Bonne Bell Lip Smackers

Bonne Bell Lip Smackers

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil (Castor), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Acetate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax (Candelilla), Flavor, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Sesame Seed), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnuba), Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Mica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Stearic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, May Contain (+/-):, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium (CI 15850), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 5/3/2016 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like these ive overlooked them before because I always thought they were for kids but these aren't just a balm they are a gloss and a good one at that. They make the lips appear fuller and others have noticed this as well and lately I have ditched my lipsticks for these. I don't like some flavors such as dr pepper and ice cream sandwich and cotton candy is pretty gross but the strawberry and bubble gum are the best although ive noticed with strawberry and watermelon the texture of those melts easily and Its different textured than some of the others so I wont repurchase any fruity ones but i want to stock up on bubble gum and the chocolate mint.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Lip Smackers are my favorite lip balm so far. I tried Labello and Nivea lip balms, but after using them for a couple of weeks my lips just turned dry. I guess those brands use a lot of paraffine in their balm. The more I used them the drier my lips became.

LS have never turned my lips dry. They even helped with the dryness caused by the other lip balms. It's a ridiculous thing to say, but Lip Smackers might just be my holy grail of lip balms.

I always get the 8-pack consisting of mostly fruity flavors plus a vanilla and cotton candy balm. They're pretty expensive and hard to get here in Europe... but I will always find a way to get them... gosh, I must have used about 20 of these lip balms in the past four years or so... I have one in my car, one at my boyfriends place and a ton of them at home.

To Read all 559 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been a fan of these balms since childhood, so it's hard to rate them poorly (obviously I keep buying them!) However, I've either become so picky from having a huge lip care collection or they just aren't as good anymore. They still moisturize my lips just fine, but the scents on some of the novelty type collections are hit or miss. I've now learned to stick with original flavors or fruity ones, the cake ones or anything chocolate all smells too fake to me. I guess the price is okay, but since I find sets on clearance all the time I stick with those.

I still like the packaging and I think these are a good way to get me to use lip balm more often. I make sure there is a tube around me at all times and the nice scents are a great incentive. Even the scents that are a little off get used, but my favorite scents are always saved for my nightstand. I apply one every night before sleep and I never have chapped lips anymore. For the record, I have at least 20+ other balms that all do the same thing- but these are the ones I gravitate towards. The variety in scents/flavors is worth a few duds.

This is my all-time favorite brand of flavored lip gloss! I started using them as a little girl, when the cosmic line was still around. I remember feeling cool while using the Berry Heavenly flavor, and applying a lot of the Dr. Pepper flavor because it gives your lips some tint, and I still miss the scent of the Blueberries n Cream flavor that came in a clear tube with a keychain.

I started collecting Lip Smackers when I was 13 years old. I've always had a thing for any sort of cosmetics you apply on your lips (even lipstick), and I felt great having them in so many fun flavors. For years and years, I've gone on many Lip Smacker hunts trying to find the latest collection or a flavor I had a hard time finding, or get multiples of flavors I really like. I even organize them by collection and how many I have! It's kind of a silly hobby, but it's not a very expensive one. There's bound to be a few sold at discount and dollar stores, which I recommend buying at those places if you've never tried this brand before.

When it comes to moisturization, most Lip Smackers do pretty well. The most drying ones I've used are the squeezy ones, and the most moisturizing seem to be the original flavors. The packaging of these can be a hit or miss, depending on if you prefer a certain kind (I know not everyone wants Disney characters on their lip balms), but most of them are pretty cute.

Also, this brand is now owned by Markwins Beauty, so the flavors and collections may change. I know there's some flavors whose formulas aren't as good as they used to be, so please be aware that they may not smell exactly like you remembered them. I'm still disappointed that Dr. Pepper doesn't smell good anymore.

on 7/30/2015 10:57:00 AM

Bonne Bell sold the company earlier this year and they changed the formula to the Dr. Pepper Lipsmacker and it also burned my lips and it feels like oil.

All of the lip smackers are cute and smell good but they are wayyyy too waxy and too much product comes off when you use it.

on 3/14/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These are my guilty pleasure. They are actually not a bad balm, they have very good glide and give your lips a good slip. Maybe not the greatest if you have really dry lips or in the middle of winter, but you can do a lot worse. You could certainly spend more.

The flavored and scents are the whole point. Dr. Pepper is my fave, but I also like strawberry, watermelon, vanilla, cotton candy, pink lemonade and the other soda flavors. I do miss some of the older flavors. I sincerely hope that they don't change the formula after the sale. I feel dumb sometimes with the packaging when I pull it out of my purse, but hey, the 90s are coming back. So it is just vintage!

Hello fellow MUA members :) I will write my favorite flavours of Lip Smackers; I am sad they r being sold to another company:( but here goes to my tried and true scents lol:

Peppermint; Candy Cane; Ribbon Candy; Red Raspberry; Cherry; Cherry Starburst; Cherry Snowcone; Cherry Cream Soda; Dr Pepper; Dr Pepper Cherry; Cherry Coke; Black Cherry Vanilla Coke; Black Cherry; Vanilla; Red Raspberry; Pink Lemonade; Frozen Lemonade; Glistening Cherry Glaze; Berry Slush; Banana; Sour Grapes; Grape Jelly; Peach; Guava; Papaya.; Red Licorice; Lollipop, Vanilla Malt Shake

I love Lip Smacker! I use it sometimes as a base under lipstick, by itself, or over matte lipstick to get that glossy look. I have so many favourite flavours, it would be hard for me to list them all. When I started using lip smackers, my lips were peeling, chapped, dry, cracked and bleeding. And (seriously) after one day of heavy use of my lip smackers, my lips were COMPLETELY HEALED! SOFT AND SILKY! This stuff is better than ANY lip balm I've ever used! And of course, the wonderful scents and flavours are a HUGE bonus! As a kid I collected them all, as an adult... Well, I still do! Thanks for reading my review.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Lipsmackers strike a good balance between oily and waxy so they go on smoothly and stay on for a decent amount of time. I'm not crazy about the flavoring since I feel like it encourages me to lick my lips, therefore chapping them and necessitating more balm. However, now that I'm older licking my lips is not a problem for me and I can appreciate that Lipsmackers are a solid well-priced product that does the job. Even though the scent is a big draw, it usually isn't too overwhelming that other people at a casual conversation distance will be distracted or comment which I appreciate.

Overall, a fun and good value product that works however there is the drawback of some white residue at the corner of the mouth on some occasions.I can't say I will personally be repurchasing because there are other products I prefer but Lipsmackers are a decent product.