KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

KANEBO Sensai Lotion II

3.5

on 4/12/2008 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This alcohol based lotion SERIOUSLY stings my dry sensitive skin...i've tried to handle it several times seeing as I bought it but stings every time!

It sort of goes with the SKII type clarifying clear lotion japanese trend but I haven't found either brand really works that well to clarify my skin.Not a fan of the product.

on 12/22/2007 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am trying out several Kanebo products based on a recommendation from a fellow MUAer along with some Shisheido and Cle de Peau products as well. I am liking these Japanese lines.I did a swap on MUA for this Kanebo toner. It is too hard to get out of the bottle (the opening is too small, I think), but otherwise, I like the product. It feels good on my dry skin. I have never been a big devotee or regular user of toners, period.....a lot of research indicates they are an extra, unnecessary step. It's impossible tor know whether or not this particular toner/lotion actually does any more or less than many other mild toners I have tried, but it does leave my skin smooth and soft and not tingly or tight (as some toners can). According to Kanebo literature, (and as a lot of other toners also claim) this product preps the skin to more effectively absorb ingredients in treatments used thereafter. So, as toners/softeners go, I think this one is very good (albeit expensive at $70 retail).