John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

3.9

on 12/31/2017 7:28:00 PM

I'm surprised I have never reviewed this before. I have been through so many bottles, used it with many different shampoos, and been very happy with it. It was just a nice, light cream rinse with a lovely, light scent that didn't annoy me. It was good for my long hair, and more importantly, it did not make my skin break out! Because I am one of those people who breaks out if I use products with silicone, and this didn't have silicones. Apparently, they have reformulated it with dimethicone high on the ingredients list, and I am scared to buy it again. I have been to several local Whole Foods trying to buy up the older version, but alas! Bummed.

I would have given it a five in the old days, but now I just don't think it will work for me.

on 5/24/2016 10:58:00 AM

Considering this is billed as a lightweight detangler, I found it somewhat heavy. I like it and will continue to use it on days that my hair needs a lot of conditioning, but I don't love it.

It does smell really nice, a light neroli smell.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a very lightweight conditioner with a soft scent of orange blossom. Smells like orange blossom water that I use for cooking. I liked the natural list of ingredients but this product did nothing for my fine, dry hair at all. It did not even detangle my hair which most basic conditioners can do. This product is also so thin and that I needed to use a lot of it. Left my hair feeling dry and frizzy.

on 4/27/2016 8:18:00 PM

I must say I had higher expectations.

My hair always used to tangle easily but most of conditioners were successful in detangling it. However in the last year it changed: I could not detangle it so I got this product.

I had some initial success and helped me somewhat in detangling but not completely and the hair gets entangled over and over again. It is OK for softness. No particular volume or anti-frizz effects.

on 4/19/2016 10:12:00 AM

Funny thing is it reads just a "detangler" and I find it to be one of the best heavy-duty conditioning treatments! I absolutely love the ingredients' list: the fact that aloe vera comes first and that there are no silicones. No heavy stuff in here, but it helps tame my frizzy, fine, porous, overcoloured hair. I leave it for 2-3 minutes then rinse out. My aim is: straight, shiny hair, no frizz - and this product delivers! When I use typical repairing masks, results are similar but my hair is weighed down and quickly starts looking greasy. I never have this problem with this detangler! The scent is very gentle, I expected it to be more citrusy, though.

This was a mediocre conditioner. It did its job to detangle my hair in the shower and has a pleasant scent that isn't overpowering. Despite only using this on the ends of my hair, it felt like it was weighing down my hair. It also left a feeling as though my hair isn't completely clean even though I always thoroughly rinse it out. I give the company props for trying to use natural/organic ingredients and that's always a plus. Definitely not something I would repurchase again.

on 8/21/2013 7:34:00 PM

Okay so I have only used up a sample but I already have the full packaging in my basket on naturisimo and I just loved loved loved this product even though I only had the tiny sample.

My hair is just so lame that I can spend a small fortune and waste half an hour in the morning every day trying to fix it up and yet the effect will last after I leave the house only till I reach our trash bins (50 meters walk from my apartment tops) before my hair goes limp and dull on my head.

Obviously if I ever meet my prince charming it'll have to be within these crucial 50 meters from my apartment when my hair is still okay or he will have to wait till my full bottle of this lovely detangler arrives in my mail.

So what does this do for me: first of all - the smell - yes it's me the lover of strong smells talking! it's not strong and it's not overwhelming but so lovely that I wish I could just spread it all over my pillow and smell it as I fall asleep. More importantly though - my hair is shiny, smooth, it helps with my troublesome fly away hair in a major way and (and I hope this is not just my wishful thinking) but I have a feeling it even adds a bit of volume to my hair.

Overall my hair looks in a pretty good condition and healthy even though my hairdresser managed to slightly burn my hair during my last visit and instead of a nice blond colour I left her place with ugly yellow hair (so I guess "my" hairdresser is not a good expression as I don't plan to revisit). On my damaged ugly hair this really brings amazing results.

I should also add that I used it as a conditioner (rinsed out) and then I added tiny bit on ends of my hair as a leave in.

does NOT detangle. hair feels limp after using. not impressed. results similar to live clean argan oil smoothing leave in.

I used a sample of this and loved it. Then I went out and bought the full size bottle afterwards. Unfortunately it was not for my fine hair. It was great at first, then after a month, my hair started to get greasy and limp.

on 12/11/2012 11:43:00 AM

I'm really impressed with this product! It works great for me as a leave-in conditioner, especially when I do an apple cider vinegar rinse first. My hair is dry, wavy/curly and prone to tangles. This product detangles really well, and leaves my curls soft and nicely conditioned without weighing it down. I wash my hair every 3/4 days and let it air-dry. This detangler works well at keeping frizz at bay- any remaining frizz I can tackle with some hair oil.

The price is a bit hefty (especially when bought in Europe), however you only need a small amount, so the bottle should last you for a long time. I've had mine for two and a half months and I've finished only a third of the bottle. The smell is divine too, it smells natural and uplifting.