John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.3

on 5/11/2003 7:38:00 PM

This is an all-natural conditioner with a creamy texture and a subtle, tangy citrus scent. I have thick, stick-straight hair, and this conditioner makes my hair instantly silky, shiny, and sleek. Because I'm always trying to make my hair seem flatter, I leave a tiny bit in after I rinse. But if your hair is very soft (lucky you) or fine to begin with, you'll probably want to rinse more completely -- this conditioner has such a softening effect that it might make your hair too limp.

on 5/26/2003 6:29:00 PM

This conditioner has a great scent (reminds me somewhat of Fresh's Brown Sugar Body Polish), and works well as leave-in or rinse-out. However it's too expensive to buy on a regular basis IMO.

on 7/22/2003 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a lightweight leave-in with a nice scent. I like to mix it with styling products (gels and creams) when I wear my hair wavy/curly to help keep it soft. I also like it use it when I blow dry my hair straight to help protect the hair strands. I alternate between this and my BWC Leave-In, which I also like.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff as a leave-in or if rinsed out. Does what it claims!

on 1/30/2005 2:34:00 PM

Firts let me tell you that I have fine-medium curly frizzy hair. I usually could never eliminate frizziness with shampoo and conditioner alone. Always needed a gel to style my curly hair, which is fine with me. I purchased this detangler based on great reviews her. Thank you ladies for taking your time and reviewing this wonderful product.
This detangler works better for my hair then my aestelanse mask. The thing with hair mask is that it takes some time for it to sink in , but with this detangler it only takes 3-5 minutes and results are the same and even better than with my hair mask. You can actually control the amount of product that is on your hair. If don't need as much moisture just wash it off all and if need extra moisture you can leave it on. But the most wonderful thing is it completely eliminated my frizz. I could not beleive my eyes!! When my hair dried out ( and I purposely did not put any gel just to see the results) it was totalyy frizz free. My hair only needed a few touches here and there with gel ( I usually need to section my hair to put sufficient amount of gel).
Overall I am very happy with this product and will definetely repurchase. And I thought that Kerastase is the best. No longer! It is John Masters Citrus and Neroli Detangler.

on 4/21/2006 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Okay guys. this is an update on my last review for this product. Previously when using this product I had been following the directions on the website for John Masters and mixing it with the Swet orange and silk Protein styling gel, which was giving me really bad drying results. After taking a break and trying all these other expensive pructs that dont work to lay down my thick coarse wavy hair, I decided to try this again. but this time I used it alone. I really like the way it lays down all of my flyaways, it holds like agel without any stiffness and it gives the hair a nice natural shine and smooth and silky feel. Now I can just put this in my hair right after washing it and my hair looks soo nice and smooth. this is a great product for African american hair that is wavy but thick and kinda unruly. It's not drying like gel and seems to help with growth too.

on 11/6/2006 7:21:00 PM

My hair has never felt this soft. I use it as a conditioner, and sometimes as a leave in. I like the sent, and also like the fact that it doesn't hang around all day and compete with other sented products. It is expensive, but I get very good results with just a tiny bit so it's not quite as expensive as it seems. This is also the only cone-free conditioner that gives my hair that slippery feeling in the shower when I wash it.

on 12/21/2006 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This an excellent conditioner that I will definitely repurchase. I like the light citrusy scent, the simple, modern packaging, and most of all the total effectiveness of this product. I only need to use a small dab for my shoulder-length, wavy-curly hair, and I am left with soft, slightly relaxed texture. I'm also very happy that this conditioner includes no silicones or other peculiar chemicals. I actually feel like it will improve my hair as I keep using it, rather then slowly but surely drying it out or adding residue.

on 12/28/2006 11:22:00 PM

This is the best conditioner I've ever used. Granted, it's also the most expensive, so I was certainly expecting a wonderful product! It certainly lives up to its price tag. It contains a lot of great ingredients which make my hair incredibly soft and manageable. Whether I wash my hair at night and air dry or wash it in the morning and blow dry, my hair is touchable and very amenable to styling. It also smells delicious and makes me feel like I'm giving my hair a healthy treat. Will definitely repurchase.

Oh yeah, what the other 5-lippie folks said! This is my HG now. I only need a dab of this thick & creamy conditioner. It has a gentle, sweet orange smell-to my nose there's also a bit of vanilla-w/absolutely no chemical undertones, only high-quality & effective natural organic ingredients, & best of all soft, manageable, shiny hair with lots of body. The only thing that was different for me was that my thick, coarse, dark brown & silver, mature, short & wavy hair still has a bit of frizz left when I air-dry it. No daily conditioner I've tried has made all the frizz go away when I've air-dried my hair, though. That takes a deep-conditioning, or for in between a bit of John Masters pomade makes it look better than I could've hoped for. The other thing is that I like it just slightly less as a leave-in than as a rinse-out, but so far I've only used it during the winter. I might have different results this summer. I'll repurchase this over & over!