Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder

Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder
Bronzing Powder

4.5

INGREDIENTS: Talc, silica, zinc stearate, cornstarch, caprylic/capric triglyceride, polyethylene, tricaprylin, isopropyl palmitate, lanolin oil, tocopherol, lanolin alcohol, ascoryl palmitate, isopropyl myristate, barium sulfate, methylparaben, propylparaben

on 9/20/2017 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have found the Bobbi Brown powders reliable because they don't cause breakouts. I found this really adds a lot of colour to your face...for me it's too much. the pigment I found too unnatural and I feel uncomfortable when I've applied it, like I have an overly orangey foundation and I find myself rubbing at my face trying to make it look less bronzed. It may be personal preference but I find the two liquid bronzers (different brands) that I have are much more flattering and natural looking, and they wear longer, this seems to wear off half way through the day.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Unfortunately I have had to stop using this product, as it causes painful breakouts wherever I have used it on my face. This is annoying because the shade golden light is so beautiful and looks very natural. Also, the packaging is looks nice and there is a decent sized mirror in the lid

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Excellent all the way, that's all I need to tell you.
I am a bronzer fanatic - I need bronzer in winter, as I am pale and want to look like I am alive - but I do not want it looks too obvious or shimmery. I use bronzer for contouring purposes, also.
This is just perfect: I got it in the Light shade and it is the exact amount of tan for my NC15-20 skintone.
I use this as a contouring powder and it works like heaven; it is rather cool toned but doesn't look dirty and it is NOT orangey at all. I looooove it.
As a side note, I often use Kevin Aucoin as a contouring powder and it is excellent too, but outrageously expensive and ii can look dirty if you are not super light-handed.... the BB bronzer is better, as it is much more forgiving.
I love almost all BB products - except their foundations and skincare - and all the powder products have been a long time favourite of mine. I adore their eyeshdows and blushes and this bronzer is another winner in the line.
Get the right shade for you and try it, it is one of the best bronzer- contouring powders out in the market.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Update March 14th:
recently my skin became extremely sensitive and each time I use this bronzer it causes brake outs. Might be unsuitable for people with sensitive skin.

The HG bronzer! It's on expensive side but here you definitely going to get what you're paying for.
Pros:
- very pigmented. 8g of product going to last you a really long time
- very easy to blend
- long lasting result
- no shimmer

Cons:
- price

P.S. Frankly I'd pay double for this quality. I used Chanel, Dior, Lancome, Guerlain, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Benefit and nothing come close to this one!

on 1/25/2017 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Bought it 3 years ago with BB foundation and powder. Based on current trends, I rarely wear this anymore. Overpriced. I use a lighter bronzer now with a bit of light effects.

on 4/19/2017 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Bought this in Sandstone, I truly love the color and undertone (I'm NC20). Sadly, it causes irritation on my T-Zone. I suspect the culprit is Linolin Oil. But since I paid $$$ for it and I do really like the golden glow I get from it, I found a workaround the irritation thing: carefully apply to cheeks.

Seems to do the trick so far. In conclusion, I will use the bronzing powder until I finish the whole thing but I will not repurchase again.

Sad face :(

ps: I had some questions when I bought this bronzing powder so I contacted the customer service online, and I must say it was one of the best experiences I ever had with customer support. Bobbi Brown(Co) really care about their customers.

on 3/28/2016 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bobbi Brown's Bronzing powder is a solid choice for anyone who wants a matte, finely milled product. It comes in a variety of shades, among them even some for cool toned light skin which is rare. In some cosmetic lines I find it difficult to find a bronzer that doesn't lean orange and that doesn't look muddy or even dirty on my fair NW15 complexion. Telluride and Natural are the best shades for me, both are browns with rosy undertones. Also, this bronzer doesn't make me break out which has been an issue with a few other brands' bronzers.
Only con: The packaging! While the round mirrored compact looks good upon arrival I had the clasp of these break several times which then means that the compact no longer closes and that's an issue for travel. My latest purchase of Natural had it happen again within a few weeks, with only moderate use of the product every few days. I have seen several reviews stating the same issue over the years for these round compacts of the line, this should really be addressed by now. Hence only two stars for packaging.
Otherwise a good product that I recommend.

on 4/2/2016 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfect product. Way better than Hoola and Too Faced's Soleil. Those work as contour, but this looks like a real tan/bronze. I grew up on an island, so I should know.

Pros:
sleek packaging
good amount of powder
great variety of shades to choose from
extremely natural-looking bronze
Medium great on warm or yellow-based skin tones
matte

Cons:
expensive

Natural looked dirty on me, but Medium looked flawless. Must try.

on 4/2/2016 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use Bobbi's bronzer in Golden Light and I love it. I can use this lightly on my face when I'm pale and I can also use it when I'm tanned and it looks great. Have repurchased numerous times. I normally go between this and benefits Hoola bronzer and both flatter my skin time really well.

on 3/28/2016 7:25:00 AM

My fav product! Very good quality, nice package. Stays long, powder is very fine. Shades are quite warm / orangey. I have the shade light golden (1).