Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color
image 1image 2image 3

3.3

on 3/13/2016 10:20:00 PM

I personally do not like this Brand even though the packaging looks great the color does not stay for long it washes out too quickly and you constantly have to keep coloring it to hold its color. Not a fan at all. Oh and don't get me started on the smell it is horrible for those with sensitive eyes and sensitive this is not for you or anybody really. Its awful .

on 3/7/2016 10:17:00 PM

I've been dying my hair for 6 years now and spent the past 2 dying it blonde from my natural shade of light brown. I used this dye in what I believe is shade 10.0 (ultra light natural blonde possibly?) and I can say it may be the only dye that manages to cover my roots and blend them in with the rest of my hair.

I've used other dyes such as garnier olia and Schwarzkopf both of which were useless with lightening my roots, particularly the olia which made no difference and left me with 3 month grown out roots to leave to settle before I felt it was okay to dye again.

The strong formula is its own worst enemy though as the smell and burning are rather off putting. I had to leave the room at one point as the smell was becoming unbearable and making my eyes run, also my neck began to feel a little sore from excess product. If you can deal with this then the dye it's perfect at doing its job, but I wouldn't recommend for very sensitive skin!

To Read all 165 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/25/2015 8:39:00 AM

I've tried so many boxed dyes and I can honestly say this is by far the worst. I bought this product because I needed a colour to tone down my brassy hair and it was the only ash blonde colour I could find at the time. First thing I noticed was that it had the strongest smell I've ever experienced with hair dye, I couldn't breathe because it was burning my nose and I dread thinking of all the harmful chemicals I inhaled. The instructions did mention needing a well ventilated room but you can't escape the chemicals when they're on your scalp.
The next thing I noticed was that the product was too thin. Most dyes I've used mix a creme formulated colour with the developer while this dye had a liquid colour which I assume was the culprit for the messy application.
Lastly, it burned. I've never experienced a hair dye that burned, my hair's pretty strong and it can take a lot but my skin is another matter. So when I applied this product I didn't expect the tops of my ears to feel like they'd been deep fried. I always apply a layer of vaseline or paw paw ointment to product my skin but this dye was relentless and melted through that protective barrier. My ears now have mild chemical burns and it's awful, thankfully my scalp is fine because I don't know how I would have been able to cope with that.
To top it all off this colour didn't change my hair colour much at all and it could be because my hair was too brassy but I'm betting it was mostly due to the product.
Definitely do not recommend, there's so many other products out there which are miles better and this is the first and last time I'm purchasing Nice n Easy.

on 1/5/2015 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Aboutley horrible. Smells disgusting and my eyes were so watery I couldn't see. First batch I bought was the wrong colour- nearly dyed my hair brown! I bought a second batch of ash blonde and it didn't cover my light blonde and changed my green streaks a manky purple grey colour.

on 1/3/2015 3:11:00 AM

NOPE. Did not like this product at all. First it is the horrible ammonia chemical smell which fills the whole room with the scent when applying, it's strong enough to make your eyes water, and how it also lingers on your hair even after washing. This product simply did not last at all, I have yellowy/ dark blonde hair which is lighter at the ends and naturally a light brown at the roots and brought it in a medium brown shade, and after about 2 weeks, it washed out to a tinted orange/ copper shade, it simply did not last and it was permanent, not to mention I now have a regrowth - proof that the colour did last, it only tinted my hair lightly - did not last anywhere near the 6-8 week permanent claim. I now have wasted $15 on a bad product, and I now have red/ copper hair. :\

on 12/31/2014 6:28:00 PM

The situation: light/med brown hair roots with red, blonde highlights that cost 150 bucks. Desired: blended roots with top of highlights, while keeping the 'tones' of the highlights.
So I have had a strong reaction as a burning scalp to Nice and Easy dyes (also fructis) and I have stayed away. Saw this on clearance at Walmart in a 2 pack for 9 bucks and since Im a little poor after the holidays, I thought I'd try it, for at most 15 min. Also, i hadn't washed my hair for 2 days to hopefully not burn again. So this afternoon, I used 2 boxes of 118A, neutral medium brown for my below shoulder average thickness hair. One bottle for just roots, starting in back, working up to part and temples. So impressed with the 'staining' of the color- be careful as it could discolor your vanity. However, it truly stunk- and on New Years Eve in winter, opening windows was necessary. The burn? Yep. Still has it for me. It started as a tingle, then it literally hurt. After leaving it on for 10, I pulled it through for 5 and jumped in the shower. The hair dye was rich and creamy and took a while to rinse out. (I bet most browns do against a white tub) but after the rinsing and color care conditioner, I was done. So surprised at how happy I am. Truly, truly surprised. The ends of the highlights are toned down, the roots are beautifully blended, I still have dimesion. No green, no brass, no hot roots, just great! 9 bucks vs 150 and 30 min vs 4 hrs? Win win. I xan live with the burn for 15 min for the results.

I'm constantly battling resistant greys, hot roots and my porous ends mean I have to be very careful with home colouring. My main concern is with evening out my overall dark brown colour without brassiness or black ends. I am normally happy with most of the L'oreal Preference dark brown shades but in the last few months I've instead opted for Nice n' Easy permanent in Medium Cool Brown or just plain old Medium Brown as I've used and been happy with the 24 washes version (though it only lasts 7 on me) and I figured if I don't leave the permanent version on too long although it will just blend in my greys rather than covering them completely, it won't give me hot roots or black ends. For a touch-up on greys you have to leave it on approx. 35 mins; for first-time colour on greys you leave it on for 45 mins. I opted to do my most visible greys first - temples and parting - then the rest of my roots except for the mid-lengths/ends which I left untouched until the final 10/5 mins; overall dyeing time 25/30 mins. This dye contains ammonia and stinks to high heaven. Hell, the first time I used it, it made my eyes smart, plus it burns the scalp more the longer you leave it on (afterwards I use some Aveda Scalp Remedy which always relieves any post-dye discomfort). I have armpit length hair and one box is just enough, although my hair is not thick. A colour deposit conditioner is supplied which I'm not too impressed with, having used the brilliant non-colour deposit ones supplied with the 24 washes, Preference and Colorsilk (C'silk's a dreadful dye though). The dye is fairly easy to wash out but the first time I realised I desperately needed a protein treatment as my hair absorbed water like a sponge afterwards, so I did an Aphogee treatment after a couple of days. Ever since that first use, I've been applying it mixed with an intensive conditioner on dyeing day and in between using protein treatments, intensive conditioner and oils. But on the days I dye, it always feels soft and looks shiny regardless. Many of my greys poke through again within two weeks but because I've suffered damage from over-dyeing in the past I use the Nice n' Easy every 5/6 weeks and in between I apply Adore Plus in a rich dark brown shade to jazz it up a bit. By the 4-week stage I'm desperate to cover my emerging greys properly rather than just blending them in, but bombarding my hair with vegetable dye and color deposit shampoo and conditioner helps me stretch out my dyeing sessions. Overall, a very good dye at a great price that suits my needs and has many more dark brown shades than Preference, albeit slightly less fashionable.

on 11/3/2014 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Color pretty true to package. I've been coloring my hair at home since 6th grade. I'm now 65 yrs. old. I have been to the salon over the years for highlights..lowlights...all over color..you name it. But I always resort to buying a box of hair color off the shelf at the drugstore a majority of the time. I just had low-lights put in 3 days ago at a well known salon. And although I CLEARLY stated that I wanted no red-gold effects as my hair pulls brass like crazy, I ended up with a very brassy look (even tho she said she used neutrals). My hair looked like a doll's dynell wig. I left politely...went right to Walgreens and bought a box of Nice'nEasy 8/103 Natural Medium Neutral Blonde. I've used this before and had faith that it would not damage my hair nor would it react to the low lights that were just put in. I couldn't be happier. Hair looks very healthy and bouncy and the shade is great. Not too yellow...not orange/red brassy. Whew! Can't beat the old "tried and true". BTW...great for covering up the grey.

I had been looking for the best black hair dye for so many years of my life, most of them faded to a gross brown after just a week, or even sometimes the day after dying it. I finally decided to try one last time and I bought Nice N Easy Natural Blue-Black 2BB/124, on a whim. I noticed right away it didn't have such a strong smell while dying and setting, when I shampooed it also didn't fade the color. Yes, dye did come out for about 3 days after but I never noticed a change in richness whatsoever which was very shocking in comparative to my previous experiences. After about 2 months you do notice a fade, but it's not drastic. My hair grows out naturally grey (i'm only 24), but it still stays vibrant for a very long time. This also shows no traces of blue, which I found other blue-blacks did. I've never tried any another color in this line, but this shade is a miracle.

on 9/21/2014 2:44:00 PM

I have been using a different brand consistently for over 10 years, a brand which is considerably cheaper but I couldn't find my usual color in any local store, so I found a similar color in Clairol's Nice n Easy. Not that I think that Nice n Easy is expensive, but I use 2 boxes because I have thick hair. I'd pay twice as much if I were happy with it. My complaint isn't in the end results, which were fine, no better or worse than the brand I usually use. My complaint is the god awful strong smell. Honestly, I thought I would pass out from the overwhelming chemical smell. Before I even put it in my hair, tears were rolling down my face and my throat was burning. By the time I was finished applying it, I was holding down vomit. Never ever again will I touch this stuff. Even if the end result had been a thousand times better than my usual brand, I would never put myself through this again!!!! If you are going to use this, please be sure it's in a bathroom that has windows, and open them even if it's the middle of winter. Consider yourself warned!!!