Physicians Formula Eye Makeup Remover Lotion Normal to Dry

Physicians Formula Eye Makeup Remover Lotion Normal to Dry

3.4

Water, mineral oil, petrolatum, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, ceteareth-20 glycerin, lanolin alcohol, PEG-20 sorbitol, benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben,ehthylparaben, blue 1.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is one of the three I recommend to try if you have such ultra sensitive eyes you can't tolerate using anything from the store, high or low end.

After Avon changed the formula of their eye makeup remover 15 years ago I went through at least 50 of so many irritating "sensitive" removers I was nearly ready to give up. For years all I could use was Olive Oil on a wet cotton pad - effective but a bit messy and leaves a residue. Then I tried MAKE UP FOR EVER Sens’Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser. Sens'Eyes is AMAZING, very effective and soothes my eyes as well. Nice pump packaging. But I could only get it from Sephora in the US and it is pricey. Then I found Shiseido Moisture Mist Eye Make Up Remover locally. Its very good at removal and leaves a non-greasy, silky after feel. Nice screw top squeezy bottle. But the Moisture Mist is still around the same price as the Sens'Eyes.

So I tried this Physicians Formula one. Like the other two, PF is a light cream you massage in then wipe off with a soft damp cloth or damp cotton ball. But takes way more rubbing than the others and only removes light day makeup. With heavier pigmented bright or dark shadows and some mascaras I have to cleanse twice. Even then it leaves a faint stain and some residue on the skin which makes me look tired and need more concealer the next morning. If some gets in my eyes it doesn't sting but it does make my vision blurry for several minutes.

Also, its half the price of the others but the packaging and poor shelf life means you waste probably half a bottle each time. So its no cheaper just more annoying. With the packaging too much comes out so alot is wasted each time. The cap doesn't close properly, so it leaks if it accidentally tips over or if you travel, forget it. It goes everywhere in your bag. Also the shelf life isn't the best. I've had several and both have started to change consistency at around 8 - 10 months, so if you aren't using everyday it has to be thrown out. No repurchase.

on 8/27/2014 3:38:00 PM

In the past I've used oils like almond, Vitamin E, jojoba and avocado to remove my eye make-up. The Vitamin E irritated my eyes so I stopped using it (a somewhat common problem from what I've read). The others did a decent job removing mascara but I felt like I wasn't getting all the oil removed from my eye area.

A recent eye infection caused me to stop wearing all make-up until it cleared up. Once I began wearing makeup again, I wanted to make sure I removed all of it leaving no residue behind. I found some reviews for Physicians Formula which indicated it was a gentle yet thorough make up remover. Exactly what I was looking for.

The formula is lotion like, lighter than a cold cream. I apply it directly to my lashes & lids, massaging it in gently. It is gentle and has not irritated my eyes. It does seem to remove the make-up though I feel like I'm working at it a little harder than I should have to. Washing my face after removes any lingering traces.

It's an adequate remover but not HG for me. No eye irritation is important and it did fulfill that promise. Next I plan to try coconut oil as a remover and see how it works. So I'm still looking for something better and don't plan to repurchase at this time.

on 1/26/2013 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've used this lotion eye makeup remover all over my face to remove makeup prior to cleansing. I massaged in gently with my fingertips and remove with a damp washcloth or a tissue. Makeup comes off easily and quickly and my skin doesn't feel dry. I prefer the oil and water makeup remover, so I no longer use this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't my favorite eye makeup removal product but it certainly has its place in my makeup bag for good reason. It's great for travel. Since it's a lotion it does take a little light rubbing into to completely loosen all of my waterproof mascara but it does the job without any irritation. Even better it's smaller than most bottles so it fits nicely in my bag, doesn't dry out like makeup removal pads and doesn't leak like liquid eye makeup remover which for me is important since I travel a lot. The price is nice too!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for years. The only product I've found that works!! It is a light cream, not greasy and removes makeup easily. I don't understand the reviews that say it doesn't work, perhaps they are not using it correctly.
I put a dime sized amount on my finger, and gently rub over my eye area (with my eyes closed) it is very creamy and dissolves the makeup instantly, then gently wipe off with a wet cotton swab. If you don't find it is working, you may not be using enough. I LOVE this stuff, it can be sometimes hard to find, but usually can get at Target or CVS.

on 9/17/2013 7:37:00 PM

This is my first time using a lotion-based eye make-up remover

Pros: removed my water-proof mascara decently without drying out the skin around my eyes

Cons: took a while to remove all the eye make up off. still smudges left after using this and washing my face, after closing the dispenser top some product always is left on the edge of the closing, stung my eyes just a bit

on 9/17/2010 8:32:00 PM

This is a nice creamy lotion that is non-irritating to the eye area. Everyone thinks you need to rub, you do not. Put the lotion on the eye area, gently move it around and wipe off with a tissue. I use the dry/normal formula which removes waterproof mascara easily and cleanly. Does not leave the area feeling dried out either. At times it is difficult to find, but most Targets do carry it in the bottle.

on 11/9/2011 5:29:00 AM

I have used this product for years and years and it was always my favorite. I tried other forms of eye makeup remover and lots of other companies but none could do the job like this could. I couldn't find it where I was living for awhile and so I ended up just using baseline, which works well to remove but it leaves a greasy residue that can be hard to remove. I'm so glad I remembered how great this is and I am able to find it again. As my usual nighttime sincere routine I use this first to remove all of my eye makeup and then wash my face to get it all off. It removes every last trace of mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow with ease. I do not, however, wear waterproof mascara and so I can't say how well it would remove that.... But I'm pretty sure waterproof mascara wearers are well aware and used to the fact that they need a particular eye makeup remover. Anyway, this is something I can see myself buying for the rest of my life, as long as they keep making it and I don't find anything better. It removes eye makeup better than neutrogena, MAC cleanse off oil, coconut oil, etc. Etc. Etc. Oh and it costs something like $5, so what can top that?

on 7/29/2011 4:18:00 PM

This is not removing my waterproof mascara. I rub and rub, but it doesn't all come off and in the morning I have black smudges under my eyes.

Received this free at target with a $5 off coupon I had from Physicians Formula.... and let me tell you, if I didn't have the coupon I would have not bought it in the first place. First of all, its only 2 oz for almost $5? I can definitely find a cheaper alternative than this with more product, BUT since I did receive it for free, why not try it, right? Well I didn't think it would be bad because I typically use regular moisturizers or body lotion to remove my makeup. Honestly this crap sucks. It burned my eyes *I thought I was going to go blind, LOL just joking, but seriously* It was very irritating. While I removed it, it took "some" makeup off but definitely not everything. I ended up washing my face with water and a cleanser and just used makeup wipes. I would not recommend it. I'm glad I didn't waste a penny on it and was able to try it for free !