Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this cleanser! My mom and I have noticed such a difference in our skin after washing our face with this every morning and night. Our skin feels so much softer. I LOVE using this in the morning before I put my makeup on because I don't feel I have to use a primer - this gives me the nice clean face I want!

Plus, it's super gentle, which means no harsh ingredients. I have super sensitive skin and my mom has rosacea and we have had no problems with this!

on 10/6/2017 4:26:00 PM

This cleanser does everything it says it does except it does still dry out my skin. Still have to apply mosturizer after. It is a little pricey too, the smaller one costs $8 and the larger one $12. Definitely only buy this when it's on sale, since there are daily cleansers that do what they say they will do for a better price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

When I was in high school my sisters always used the cetaphil for normal to dry skin (the milky white one) and I hated it. It had the texture of snot and didn't do anything. I had acne and used what my Dermatologist recommended, the Neutrogena acne wash. Years later I discovered they had another version, the one for normal to oily skin. Its a clear cleanser and has a more traditional soap texture (I just can't handle slime on my face...). It cleans without stripping, doesn't break me out. It does an ok job with makeup but other's do better. I used this for a while but then an esthetician flipped out on me for using it. So I tried cerave for a while which I like except it's a little on the slimy side and it burns sometimes.

Edit 12/9/17. So I repurchased this and the smell really got to me. Weird. No longer a repurchase.

This cleanser is probably the most basic face wash. Doesn't dry me out and feels like it cleans my face. It doesn't feel like a deep clean but I never feel that unless I am doing a scrub.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

At first I thought this cleanser was great but after using it for a while my skin started burning and flaking. I thought that my sensitivity was due to the weather or some other product I'd be using but I stopped using the cleanser and my skin cleared up. I didn't really think anything of it until I gave the cleanser to my sister and she told me the next day that it burned her skin too. My skin is very sensitive so I figured it was just me but my sister doesn't have sensitive skin at all. I will never use a Cetaphil cleanser again (I don't like the gentle one either) but they do make great moisturizers!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser is really good and cleans really well.

on 11/8/2016 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I been reading many reviews on this product. I decided to buy both the Gentle Facial Cleanser and the Daily Facial Cleanser. I have mild Rosacea and this was recommended by my derm. She actually recommended the gentle, but since I have oily skin I'm not sure that will be sufficient to remove the excess oil. My skin also gets dried out after shower, even with luke warm water. I was using the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser for added moisture, but they discontinued this and the Ultra Gentle from Neutrogena did not feel like it was cleansing well. I was also using a Neutrogena oil-free moisture. My face would get really red after using the moisture. So I am looking for new products. I have decided to try Cetaphil for the cleanser and CeraVe AM and PM for the moisture. Trying to limit the redness. I might use the Gentle cleanser in the morning and the Daily cleanser before I go to bed. The Daily cleanser has fragrance mask, so not sure how that will be on my skin. The Gentle is fragrance free, but may be similar effectiveness wise as Neutrogena's Ultra Gentle (hope not). Will have just try and see what happens. Same with the CeraVe. The AM has SPF 30, which is good. May use AM for the morning and PM just before I go to bed. I know some people have used PM for both morning and night, but then you have to use another sunscreen. it may just be good to go with the AM both night and day. I am spot checking these products on parts of my neck to see if they cause irritation. After one day, I do not see any irritation where applied. I will continue to test for another couple of days, if all good, will apply to face. My derm stated that if I start to breakout in red areas she will prescribe metrocreme.

I am 45 years old and just discovered this. I've had oily, acne-prone skin my whole life, and only stopped breaking out within the past 5 years. I still get oily in the T-zone in winter, all over in summer; and I still use foundations and powders for oily skin. I only use moisturizer in winter. So that's my current skin type, for your reference.

When younger, I blitzed the hell out of my face with a rotating crew of alcohol-heavy toners, alpha-hydroxy acids, acne drying creams... and of course, liquid soaps that stripped my skin bare. Maybe that's what I needed back then to keep zits at bay.

These days, though, those products are just too harsh and irritating. I tried the Clinique oily skin 3-step products last summer and couldn't stand them. I had been using Dove bar soap since then, but didn't feel it was really cleaning off the makeup, and I had little bumps under the skin. I picked up the Cetaphil Oily Skin cleanser just to try it, and I love it!

You have to get used to the fact that this doesn't lather. It's a clear liquid, not a cream, but it still just kind of melts into the skin without lathering. I use 3 pumps on wet skin, and I find that it cleanses very thoroughly, including a full face of makeup with foundation + powder, and rinses off very cleanly. Gets off eye makeup, too, without stinging. My skin feels great afterwards! Sometimes I use a dab of moisturizer if I've been in air conditioning all day, but it certainly isn't a harsh or drying product. And my skin is super-smooth and calm, with no bumps or redness. Worth a try, especially if you've aged out of acne but still have oily skin!

on 6/29/2016 6:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A pretty meh product. I heard good things about Cetaphil, but it just didn't wow me. The cleanser doesn't lather which I found weird. I didn't feel like it got into my skin and gave a good clean, which is what I want after a day of wearing makeup. However it did mostly keep my breakouts at bay which is great. I did finish the product but it just wasn't great enough for me to repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is seriously amazing. I am 30 and had really bad skin in my teenage years. Thru my 20's my skin was great. However in the last several months my skin had started breaking out really ad. So I had started using Rodan and Fields on face acne cleanser and it seemed to make it worse. Was reading reviews on what to use. I bought Cetaphil daily facial cleanser and it has been awesome! My skin is smoother and it cost me like $7 at Wal Mart. It doesn't burn when I wash it either. Awesome stuff. It may not work for everyone but I say it's worth a shot for $7