Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion

Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion

4.3

Deionized Water (Aqua), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice) Gel, Bladderwrack (Fucus Vesiculosus) Extract, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana Distillate), Seamollient (Algae Extract).

i absolutely love this toner. it's gentle yet cleansing and i have to say i love the scent (powdery roses) and the packaging. the bottle lasts a long time and is quite worth what you're paying for. i have combination skin and this works wonderfully for it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the best toner i've ever used. It is mild on the skin yet cleans effectively and soothes the skin. The smell is very comforting (smells a little like baby powder). A lil bit on the pricey side but i would purchase this again and again

This is the one product in my regimen that I always have on hand (kind of like toilet paper...I never want to run out of that, either!). No matter what I cleanse with, be it cream cleanser, foaming cleanser or micellar water, Seaweed Cleansing Lotion gets the last traces of grime for a fresh clean feeling. It's non-drying and has a very simple ingredient list. I even use it on my eyelids and all around the eye area. You get a lot for the price and even when used twice daily, it lasts a long time. I love the squirt top bottle too. Oh, and before you toss out that cotton pad, flip it over and get behind the ears and back of the neck or clean your belly button. The gray cotton pad doesn't lie. lol

Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion is a clear, watery liquid with a greenish tint. It's marketed as a non-drying, mild toner for dry and sensitive skin. However I have to say that the toner itself might be mild but it's fragrance definitely isn't! It has an overpowering smell that reminds me of perfume that old women wear. Luckily, the fragrance doesn't seem to linger and disappears after a few minutes but during the application it's very unpleasant.

Even though it has a strong fragrance this toner didn't aggravate acne for me. However, I wouldn't repurchase. The smell is a deal breaker and I didn't get (any) results to justify buying it again.

on 8/5/2015 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've always loved Mario Badescu products, especially the Strawberry moisturizer, Silver Powder, and Drying lotion! This toner is my HG after wash facial cleanser! I previously used Clean and Clear astringent and Clinique clarifying lotion 2, and the acne solutions one. So far, this is the only toner that doesn't make my skin feel dry and tight. I have very acne prone, oily skin, and normally (all oily girls know the struggle) I wake up with a nice oily film all over my entire face, well not anymore! at $13 a bottle I will buy time and time again until I die.

on 5/21/2014 3:17:00 PM

Love this! I have been using this as my daily toner for years. It never leaves my skin feeling dry and is refreshing. I use it with the seaweed cleansing soap and I always get compliments on my skin.

I am using this with the seaweed soap in the am. For pms, I use the special cucumber lotion. My skin is the clearest it has been in a very long time!! I will continue to use these products for the rest of my life for fear that if I stopped, I would break out again! :)

on 2/24/2014 4:46:00 PM

I don't know if I fully understand what toner does, but my aesthetician recommended this to me at the MB spa to use around my nose where I get blackheads during the summer months (NYC gets really dirty in the summer). I thought the price for a large bottle was pretty reasonable, so I began using this nightly after washing my face. I like it because it makes me feel like I've fully gotten all the dirt off of my face, and isn't drying. I use it less in the winter months, but will definitely break it out again when the weather warms us.

on 1/18/2014 3:58:00 AM

I would keep on using this till MB stops this product which they won't because it sells, and this toner rocks.

Wonderful smell, good cleansing power and totally not drying. It doesn't have alcohol yet it disinfects my sensitive skin without drying it out. Amazing.

I'm using the 16oz bottle though, this will probably last me a long while before I get another 16oz. :)

on 10/13/2013 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this since 2005. It brought my skin out of a post baby hormonal funk, soothed it through sub zero winters, refreshed it during 100 degree summers, moistened it every day before applying my SPF and makeup, and as 40 now is just months away, it still gives me that glow every night when I wash off the day's damage. I use this (also since 2005) with Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleansing Gel and Seaweed Night Cream. After using these at night, my face feels like I am as fresh faced as I was back in college and didn't even wear makeup. Some days I can't wait for that feeling of pulling my hair up, washing with this and seeing that fresh reflection. It makes me feel younger I guess. Even when I strayed from the Enzyme Cleansing Gel for a bit, I always, always used the Seaweed Cleansing Lotion. BTW, it is considered a toner. I always use it after washing my face to pick up an remaining residue or makeup that may be lingering in a missed spot before applying the Night Cream or anti-aging products. I am so glad Ulta is carrying this line now too, it makes it so much easier to stock up.