4.4

$19.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

9 days ago

The color of this lipstick is gorgeous! The absolute perfect poison apple red. It has a bit of a cool tone to it so it's perfect for blondes but it also looks good on warmer complexions. A tiny bit of shimmer but nothing alarming. The only thing is it tends to go on a little dry. But it doesn't dry out your lips, it just lasts. Hard to explain. A very good formula. Doesn't smear or smudge either. I love it And with a monochromatic look like a red eye shadow and a red blush, and maybe a red outfit you'll really be making a statement. Also I like to use it as blush. And it comes in a travel size if you don't know if your ready to commit to the color. MAC always has free ship and check out their recycling program! FREEBIES.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

2.0

17 days ago

Super disappointed with this lipstick - such a shame because it is a beautiful true red! Bought it on impulse after reading great reviews. It's hard to get on, it bleeds and comes off on everything - there is no staying power at all. I have tried so many other red matte lippies from Estee, YSL, Clinique, Chanel etc and I must say, this "retro" version of the Mac Matte lipstick is such a let down. Compared to the other matte ranges from Mac that I have tried, this is particularly drying and lasts the least and transfers on everything!

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

a month ago

The colour is beautiful and lasting but a little too dry.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

a month ago

The best red EVER. Period.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

2 months ago

Beautiful saturated red that will make your teeth even whiter, no orange no blue, just pure red. The formula is terrible though,you literally have to drag it on your lips. Best tecnique is to use a brush to roughly apply a first coat, blot and then go straight from the bullet. That way it won't leave a dreaded middle patch in the centre of your lips if you plan to wear it for a meal. It's great, it's a classic and it's been around forever but I feel the new reds by Lisa Eldridge are far better.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

3 months ago

Famous for being dry. It's so dry I can't drag it on my lips. The color is supposed to be a universal red and it's a true red (I think it tends to blue red) and matte. Honestly, this is for the young and sleek. I don't have wrinkled lips but they aren't like they were when I was 20 when they were freakin' fabulous. Well, you can wear it any age if you adjust application: balm, brush, lip liner. A must unless you are a sylphe-like nymph in your early youth. It will not "yellow cast" your teeth. Above all do not get the mini. Even drier, if that's possible. Not for me.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 months ago

I was a bit apprehensive when I bought Ruby Woo, because it feels so dry. As you all know, the color is sensational, you will not find a dupe. It is very difficult to apply (hence 4 and not 5 stars). However, strangely enough, it does not dry my lips, it felt comfortable all day and believe me my lips are very dry and dehydrated, even some lip salves make them dry! Maybe there is an ingredient which soothes my lips. I know it contains vitamin E (tocopherol). The color is a true red, not orange, nor pink based, the perfect balance. I think the color would suit any skin tone; mine is similar to NC20-25, but more neutral. I line my lips first (with Chanel Scarlet) because mistakes are very difficult to correct. Now I would like somebody to tell me which blush color I should wear. Answers, please!

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

9 months ago

The colour is perfection but the consistency is the worst I have ever encountered. I tried everything to make this work but it balls up and flakes off leaving a patchy mess.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

9 months ago

Okay this has to be one of the best reds out there as I've not seen it on one skin tone that it hasnt matched. Also it is so long lasting especially if you wear the lip liner with it. I have always received compliments whenever I've worn it.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

a year ago

I dont really love this one. But i actually think it is because of my skin tone maybe as i love it on others sometimes. It also is a little stif when applied so i have to use a balm to make it spread. Not moisturizing as well.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24