Colorful - Neutral Protein Filler

Colorful - Neutral Protein Filler
Results of Colorful Neutral Protein FillerA necessary step before coloring  <3

4.5

Aqua, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Wheat Oligosaccharides, Keratin Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadensis, Humulus Lupulus, Urtica Dioica, 1, 3, Bis(Hydroxymethyl)5, 5 Dimethylimidazolidine-2, 4 Dione, Methyl ester 4 Hydroxybenzoic Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Polysorbate-20, Parfum.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Nuetral protien filler is amazing I will not ever color without it again. I use red hair dye which fades fast. Since i started using nuetral protien filler color is amazing, color last longer, my hair looks and feels amazing, I get so many compliments. A few days before I color i thoroughly shampoo, no conditioner, and no other products. When it is time to color thoroughly brush, comb to ensure hair is tangle free, dampen hair and apply the protien filler, follow directions on the bottle od the protien filler, it's very, very important, directions are there for a reason. It list several different ways to use product, which ever method you choose, again follow directions on bottle I can't emphasize this enough. The preferred method I use is to saturate damp hair with the protien filler, I put the protien filler in spray bottle it's easier to apply, do not dilute product in spray bottle when using this method, dampen hair, apply protien filler make sure hair is evenly saturated with the protien filler, use a wide tooth tangle free comb to help evenly distribute, follow the directions, wait 20 minutes, do not rinse and color as usual . There is no need to blow dry or wait for hair to dry, before applying your color. Yes I apply color to my damp hair, the haircolor applies so much easier and I even use less haircolor for full coverage, then I put a shower cap or plastic wrap on hair after I apply the color, it keeps color from dripping all over and the heat created underneath cap or plastic wrap helps with color processing, when time is up I rinse out color with cool water until water is clear, that can take awhile but it's important to get all the excess color out, do not get impatient rinse until water is clear, then follow up with the conditioner included in your box dye or any conditioner designed for after haircolor treatment, I usually leave the conditioner on for as long as I can, then rinse out with cool water and results are spectacular. Wait at least 48 hours after coloring before you shampoo, the longer you wait to shampoo after coloring the better.

on 9/5/2016 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately it didn't work well for me. I have fine, straight hair that I've been dying blonde for about 3 years using high-lift box dyes. I've been trying to go back to brown, but found that no colour would stick to my hair anymore. I decided to try using a protein filler to see if it would make a difference. I put the product in a spray bottle mixed with a bit of water, evenly dampened my hair, and let it sit for 20 mins. I then added the brown dye over top and processed as usual. I will say that the brown had less greenish tones than when I had previously dyed it, but the colour still faded to about half after only 2 washes. I also didn't notice any difference in how healthy my hair felt. I guess I'll just have to grow out the damage!

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

A must have product for bleaching. I wouldn't dream of bleaching my nearly black hair without this. Follow the directions, and it's great. I also like to put some in a spray bottle, dilute it a bit with Roux Fanci-full White Minx rinse-in, and use it as a styling lotion when I blow dry. I also use it liberally during the bleach process. Mix a teaspoon in with your 2:1 mixture and you will have so much less breakage.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

im so disappointed,it didnt work for me, very very little,all the colour washed out. i used to be all sort of reds since im 15. recently i decided to go turquoise after violet,so used a lot of colour remover (which i faind more damagging for hair then bleach) and bleaching and now decided to go back to copper. my hair i damaged badly,but still not as bad as i would think after all it been through,but now colour DOESNT STAY IN. i will try second time,if it wont work,thats my last hope is gone. ;(

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have seen this product so many times at Sallys and have finally gotten around to trying it. 2015 has been a very bad year for my poor hair. I've been dying mg hair black for about 9 years now with the random mostly failed attempts at lightening my hair which is very brief since I have a lot of hair unfortunately each hair is very fine making it prone to breakage. Normally I get the itch to be a blonde pick up a box of color remover, freak out when my hair is glowing orange and quickly dye it black. This sounds totally insane but I'd say it was a normal occurance at least once a year and luckily my hair pulled through undamaged. Well, this year was different. I bleached the hell out of my hair completely wrecking it and losing 7 inches of length which was mortifying enough but after dying it back to black yet again I realized I really screwed up this time. I've done everything to try to bring it back to life and stop and breakage and tame the flyaways. After this fiasco I vowed nk more boxed dye which has made a huge improvement but I was still experiencing breakage. On a whim I picked this up while I was buying my hair color and I followed the directions on the package except I waited closer to 30 minutes opposed to the 20 minutes per the directions. This product did the unthinkable. My hair feels and looks absolutely amazing! Breakage has been reduced by at least 90%, those pesky flyaways are gone and my hair feels healthy and strong. I was not expecting anything like this but I'm so in love I've been recommending this to everyone and my mom loved it too. I am no newbie to protein treatments, aphogee became my bff during these past few months but product actually did what I expected aphogee to do. Will never be without this product

on 5/12/2015 5:14:00 PM

I first discovered this product a couple of summers ago, when I decided to do a full two process color and use ion Lavender Color Brilliance as my all over color after bleaching. I got the full bleach, but when I went to apply the ion, which I do full strength, I got a super blotchy turnout. My hair just wasn't grabbing color. So I went to Sally and the woman there told me to get this. I did, having a little difficulty with application because of the packaging. I put another round of ion Lavender CB in, and lo and behold, I got a great, all over, nicely shaded lavender. My hair felt great after and suffered very little damage from the two step process.

I have long, very straight, baby fine hair. Seriously fine, as in, I can use a fine - toothed comb on my entire head when its wet. Another use I've found for Protein Filler is (and this is where I learned that a spray bottle is a necessity with PF), and this will sound nuts, but I have really, really fine hair, and there's a lot of it, but it is like spiderwebs. Weird I know. But because of this, I've long searched for volumizing products and always had at least one issue with every product. This is my off label use for PF:

When I have a special event, and want my cobwebs to hold a certain style, I use it straight, undiluted, in a fine mist spray bottle. I comb it through, not soaking my hair, but making it visibly damp. Then I run my fingers through it to spread the PF. Then I let it dry. Then, I style it. Because the PF gives it structure and heft, my hair can hold a style better and for longer. When I wash it out, I've gotten a protein treatment along with my style.

This stuff is a great secret, I love it and I always have it on hand, so yes on the repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just don't get this product. I DON'T. and worse than it not working for me, it makes me feel dumb for not understanding why D:

I have used this both as a pre-treatment for coloring and mixing it directly with the dye. I've used the neutral and the red one back when I was a red head (or trying to be) and I saw no difference in the uptake of dye/longevity of dye.

This product's packaging is subpar because if you're not using it with your dye, you have to buy a spray bottle to ensure even application. Also, I don't like how it seems basically like water. No scent, it's only tinged with yellow...It's a very behind-the-scenes product, obviously.

I feel like for around the same price one can purchase Ion's Pre Color Treatment and get better results if just for the ease of application and pleasant scent. Not to mention you can buy it in one-use packets instead of a whole bottle if you're just curious.

all in all,
I would not repurchase this again, I saw now improvement in my coloring situation, and if I was going to buy a filler, I'd buy Ion's for the reasons listed above.

on 3/14/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product saved my bleached copper hair. I dyed it twice before this and nothing would stick to my hair. I used a spray bottle and applied this to wet hair for 20 minutes. I then applied ION color brilliance 7NA ash blonde, with a couple drops of ION ash intensifier and left it on for 15 minutes. The copper is gone, it is a bit blue on the ends but that will rinse out. The ash roots match perfectly with my natural hair color. This will make your hair a bit dry, so use a deep conditioning mask afterwards. Ladies, if you think you have ruined your hair, go try this. I promise you won't be disappointed!!!!

on 12/2/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is an insanely effective product at a very low price. If you have ever bleached (or even lightened) your hair and you are adding dye to it - do not do so without a protein filler. Hell, if your hair is even slightly damaged from heat styling I would recommend using this before applying a dye. This will prevent the more porous areas of your hair from grabbing onto color more intensely than the rest of your hair.

Follow the directions. If you are worried about not being able to know if it's evenly applied on damp hair then buy 2 bottles and apply extra. It's worth the extra $5 to not have patchy colored hair.

I wish I found this earlier.

on 11/21/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've dyed my bleached hair black, and it always fades into a very patchy brown color. So I decided to try this out, and it worked! I applied it through out my towel dried hair, left it on for the recommended time, then added my black hair dye on top. One thing that bothers me is that it says to wet your hair before applying it, which I don't like because I don't know if I am applying it evenly.