4.4

$19.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

Every time I wear this lipstick i feel instantly feminine, beautiful and dressed up even when i'm wearing old jeans and a tee my favorite way to wear it. The hype for once is well deserved. Plus using this with a red lip liner underneath it lasts through an entire day of work. Love it and it's going to be part of my collection always

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

2 years ago

ok, had to try it out. I heard it was drying, but I bought it anyway. I use some balm under it, but it still drys. it dry's in patches too. the color is ok. classic pinup red, but I think I can find better and more comfortable lipsticks out there.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

MAC Ruby Woo is from the retro matte collection. I love matte lipsticks and this is the perfect red color for every skin tone. I always wanted to buy a red lipstick that would suit my skin tone but I always ended up in buying the wrong one which i would hardly use once or twice. And that is the reason today i have so many red lipsticks in my stash. How was i introduced to Mac ruby woo? One of my friend told me about the lipstick, after which i did quite a research over the internet and found good reviews and ratings. I then decided to buy this product. Packaging - Black packaging that looks bold and is the typical MAC brand package. Texture - The formula is very smooth and the lipstick has a pleasant odor. Color - Richly pigmented and stays on for quite long hours. It gives the perfect matte finish on the lips. Although it is a bit drying to the lips. But then that can be manged if you moisturize and exfoliate your lips properly prior to the application of the lipstick. It is the queen of all the red lipsticks as it stands out because of its unique red color. I believe anybody who has used it once will definitely repurchase the lipstick. Check the link below for more description. <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fobaq2BWvrI"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fobaq2BWvrI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

2 years ago

I found the colour to have a &quot;neon&quot; (?) hue when applied alone, so I use a lip pencil to deepen it up a little. Will make your lips look smaller. Your lips have to be on the perfect state before application, though after a few hours they will feel dry. I think this would look best on fair skin tones or to people with very pigmented lips.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

This is a cult classic because it really is good. But if you don't like matte lips then you wouldn't like ruby woo because she is very drying. a classic deep red according to your skin tone. great to wear on a night out. I love this and I'm not a huge fan of red lipsticks. But this is perf for me. I think it'll suit any skin tone. A must for any lipstick junkie.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

1.0

2 years ago

I'm NC50 shade (shade of Tootsie Rolls). I bought this and returned it. It was extremely drying for my already dry lips. L'Oreal 410 Volcanic is extremely similar to MACs shade. It pops, is highly pigmented but leaves your lips moisturized with no lip pencil or anything else needed.

About reviewer (385 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

2 years ago

This red really makes a statement since it is so bright and matte. What sets this apart from other red lipsticks is it’s matteness, which also makes it a pain to apply. It’s extremely dry and not creamy but once I get it on it the lips it feels weightless and doesn’t make my lips look or feel dry at all, unlike every liquid lipstick I’ve tried. I always use a lipliner because of the application difficulty. I prefer it for special occasions. I prefer viva glam 1 for everyday wear and also find it more flattering on my medium olive skin. I really like this lipstick and it will last me ages since it’s so pigmented and long lasting so I don’t think I’ll be repurchasing anytime soon.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

from

2 years ago

I love this colour, it’s so iconic and everyone guesses that it’s ruby woo but goodness this lipstick is such hard work! It’s a bit too matte and really drags going on, you have to be very slow and careful. Your lips also need to be in tip top condition to get away with it otherwise it looks awful, it clings badly to any dry, chapped bits. You also need a liner with it too. If I didn’t love the colour so much then I wouldn’t bother myself!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

If anyone ever asked me what red lipstick they should buy, I never fail to say MAC RUBY WOO!! Best red lipstick one ever have. I’m addicted to it! ❤️

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

2 years ago

This is a beautiful color and good formula -- but by no means effortless. I first purchased Ruby Woo looking for another classic red lip that I could just swipe on whenever-wherever, so I was disappointed when this dry, fully matte formula didn't quite go on my lips all buttery like some of my other favorite lipsticks. If you're looking for an easy red lip, Ruby Woo might be unnecessarily difficult. I thought it was, at first. In my case, though, the red was such beautiful color that I didn't want to give up on it. Color-wise, the red of Ruby Woo is pretty universal. It wears bright on my skin. The shade of red brings out the best of many different complexions. Ruby Woo is also great to wear with minimal makeup in the summer -- just some feathered brows, light mascara, and sheerly applied base makeup. Since it's so matte, I combine it with dewy skin and always use lightweight and liquid products for the rest of my look. TECHNIQUE Depending on how it's applied, Ruby Woo can last a long while with just one or two retouches throughout the day. I always start by moisturizing my lips thoroughly and blotting with tissue paper so only the right amount of moisture remains. If properly moisturized, the bullet can apply with minimal tugging and deposit the right amount of pigment. I apply a generous amount of lipstick to the center of my lips (not focusing on precision) and then I take my ring finger and blot the color outwards to cover all of my lips, including edges and corners. Then, I take a firm q-tip with a tiny bit of micellar water and gently clean up anything that smudged too far out. The overall effect is a blotted, diffused, puffy look that's fully matte. You can certainly get a really clean, dramatic edge with a lip brush, but I have other lipsticks I like better for that. For the Ruby Woo, I prefer blotted and a tiny bit smudgy. After initial application, I always carry the lipstick with me and bring a lip balm that's not too wet (I prefer Carmex or Nuxe). The overall staying power of Ruby Woo is strong, so any wear tends to come from the center of the lips as I eat or drink. Thankfully, the edges remain super intact, and retouching the center is easy as long as I have a compact mirror on hand. Using a corner of my mirror, I'll blend a little bit of balm and lipstick until the heat of my finger has warmed up the mixture slightly. Then, with dabbing motions, I'll apply the mixture directly where the lipstick has warmed off and then take a couple of seconds to press the lipstick with my fingers in so that the new application blends in with everything else. Voila.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral