was so hoping it had some moisture benefits. Nope - at the 4 hour mark I started showing dry patches. Not itchy allergic patches - just regular dry skin. I actually took off the foundation at noon and just put some face cream on.

Hopefully this will work better for those with oily skin. It's back to Estée Lauder ReNutriv for me.

on 9/1/2016 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I'm definitely with some of the other reviewers here, this is not that great. I have combo skin and felt this was quite heavy and suffocating. It tightened my skin and felt extremely drying so much so that I felt like I had to put oil on my skin just to get some moisture back and I can guarantee to you oil is my kryptonite so I can't even begin to imagine how ladies with drier skin handle this stuff.
Minus that huge no no, it's not all bad and have some redeeming qualities. It blends really easily and looks quite flawless for a couple of hours but then it changes a bit. It's not a terrible change per se (I've seen worse) but it did appear to make the pores on my checks ever so slightly larger and it felt a bit oily and shiny without being overly so. Not enough to give me nightmares but enough to make me question its worth.
I've actually been thinking about this foundation in the last week, trying to get to the root of what the problem was and then it struck me. It's like Lancome decided to mix all their foundations together and came up with Regenerie.
It's not bad and it's not good, but rather lies somewhere in the limbo of meh.

*Edit: I forgot to add that this transfers like my bank account after payday. Yuck

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Fantastic foundation for dry or combo-dry skin.

I have sensitive (mild rosacea), combination skin (dry- winter, oily - summer)that is prone to breakouts with the wrong products. I have been using this foundation for almost 10 years and it is FANTASTIC at instantly concealing redness and bumps from rosacea and seamlessly conceals my extremely dry and chalky winter flakes - in fact, it covers flakes completely and gives a healthy glow. However, I definitely have to pair this with an oil-free moisturizer in the summer or else "healthy glow" turns into "oily" by midday.

Finding the perfect color match was a bit tedious and required many trips to various department stores and SA's (fair-neutral leaning warm) but they give generous samples. The variety of fair colors is great albeit a bit overwhelming because so many colors "technically" matched but after wearing them for a while they always seemed a bit "off" until I found the right SA who insisted on matching the foundation to my chest (Bisque 260N). So, if you do try this and don't love the color but love the formula, it's worth the effort to keep trying, it's hard to imagine a match doesn't exist (for fair folks).

It's on the expensive side but the large 5oz bottles can be purchased on ebay and last a very long time since a little goes a long way.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Dear Lancome,

You suck! You took possibly the best full coverage foundation for dry skin ever made and turned it into a vat of severely overpriced mediocrity that covers NOTHING! It takes forever to "dry", rubs off more, doesn't fill in my lines like it used to, loses coverage during the day, and has a scarily unreliable finish. Congratulations! You managed to "fix" everything that was great about this foundation--one of the very few that I have ever paid over $40 for. I have very dry skin and huge pores. For two years this was the ONLY makeup that would work for me. Whoever decided to "tweak" this, if I ever see you in a dark alley, you'd better pray and run--and not necessarily in that order.

In conclusion, Lancome, please bite me.

To any other dry-skinned ladies considering this, if you need light coverage, you have plenty of better options than this--skip it. Normal to oily--not for you, trust me. Need medium or more coverage? You can't trust this puppy for that anymore. You might try UD Naked, Nars Sheer Glow, Maybelline liquid mousse or even Fit Me... Anyone else who's found a good replacement for this, or who just wants to hold and rock me while I cry, please message me. We will comfort each other.

This foundation looks natural and beautiful when it's first applied, however it does not last an entire day- after about six hours of wear, my redness is peeking through and the color also oxidizes a shade darker. I even tried it with a primer underneath and it still did not last. Going to return mine.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am 73 and have been using this makeup for several years. I have a mild rosacea and it covers it completely in addition to giving me a lovely dewy look often generating compliments from much younger friends. I would recommend it to anyone.

on 10/16/2014 2:27:00 PM

I recently switched from Teint Idole 24 hr to Renergie Lift. I wear the same shade in both foundations. I feel Renergie Lift is easier to apply. It spreads easily when applied with a foundation brush and the coverage is very natural. The color does not oxidize throughout the day. My only complaint is the pump dispenser is hard to control. On the good side, one pump is enough to do my entire face, but when I want a little less for more sheer coverage, it's hard to get less than a full pump out. Overall, the finish is really lovely and smooth and it blends seamlessly with my own skin.

on 6/13/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This used to be my HG foundation until Lancome decided to tweak the original version and to change both the overall formula and the color palette. I reach for it most days anyway but I had to switch from using Porcelaine 140--previously Porcelaine C 20--to Ivory W 160 because the color (which was a spot-on match for my skin) was reformulated to be so light that I looked like I had kabuki makeup on. Also it's more watery than the original version so that I now have to use two pumps to cover my imperfections instead of one. I used to get so many compliments when I used this foundation that I thought I'd never look for anything else. It made my aging skin glowy and radiant. It looks good when I apply it but it just doesn't have the same dewy quality to it and I have to really moisturize adequately before applying now. Yet my nose can get shiny several hours into the day and it doesn't seem to have the staying power it used to have. Laura Mercier TM in Porcelain is another option on days when I need very little coverage and I also like Jane Iredale Liquid foundation in Amber but the Renergie doesn't irritate my skin the way these other foundations can and I appreciate the SPF 20 it contains. I've just purchased another bottle but it's very expensive now ($47 US) and I'd like something that matches my skin tone more closely and has a better delivery system. There is no control on the pump and you can't adjust the amount that comes out so that you can use half a pump if you want to bolster some areas of your skin that look dull or red. Once you press down, the mechanism delivers a full pump. It doesn't drip ever though and despite coming in a heavier glass bottle, I can travel with Renergie Lift without complications. I wish they'd go back to the old formula and also offer a cushion version of this foundation. Then it would be my HG again. Given the fact that this isn't likely to happen the search continues.