no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

Love Love Love this stuff. Very expensive, but it does as promised. I was going to buy the DDF 10% glycolic acid toner, and the SA from sephora suggested this b/c it will be more gentle and shrink my pores. And upon the first night, the huge pores on my cheeks shrunk significantly. I have been using night and morning and seem to be going thru it fast which isn't good considering the price. I find a lot comes out of the fliptop lid so i am trying to more careful so i can conserve. I would like to still get a glycolic acid toner for once or twice a week, since i have dark red acne scars. Overall this stuff is awesome and I will buy again, i like having small pores =)

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

My skin is not at all sensitive, so this is a little bit too mild for me. It contains small amounts of salicylic and benzoic acid, and has no fragrance, alcohol or dye (though methyl- and propyl- parabens are pretty high on the list of ingredients). I found this worked very well to help remove any extra traces of makeup that my cleanser missed, and left my skin ready for the next step, without stinging or causing any irritation. When I run out of this I'll probably switch over to PTR's glycolic toner next, but for the right skintype Conditioning Tonic is great.

About reviewer (1198 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily

HairBrunette

12 years ago

Peter Thomas Roth Conditioning Tonic, where has this been all my life? I can't understand why this product is getting such lukewarm ratings. This is a great gentle, yet effective AHA toner for delicate and normal skin. I've been using it for almost two weeks and the results are phenomenal. I used this every morning and night... My remaining breakouts cleared and haven't had a breakout since. -What I like: This product is alcohol-free, dye-free, and fragrance-free. I like my results the most! Skin is visibly smooth and baby soft. -What I don't like: The price is too much for a toner, but then again, it seems to do its job. The packaging is alright but you have to be careful not to spill it...I dropped mine several times but lucky for me the lid was closed. Overall, I can't part with this one yet so I will be back to purchase more.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

3.0
from

13 years ago

i usually use plain witch hazel but i need something more in these hot humid summers. i don't feel anything but i feel like it's working. like one of the other reviewers i like that it's alcohol and fragrance free....two unnecessary ingredients for skin care. it is over priced so i'll continue to search for a good alternative but in the meantime i'll keep using it.

About reviewer (369 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

2.0

13 years ago

I don't think there is anything spectacular about this product - it's just a standard astringent. I like the fact that it's fragrance and dye free, keeps my acne under control and does not dry out my skin, but this is ridiculously overpriced. I have used other astringents/toners that work just as good, if not better.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

17 years ago

This product is definitely not worth what it costs. My face never feels completely clean after I use it. I really wanted to like this toner, so I'm pretty disappointed. I will not be buying this again.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

17 years ago

Ouch! I must be allergic to something in this toner(I think it's the benzoic acid). I used it allover and my face started burning really bad. I looked in the mirror and my face was bright red! It took hours to calm down. I love Peter Thomas Roth skincare, but this toner is bad. My skin type is: sensitive/combo to oily/acne prone.

About reviewer (229 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

from

19 years ago

This is a cool toner with one problem: it is too expensive. Used regularly, it only lasts for 1-2 months, and at over 30 dollars, I can't afford that. Other than that, I like the stuff-- it has alpha and beta hydroxy acids in it, so it feels really active on the skin. My skin gets a perceptible glow after I use it, and I can feel the acids working gently to exfoliate, tone, and correct. The best thing to do would be to alternate this toner with one that is more calming, for under makeup. Conditioning Tonic is better for bedtime since it is so tingly. So yeah, this is good stuff but pricey, which makes it not quite a must-have. Oh: major pet peever: the packaging (except for the text) is EXACTLY like that on the PTR face wash, so I have twice accidently poured this tonic into my hand, thinking it was the face wash, and spilled a good couple of tablespoons of the stuff down the drain. They should change the packaging so that when you don't have your contacts on you know which is which.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinNormal