Olay Regenerist Facial Cream

Olay Regenerist Facial Cream

3.5

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This has been my favorite moisturizer for many years now. I do take a break every once in a while to try out some other high-rated creams, but always love coming back to my beloved Olay Regenerist. It's a fantastic night time moisturizer that leaves my skin super-hydrated, smooth and plumped. It's a little too heavy for me to use as a daytime moisturizer; I find it a little too greasy to wear under my makeup. But as a night time moisturizer, it can't be beat. I will continue to repurchase forever!

on 9/5/2017 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I actually just used a jar of this cream, and I would be willing to re-purchase it. (But I probably won't do that immediately, because I have a lot of other things to try and use up first.)

First of all, I don't know that it actually did anything for my skin, other than hydrate. My skin felt nice when I used this, and it still felt nice in the morning. I experienced no irritation at all. I usually used it at night, but it works fine as a day cream, too. Sinks in, non-greasy, non-shiny, plays well with makeup.

I think if I repurchase, I'll get the sunscreen version, so that I can focus on retinols and other treatments for my night cream. I noticed that the SPF version comes in a bottle with a pump. Which brings me to packaging. I like this little red jar; it looks luxurious and expensive (though I don't think it's glass). It's not really travel-friendly, but I've seen little 15 mL sample jars at Walgreens, which I would use if I needed to travel with it.

Generally, I found this cream a soothing, nice-smelling part of my evening ritual. Next time I buy the evening (non-SPF) version, I may also try the serum. This is pretty expensive for a drugstore cream, but there are always sales and coupons.

on 6/27/2017 8:06:00 AM

Applied and a couple of hours later my face started to itch. Persevered for a bit longer and then my face started to burn. Threw this away and went back to Nivea. A couple of months later stayed the night at a friend's and used some of her Olay Regenerist eye cream before bed. Woke up next morning with two very puffy eyes which took several days to look normal again. I don't usually have sensitive skin but there is something in this that my skin doesn't like.

on 5/17/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have gone through a few of these. The best moisturizer at the drugstore. It actually has ingredients to moisturize! I was struggling with very dry skin and this has really helped. I used it twice a day and even use it around my eyes in place of an eye cream. It is emollient, but not greasy. It feels so nice on the skin and keeps me moisturized all day. It also adds a nice radiance to the skin. You look healthy, not greasy. It goes on fine under makeup. I also use an oil so Iike to wait 15-20 min to really let them sink into the skin before I apply makeup. I do feel firmer after using it, but I'm only 20 so I cannot say if it does anything for fine lines.

I thought I would have to go to Sephora for a good moisturizer until I found this one.

on 4/10/2017 8:04:00 PM

UPDATE
I'm updating this now as I've used this exclusively for some time. I've actually seen a difference in my skin -It is more even and less sensitive. sometimes my skin would be randomly red after washing. not anymore. I would also just get an irritated red spot during the day that itches - not anymore. I'm so happy and so shocked I could find a drugstre cream that really made a difference.
My goal was to find drugstore products - or products that are less expensive - because I will soon have student loan payments to worry about and my financial situation is changing.
I wake up and my face is not oily at all. with all the others i've tried, I would have some oil. now my skin has normalized. For reference, I wash with a regular Dove bar. (fragrance doesn't bother me.)

I also don't have it pilling up under makeup as I did before. I think I may have been using too much product.
Costco sells this in a 2 jar package - same size 1.7 oz for like $34, where as its $32.49 at CVS currently.

Original Review:
I'm so torn between this and EL Revitalizing Supreme+ Global Anti-Aging Cream. I love them both. I think though that this one might not be as hydrating as the EL - but the addition of a serum could remedy this. I have normal to dry skin that can get dehydrated easily. the niacinamide is a big draw for me though. I also don't wake up oily as I have with other creams (my skin is not oily at all, but the others just don't sink in like this one does).

it can pill up if you're applying makeup over it - I am trying to find the right method. maybe waiting longer, a thinner layer, perhaps a primer?? Still working on this solution and I will update when I figure it out :)

For the price, this is much cheaper than the department store creams - you can find coupons also.

I'm not thrilled with the parabens in this - but there is much mixed info on parabens -they stop fungus, bacteria and other microbes from growing in the creme - and for a jar, that's pretty important. EL doesn't use parabens, but I'm not entirely sure what their preservative ingredients are but they must use *something*. Both creams have fragrance added. I dont mind either one. Other reviewers have commented on this being "glittery" but I have noticed NONE of that.

for the actual cream, I like this a lot. I think its a bargain compared to the other similar anti-aging creams out there if its hydrating enough for you. I do find that hydration is key to reducing the signs of aging. I'm going to try it again once my EL runs out and I will update this review at this time.

on 3/12/2016 2:57:00 PM

I have made it through a full tub of this, and am on my second. For reference, I am in my mid twenties, fair skinned, and have problems with acne.
I love this stuff. Seriously. It's amazing. I'm obsessed with it. When you first put it on, it seriously feels like silk on your skin. I noticed almost immediately that this helped with my acne. It's not greasy at all, it soaks in right away and leaves your skin feeling moisturized (again, NOT greasy), and exceptionally soft.
I have also noticed fine lines decrease as well. My forehead looks great, lines have decreased, and my skin honestly just feels much more firm than it did before I started using this product.
This is the only Olay product I use, I have to use proactive for my cleanser for the acne.
This makes a fabulous pairing if you struggle with mild to moderate acne-the proactive clears your skin, and the Regenerist puts moisture back in.
My only complaint about this product is the packaging...the tub just really isn't very sanitary. I would appreciate a tube much more.

on 2/11/2016 10:21:00 AM

Broke me out. Filled with very bad ingredients which are harmful

on 9/19/2015 11:56:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually like this for at night but I tried to wear it under my primer and foundation and experienced major pilling. A little research pointed out that acrylates copolymers cause the pilling when mixed with other products.

I have dry and sensitive skin. I wanted to at least try one more drugstore product before going into high end products, and am so glad I did. I have tried Neutragena and other Olay daily moisturizers and ended up just giving them away to friends and family because either I had reactions (I've reacted to a sensitive skin formula... SERIOUSLY!? I know my skin can be a diva at times) or they did absolutely NOTHING to combat dryness. I couldn't understand why there were SO many lotions out there but NONE of them did anything for my dryness! FINALLY, I figured, if I'm ready to spend $60 on a Philosophy lotion, I'll spend a little more than the $10-$15 lotions and spend $25ish. After just one day with this on, I was in LOVE. It has a nice scent and just makes your skin feel SO fabulous, I just love how it feels when I wash my makeup off at night. I have never been this in love with my skin! Every morning after I wash my face I put enough of this on to cover my face but don't over moisturize, and let it dry prior to putting on makeup (about 30 minutes between moisturizing and applying makeup). I've noticed that my skin just glows. It feels so smooth, hydrated, and healthy that I even started searching for a lighter foundation because there are less imperfections that I have to hide and less dry spots to deal with! I would and have previously recommended this product to friends/family.

As a side note: I use this in conjunction with the Olay Regenerist Night Recovery cream.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is the business!!! I am a shameless beauty product snob and was reluctant to try this but everything but Target and CVS was closed and I needed night cream badly. Plus, my grandma swore by Olay and she looked great, so why not? So I picked this up and have been using it every night in tandem with the Olay ProX Nightly Purifying Micro-Peel for about a month now...and my skin looks amazing!! You kind of wonder if perhaps you're giving yourself too much credit and maybe that's just what I WANTED to see, but no, the ultimate proof was when I went to my plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills for my quarterly "maintenance" appointment and he told me my skin looked gorgeous and poreless and asked what I've been using. Keep in mind I've been a patient of his for years so he knows what my skin looked like pre-Olay. I can't wait to try more of their products...I'm embarrassed to think of how much money I've wasted on super high $$$$ products that didn't get a fraction of the results I've gotten from this combo!!