1000HOUR Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit

1000HOUR Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit
Enter TitleEyelash & Brow Dye Kit

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use Schwartzkopf brow and lash dye (fantastic), but since I couldn't get in the USA I've decided to try this one based on good reviews. I'm extremely disappointed.
The packaging is cheap and terrible - not like Schwartzkopf. Everything inside screams cheap. There is no proper mixing bowl, very tiny tube of color and useless instruments.
I've ordered dark brown that happened to be light copper brown. Not the color or the shade I was going for.
I've tried to mix the dye with the developer, but they didn't mix. 2 minutes of constant mixing led me nowhere.
When I received the package the developer bottle had a broken lid and it was leaking. I've touched it with my bare fingers and my fingers had burned and became flaky.
I'll find the way to order Schwartzkopf - the quality and the amount of product that you'll get worth 10 times this one.
I don't understand how so many people are happy to pay 20$ for this.

OH MY GOD. YEEEAAASSSSS!!!!! Ahhhh!! I am so stoked. You guys. You guys. Just. Do yourself a favor and get this stuff. I started dying my brows with Roux which was just okay but I figured that's as good as it would get. BUT THEN I got 1000Hour to give it a try and I am SO glad I did. It is so simply and easy and effective. No worries about getting it on skin. You can get every little hair. And it is just phenomenal. I am blonde haired and fair skinned so I used the dark brown color and it is like a dream come true. I went from having barely there brows to having Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon brows. OMG. New lifetime customer right here. wooooo! PS. I didn't do my lashes, only my brows (because I enjoy having light lashes sometimes). Also, I threw away the white stick it came with and used an angle brush instead. Amazing. Xox

on 5/22/2016 12:48:00 AM

I have been using this product for a few years now. I am currently using the colour "charcoal" on both my lashes and brows. I used to have a waxing and spray tanning business which occasionally involved tinting people's eyelashes, so I have a pretty good idea about what works and what doesn't.

I apply this with both a mascara wand and a small brush. I prep my eye area by applying vaseline under the eye and also above the eye to catch any dye that strays. I am currently also applying moisturising eye pads under the eye which I push right up to the lower lash line.

When I do my lower lashes, I use the small brush and brush down. The lashes cannot smear all over my face because I have the eye pads in place. I apply to the upper eyelashes and brows using the mascara wand. It is important to leave it on for about 15 minutes. I have tried all of the colours, but my favourites are the black and charcoal. Sometimes I like to use the Blue on my eyelashes.

Great product that I am never without!

on 5/16/2015 12:39:00 PM

I purchased this based on all the good reviews and was less than thrilled. The tint was orange instead of brown and look very strange. Tried it anyway, thought maybe that was the way it was supposed to look. Not only was it messy and gross looking, it didn't tint my brows even a tiny bit. Customer service was great though, they offered to ship me a new kit or refund my money (took the refund) but after seeing the colour and consistency, just didn't want to take the chance when it was coming all the way from Australia to Canada. Unfortunately this product did not work out for me.

on 3/10/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've used this for years and repurchased several times! I have blue eyes and the blue-black really brings them out! I've also used the brown for lashes and brows and it worked great, but was a bit dark for my brows (I have light brown hair and the dye is more of a medium brown).

Does not fade and lasts for about 3 weeks until my "roots" start to show.

Like the other reviewers, I find that using a mascara spoolie is MUCH more efficient than the little plastic wand they supply. Also, the packaging is a bit bulky for what it is. Otherwise, I really couldn't improve on it at all.

I think carekate originally suggested this, but she isn't around MUA anymore. But thanks, carekate!

I just used this for the first time and I love it! I bought the Blue Black and my lashes look so dark and glossy. It looks slightly purple going on but donít worry it will come out beautiful. Itís really easy to use and it will last a long time! I think I will get a lot more than 12 applications out of it. Also I mixed it so itís a little ďthickerĒ to make sure it didnít drip. Everyone said they couldnít find it but I got mine off of Amazon.

on 11/21/2014 6:14:00 PM

This was my first time dying my lashes, and it was easier than I thought it would be. This product is cheap, but it does the job. Glad I found it. I am blond, with light lashes, and I wanted to look a little "healthier" without having to be wearing makeup. While it doesn't mimic the look of mascara, it makes it look as if I have dark, natural lashes, which is my goal. Worth it. Will repurchase. I got the black/blue, based on other reviews, and I am pleased.m

on 11/2/2014 1:28:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this product!
I get it in dark brown and it's perfect. I have blonde hair (not bleach, like a natural beach blonde) and my eyebrows are quite light but I don't find this colour too dark. It gives such a natural look!
It's much cheaper than getting your eyebrows done at the salon and gives the same results! Plus it lasts ages.
I love it and would recommend it to anyone!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Its a good product but could be improved and over promises on the advertising. The pack says it lasts "UP TO" 6 weeks, but that actually depends on the person and how fast their brows and lashes replace themselves, so the company can't really claim that. If you are one the people like me whose lashes and brows replace every 2 - 3 weeks that is all the time you will get from dying them with this product so it won't last as long as they say.

CHOOSING YOUR COLOR:
The SA I consulted advised me the colors run VERY light and recommended me to go a few shades darker. She was light blonde and said did not use Light Brown on lashes or brows (it tinted them red not dark), she used Dark Brown. She suggested I use a mix of half dark brown and black on brows, and blue-black on my lashes which worked out well for me.

I caking it on my brows thick like caterpillars for the most even results. Then remove well with damp cotton pads and pat dry with tissue. Don't dry your face on a white towel like I did! Because even though you don't see anything on the towel at first, when you come back an hour later you will see permanently dyed ugly brown smudges on your nice towel.

For lashes, I would recommend Natural Black or Blue Black. I couldn't see a difference with the Dark Brown.

The packaging I'm not impressed by. The applicator isn't very good as it makes it difficult to apply. I had more success using a clean mascara spoolie. The mixing pan provided is not very good either, its so thin it cracked the first time I used it so I had to find another dish for mixing in.

One last thing, don't purchase old stock. I know a merchandiser for this product and she confessed to me ALL the product on Trademe (our New Zealand version of Ebay) is expired and won't dye properly. It MUST be a fresh batch as the developer goes off after a year or so and then the color can't dye very well. It will just bleach your brows and lashes lighter and redder. This happened to me at a "professional" salon. When I complained to the parent company and asked why this had happened they investigated then got back to me explaining they discovered that the therapist had been using expired product (which wont dye) and was going to be retrained.

I would give this product a higher rating if the expiry dates were clearly printed on each box. For such a time-sensitive product the company is not doing us right to hide behind a batch code that doesn't mean anything to us consumers!! Fix this, 1000 hour!!!

I LOVE this product. I have very blonde lashes and I look scary if I don't use mascara or tint my lashes. This product is wonderful. I swim and using waterproof mascara is a pain to remove, plus its hard on the lashes. I use latisse and tint and I can walk out the door without fear of scaring the children in the neighborhood with my ghostly features. I tint about every 3 weeks to keep my lashes a nice dark tint. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!