Alpha Skin Care Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

Alpha Skin Care Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA
Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHAEnhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

4.2

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea

on 11/6/2017 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hey y’all which is the one that clears up comedones? Is it the soufflé, thelotion , th oil free? Also what percentage? Where can you get this product from and is it under the same name?

I’ll update this review once I use the product for one month

YOU HAVE TO USE THIS! Will transform your skin! i had used this a while ago and ran out and ever since....for the past year, i've had severe clogged pores, especially on one side of my face near my cheeks. i also have large pores which makes me crazy. I found a small amount in a bottle in my "stash" and thought...oh my word....this is what's wrong! I stopped using this....with in one week, my face has transformed....my pores are no longer clogged anywhere on my face.....and my cheek has cleared up and my pores are NOTICEABLY SMALLER in one week....now I know what I have been forgetting the past year and truthfully this is a facial life saver! It cleared up my skin and removed ALL clogged pores which is why I guess my pores on my face look so much smaller!!!!!!!!!!! I use this day and night....not greasy and doesn't make you oily. HOLY HOLY GRAIL I TELL YA! ANd it's not expensive!!!!! WOW. I feel like a new woman and in one week, i look ten years younger....maybe not ten, but in one week, my face has made a major transformation. WILL NEVER EVER STOP USING THIS AGAIN!!!!

on 8/26/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have repurchased this many times. I'm a huge and longtime fan of the Alpha Hydrox line. This product is not terribly moisturizing however it feels nice enough. It is a good chemical exfoliant and it is effective. Occasionally, it stings a little, depending on the skin that day, but not usually. I don't think it has any scent. Cheap and effective - that's Alpha Hyrdrox!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

If you want an anti aging cream BUT you still get acne, this lotion is for you. I'm in my mid 20s so I'm at that awkward time when I know I should be starting an antiaging routine but I still break out like crazy from heavy oils or creams. This lotion exfoliate gently and gets rid of discoloration and patches. It helps my acne because of the exfoliation and acid in the lotion. Doesn't dry out my skin but can sting if I use it every day. I typically try to use it once every 2 days or so. Recommend!!

on 9/28/2016 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So far so good! After suffering from a really bad hormonal breakout after stopping birth control, I introduced AHA products into my skin care routine. I started out with super low percentages (2% and 5% products) with the intention of slowly working my way up to this product in particular, based on all of the positive reviews.

I found this hidden in my ulta, like bottom shelf in a dark corner kind of hidden, and picked it up for about $13 with a coupon. Not bad considering you seriously only need a tiny bit for your face. I've only used it for about 3 days now and my skin is finally clear. The products I was using before got rid of most of my clogged pores and cystic acne, but there were still a few bumps that would not budge no matter what I did (which is why I thought it was time to up it to this product line). After using this for one night, my skin cleared up most of the inperfections that were left on my skin!

I do struggle a bit trying to squeeze the product out of the tube sometimes, but placing it upside down on my dresser has fixed that. That is the only con I could come up with though.

I have only been using this for a short while and I will update if anything changes, but as of right now I love this product! I don't think that I will purge the way that some other reviewers has noted because I did spend a few weeks introducing AHA products to my skin (The Nip+Fab glycolic fix line, in case anybody was wondering).

Overall, I would definitely repurchase!

---

UPDATE: 10/8/16

I'm still really enjoying this product! I still get some closed comedones around my jawline (they're hormonal so they won't stop with just topical treatment, but I'm looking into supplements) but I've noticed that the majority of them extract SUPER easily and don't leave a mark left behind. The ones that aren't able to be extracted end up disappearing within a day or two after appearing and they're so tiny now that you won't notice them unless you're touching my skin.

When I first began using this, I was using it all over my face at night and then using my Nip+Fab Overnight Gel as a spot treatment for my problem/active areas and that's how I saw the quickest results. Unfortunately I've misplaced my Nip+Fab gel so I haven't been able to use it for a good week, but my skin is still holding up really well without it. I did get lazy this week and missed a few days without using this lotion and I could definitely feel the difference without it. My skin just wasn't as vibrant and the few closed comedones that I had wouldn't budge. The second I began using it again they diminished significantly though.

I will update again if I notice anything else change!

---

UPDATE: 10/16/16

If you are interested in this product I seriously you suggest using it for an entire month before seeing if it's for your skin! I say this because since I was still experiencing closed comedones around my jawline, I was beginning to look into more products to add into my routine. I had to wait a week from my previous review because I had to wait until payday before I made anymore investments. Payday has arrived and I honestly don't think I need to purchase any new products anymore!!

I washed my makeup off tonight and noticed that all of my closed comedones are GONE. I had also found my nip+fab overnight treatment that I had lost and began to use that again during the week. I truly believe that these two products are my holy grails! If you are using this for a month and still feel like you need an extra oomph to this product, I seriously suggest checking out the nip+fab overnight gel. I couldn't be happier with how my skin has cleared up in just a month's time thanks to these products. I'm really happy I had to wait a week before wasting my money on something else because this works perfectly, my skin was still adjusting I think. And now that I think about it, I might have been purging a bit for the 2nd/3rd week that I started using this but it's well worth it.

P.S. this is the ONLY thing that has cleared up my stubborn chest acne that I have been struggling with since puberty!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased a good-sized bottle of this on Amazon for about $20 when I saw it has gotten good reviews across the board on several sites. I think the price is very reasonable given what similar products are selling for at Sephora.
I am 27 years old, have one very faint fine line that might not even be noticeable to others, no acne aside from the occasional flare-up, and normal skin that never gets dry, partially because I live in a humid climate and keep my skin continually moisturized to an almost suffocating extreme.
I bought this more or less as a preventive measure against wrinkles and other skin grievances, and I believe it might be the foremost asset in my skincare routine. I stopped using this for over a week to try out some samples I had gotten from Sephora and, wouldn't you know, my skin looked more haggard by the end of that week than it had in almost a year. This stuff is gold in a bottle!
I know it's working because it does have a slight sting to it- nothing painful but noticeable nonetheless. I use it at night and find the sensation refreshing especially when I had a full face of makeup slathered on during the day.
My current routine is: This lotion at night, Neutrogena anti-wrinkle spf 15 during the day (separate review), and Peter Thomas Roth un-wrinkle pads about 4-5 days a week. I believe this combination, with the AHA perhaps the most effective, has given me firm and healthy-looking skin.

on 4/25/2016 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is absolutely one of my HG moisturizers. I use this for its magical exfoliating powers, not really for deep moisture treatment. The texture is thin, it's easy to apply and sinks in quickly. Layers wonderfully with other products. I like this lotion formula a lot better than the souffle, which can be a bit gummy and take forever to absorb. I can always tell when I haven't been using this often enough (I rotate between a few things and sometimes forget). This really does make my skin look fresh and new and gives it a gentle satin sheen because it's so soft and so nicely exfoliated.

Also, I should point out that there is SO MUCH PRODUCT IN THIS BOTTLE for the price. It is ridiculous. This is a larger bottle than any facial moisturizer I've ever purchased. Amazing value. I hope they never stop making this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Update:
One year later and I still use this every day, morning and night. Works wonders. The first few weeks I had to use it every second day in order for my skin to get used to it. It will cause some redness at first, that is normal. Your skin will adjust. I am in my mid twenties, and struggle with mild acne, but also want to target those fine lines and wrinkles early on. This is perfect for both. I also use the serum. Both help with my acne, and wrinkles. Honestly, after using this for a year I have noticed such a difference in the fine lines. My skin looks healthy and plump. In the winter months (Alberta!) I mix this with my holy grail clinique overnight moisture mask to combat dryness. Give it a try! I buy off of Amazon. The price point is great. Make sure you use a good sunscreen with this product. It will cause you to be more sensitive to the sun ( I use la roche 60 spf for face). Will continue to repurchase. Holy grail!!

Previous:
I saw this in makeupalley top picks for moisturizers, thought I would give it a try. Bought it off of amazon for a reasonable $20. The first time I used it it stung and my skin was read. I believe that's pretty normal. I used it every other night, then eased into every night. It truly works great. This, along with daily exfoliation has cleared & brightened my skin. I will repurchase. I have sensitive skin and was concerned the first few uses, but the results are worth trying it!

Update: still using this, along with the aha soufflé 12%' and the 14% serum. My skin has improved so much thanks to these products. I will continue using them faithfully. I have suffered from acne since my early 20s and now I can finally wear minimal to no makeup and feel comfortable. Highly recommend if you suffer from mild to moderate acne, or have dull skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my favourite AHA product at the moment. I apply it as a cream all over my face after cleansing, I just like it to do its work overnight. You just have to make sure your face is completely dry otherwise you'll annihilate the acidic effect. It comes in a squeeze bottle with a cap - very good hygiene-wise. Its been few months since I got it, there's still about half bottle left and it hasn't lose its efficacy. I tried their 10% cream, but prefer this one. You get a lot more product for same price, if not cheaper. Recommend!

on 2/23/2016 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is more of a first impression than a review because I have just started using this particular AHA. First, let me say I notice it is a new packaging for this line that is now called ALPHA Skin Care instead of ALPHA HYDROX.

Prior to purchasing this product I had used and liked their AHA Souffle 12% and the Intensive serum 14%. So I am not a newbie to this product line, but am new to the 10% "Essential Renewal Lotion". Because I have used higher levels of Glycolic AHA, I feel no tingling or burning. I'm not sure I like my AHA in lotion form, and will probably go back to the Intensive serum 14% because I like that delivery system better.

This was a 4 oz. size for $16.99 from Ulta. You can probably find it less expensive elsewhere.

I think this would be a good starter for someone that needs a less intense percentage of AHA, and it also comes in a cream base.

I do love their products and their prices, but only gave it 4 lippies due to the fact I prefer the serum form.

I look forward to reading future reviews of this product & see what you think.

Popular Moisturizers