Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color
Nice 'n Easy Hair ColorNice 'n Easy Hair ColorNice 'n Easy Hair Color

3.3

on 1/30/2018 10:41:00 AM

This review is for the new formula Natural Looking Nice n Easy hair color, in medium brown 5. My hair was salon colored with a very light brown and lots of highlights. It looked brassy and dry. I was tired of it. It’s been this way before and occasionally I have tried to go back to my natural color, which is medium to dark brown. The problem has been that my hair is so porous, it soaked up too much dye and would look dull and black. Black is horrible for my skin tone! I read some excellent reviews for this new formula and decided to give it a shot. So glad I did!! It turned out perfectly. Maybe just a tad darker than the shade on the box, but not much. I love the tone and my hair looks shiny and feels really soft. I would definitely recommend this hair color and I will be using it, again. I bought it at Target, on sale, for $6.99. Great value!

on 12/27/2017 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Color: 4 / 120, Natural Dark Brown I vowed to never repurchase Féria hair dye because the smell while the dye was sitting on my hair was so awful. I understand that hair dye is full of bad chemicals, but do they need to stink that badly?! Clearly Clairol figured this out because Nice ‘N Easy is not only full of make you choke and gag while your eyes water stinky chemical smell, but also a fake fruity (is that watermelon?) fragrance as well. It was awful while I was applying the dye, but was bearable while my hair was away from my face during waiting time. I can smell the fruity fragrance on the towel covering my hair right now, so it’s certainly not washing out easily. After combining the bottles, I began applying the color mixture. What was a beer color soon turned into indigo. I still have a little dye on my skin, but it’s not as bad as it looked at first glance. After my dye time was up, I rinsed the indigo out minus the spot on top of my head where there was a nest of hair that felt weird and didn’t want to untangle by itself despite being shampooed. Contemplating wearing a wig for New Years Eve, I added a golf ball sized glob of the enclosed CC Cream conditioner to my hair and successfully returned that spot to something resembling hair. My throat still hurts from this stuff and my eyes are still irritated. I bought this stuff because I thought it was what I used before my wedding. Must not have been the same dye! My gray hairs are covered, but my hair looks nothing like any of the images on the box. I’m looking forward to some of the blue washing out so it looks like more of a brown.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I did not have a bad experience with this at all. After dying my hair burgundy with another brand and not having the color show up, I decided to dye over it just plain black. I went with nice n' easy 2bb/124 Natural Blue Black. I really liked the result. I didn't experience a strong smell at all. It was really easy to use and not uncomfortable in any way. I love the color. Granted there really is no blue-ish tint in the black but I don't mind when all I wanted was just a true black. Lasting power is good on my hair. I'm going on a few weeks now and the color is still like when I first dyed it. I do use shampoo & conditioner for color treated hair to make sure the color doesn't go anywhere. Overall I really like this brand for hair dye. I'll be using it again.

on 6/13/2017 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used SB2 in the sunkissed line. Ultra light cool summer blonde. Great color came out, lightened my dark blonde roots great. Only issue is the smell of the color is ridiculous, it smells absolutely horrible. And the nice and easy color usually causes me some stinging on my head. But for the price and for the result it is worth it. Very nice product.

on 4/24/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have repurchased multiple times in dark brown or medium dark brown, normally ash or neutral. I am Asian, NC 30-35, with some grey roots. Yes, it smells of ammonia and there is a stinging sensation, but this does not damage my scalp. It also covers and converts the gray into a slightly lighter brown so I get the semblance of low lights. It's cheap and convenient.

I don't do the roots first. I wait out the extra (fourth) month and do the whole head. I find it fun and easy to DIY re cut -- various pony tail cut methods strung together), and have googled various hair websites to find different tips for color like changing times for the developer or ways to seal the cuticle with ACV etc etc. To be safe, you should of course follow the easy directions given in the box. I've never had a disaster or even a marginal experience, but I do feel that any DIY job has the potential to go awry. The next time I do it, I might try mixing only part of the dye and just doing roots. That's because the rest of my head still retains color after months. However, the majority of my hair is dark and the color change is not drastic. I have recently made sure to seal the hair cuticle, but even before that, the color lasted. My hair length ranges from. below the shoulders to the bra strap, and 3/4 of the box is ample for my whole head.

I am prone to hives and milia and this does not irritate my face or scalp. If I mistakenly get a smudge on my face, I just rub it off. For some reason, when I was searching for recommendations for a good home dye, I decided against L'Oréal and garnier products. Probably because some blogger at the time wrote those brands were harsh. If as I do, you prefer a cool brown, go with ash or neutral as all other browns seem to have reddish undertones. I love the tube of color seal conditioner that comes with the dye. I ration it out and use as a deep conditioner as needed. If it were available for separate purchase, I would buy it.

on 3/13/2016 10:20:00 PM

I personally do not like this Brand even though the packaging looks great the color does not stay for long it washes out too quickly and you constantly have to keep coloring it to hold its color. Not a fan at all. Oh and don't get me started on the smell it is horrible for those with sensitive eyes and sensitive this is not for you or anybody really. Its awful .

on 3/7/2016 10:17:00 PM

I've been dying my hair for 6 years now and spent the past 2 dying it blonde from my natural shade of light brown. I used this dye in what I believe is shade 10.0 (ultra light natural blonde possibly?) and I can say it may be the only dye that manages to cover my roots and blend them in with the rest of my hair.

I've used other dyes such as garnier olia and Schwarzkopf both of which were useless with lightening my roots, particularly the olia which made no difference and left me with 3 month grown out roots to leave to settle before I felt it was okay to dye again.

The strong formula is its own worst enemy though as the smell and burning are rather off putting. I had to leave the room at one point as the smell was becoming unbearable and making my eyes run, also my neck began to feel a little sore from excess product. If you can deal with this then the dye it's perfect at doing its job, but I wouldn't recommend for very sensitive skin!

on 2/25/2015 8:39:00 AM

I've tried so many boxed dyes and I can honestly say this is by far the worst. I bought this product because I needed a colour to tone down my brassy hair and it was the only ash blonde colour I could find at the time. First thing I noticed was that it had the strongest smell I've ever experienced with hair dye, I couldn't breathe because it was burning my nose and I dread thinking of all the harmful chemicals I inhaled. The instructions did mention needing a well ventilated room but you can't escape the chemicals when they're on your scalp.
The next thing I noticed was that the product was too thin. Most dyes I've used mix a creme formulated colour with the developer while this dye had a liquid colour which I assume was the culprit for the messy application.
Lastly, it burned. I've never experienced a hair dye that burned, my hair's pretty strong and it can take a lot but my skin is another matter. So when I applied this product I didn't expect the tops of my ears to feel like they'd been deep fried. I always apply a layer of vaseline or paw paw ointment to product my skin but this dye was relentless and melted through that protective barrier. My ears now have mild chemical burns and it's awful, thankfully my scalp is fine because I don't know how I would have been able to cope with that.
To top it all off this colour didn't change my hair colour much at all and it could be because my hair was too brassy but I'm betting it was mostly due to the product.
Definitely do not recommend, there's so many other products out there which are miles better and this is the first and last time I'm purchasing Nice n Easy.

on 1/5/2015 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Aboutley horrible. Smells disgusting and my eyes were so watery I couldn't see. First batch I bought was the wrong colour- nearly dyed my hair brown! I bought a second batch of ash blonde and it didn't cover my light blonde and changed my green streaks a manky purple grey colour.

on 1/3/2015 3:11:00 AM

NOPE. Did not like this product at all. First it is the horrible ammonia chemical smell which fills the whole room with the scent when applying, it's strong enough to make your eyes water, and how it also lingers on your hair even after washing. This product simply did not last at all, I have yellowy/ dark blonde hair which is lighter at the ends and naturally a light brown at the roots and brought it in a medium brown shade, and after about 2 weeks, it washed out to a tinted orange/ copper shade, it simply did not last and it was permanent, not to mention I now have a regrowth - proof that the colour did last, it only tinted my hair lightly - did not last anywhere near the 6-8 week permanent claim. I now have wasted $15 on a bad product, and I now have red/ copper hair. :\

Popular Hair Color Products