4.4

$19.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

a perfect red lipstick for everyone i think it looks good on any skin tone as long as you feel confident when use it very opaque and not drying

About reviewer (117 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

you just wanna have this red lipstick and you gonna be very sexy with juicy lips and sooo matte finish which is too difficult to find!very nice mac!!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3.0

2 years ago

Ahh Ruby Woo, you were my biggest lipstick disapointment- ever. First off I love, love the color. RED, period. Maybe THE perfect red. Not to dark, not to bright, no pink tones, no orange tones. However, this is just way to dry for me. Now, I have no fear of matte lips. I only wear matte red lips but no matter what I do I cannot get Ruby Woo to work. For me Its hard to apply and within an hour its just peeling, chipping, crumbling and fading in the center of my lips and it is impossible to reapply evenly. So jealous of all you ladies who can get this work because Ruby Woo truly is a beautiful red.

About reviewer (176 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Even though I constantly am trying new reds from different brands, I always go back to Ruby Woo. Perfect matte classic red, very flattering on my NW18 skin . The only thing I don't like is how drying it is in the tube , which makes it slightly hard to apply since it doesn't glide on as smooth as I would like.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

1.0

2 years ago

I... really don't get the hype here. I truly tried to make it work. The formula is treacherous, pigmentation is okay at best, and the color has those drugstore magenta undertones. On me (NC40 muted cool yellow olive), it's not very bright and it's super pinky. I don't really have dry lips, but it just crumbles off and fades after a few hours. There are much better vintage reds out there imo. I respect Ruby Woo for being the OG, but it just falls flat for me. I'm super picky with my reds, though. For a BRIGHT matte midtone red, I prefer Stila Beso/Sephora Always Red (they're the same thing, trust me lol), though my favorite old Hollywood red is Bite Gazpacho (has an amazing blue patent finish and is ultra pigmented).

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

Beautiful. Classic. Timeless. If you're thinking about buying it for the first time, you will not regret it. I have actually bought a few of my friends this lipstick as a gift- they all have different skin tones and it looks stunning on all of them. A must-have lipstick.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

from

3 years ago

Wow! I probably never would have looked twice at this particular lipstick in the store, but discovered why it is so coveted after receiving a sample card of approximately 6 mac lipstick bubbles in the mail. That was truly brilliant marketing because I am now obsessed with this stuff and will buy it the second I find it on sale. I usually shy away from reds and would ordinarily have been attracted to the more subtle and subdued shades on the card, but they turned out to wash me out and weren't at all flattering; meanwhile, this unlikely winner looked absolutely gorgeous on my pale redhead complexion, brightened me up even without a stitch of other makeup (in fact, it's exactly the kind of lipstick you want to wear w/ an otherwise bare face), and provided polish without being at all garish. Since it was a tiny sample and I tried it on under unusual circumstances, I can't really speak for the texture or wear; however, the color is so amazing that it's almost irrelevant. I'm officially in love! Update: I have discovered that this may be a tad brighter than I am comfortable with and the MAC Chili mini I managed to snag on sale is much more wearable. However, for a special occasion or retro look, the classic red matte lipstick by NYX is identical to Ruby Woo & is also less than half the price.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesGray

3.0

3 years ago

Most wanted and hyped lipstick of the era. So how can I miss this lipstick. It looks beautiful on my tiny little lips, I am between NC35-40 but honestly russian red looks more flattering on me. I like the pigmentation and it stays for about 6-7 hours. Finish is retro matte which is quite drying so you need to prep your lips before using the product. Next time I would like to go for their Russian red.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I absolutely adore this classic! I don't wear red very often, but when I'm looking for that statement lip I reach for Ruby Woo every time. I can wear it with just a little mascara and eyeliner and instantly feel dramatically glam. It looks amazing just finger smudged onto the lip for a casual stained look too. HG status for sure! ????????

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

3 years ago

Hands down the most flattering gorgeous red lipstick ever!!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure