Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 36-43
Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.5

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

Of all the natural products I tested this spring and summer, this cream was a winner. Although I don't think I would seek this out again, I said I would repurchase.

The smell is herbal which I prefer. The cream is actually very nice. It absorbed. It moisturized. No breakouts. Soothing to my sensitive skin. I really enjoyed this cream. I find it mixes superbly with my Cover FX drops to create a foundation similar to (but not quite as good) my NARS tinted moisturizer. This is how I will probably finish the tube. I have other moisturizers which are more effective and/or better value. However, this is a solid contender. I also found the packaging of these products to be pretty good as well. Great to keep air and muck out, but don't be too zealous squeezing tube or you will have a mess whenever you remove the cap.

on 11/30/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Still on the hunt for a replacement for my (out of stock? being reformulated? discontinued?) Aveda moisturizer, and this is one of the ones that I tried. Purchased in a sample box of Dr. Hauschka products for normal to dry, sensitive skin.

The good:
I didn't have any untoward reactions to it during my roughly 2-week trial period, which is unusual for me.
It smells great. I love the smell of many German and European cosmetics, and this is no exception -- a lovely, organic-smelling, mild citrus.
The texture is nice, light and non-greasy.
I can't remember what the full-size package was like, but I love the hygienic, utilitarian, unfussy paint-style tube the sample's packed in.
The meh:
It doesn't really do anything for my skin at all. The "moisturizing" qualities are mediocre at best, and don't last, and it certainly does nothing against the increasing dryness of early winter, or my incipient age lines.
The verdict:
An inoffensive entrant, but certainly not worth buying again.

on 1/2/2010 10:06:00 PM

I have sensitive/combination/oily skin and I thought this cream would work nicely, but it appeared to do nothing for my skin. My daughter, however, likes it and it looks wonderful on her normal/young face.

Pros: easily spread, scent is not too overpowering, works on protecting faces that are young and normal

Cons: not suitable for older/hard to diagnose skin.

Best to purchase a trial kit that has sample sizes of their products to get a feel for what works with your skintype.

on 6/19/2006 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Aged 37 I'm just converting to the Dr Hauschka range after trying out pretty much everyone else's, and I'm also coming round to the idea that I want to use more natural products. I tried the Rose Day Cream first as I do have quite dry skin that's had a fair amount of sun exposure over the years. I loved the smell of it but it was just a little too heavy for me so I've moved over to Qunce Day Cream which is just perfect. The more citrus smell already feels a little lighter on my skin and I feel less like I'm covered in ointment. You only need a tiny amount, warmed in the palm of your hand and spread into a thin veil over the skin and it's so great on my face, I only need a light brush of powder over the top and I'm ready to go! I would highly recommend this product, and it comes in a hygienic tube so you don't go sticking your finger and nails in it everyday.
Tip: While Dr Haushka is not really that expensive compared to many other ranges, I would recommend buying on eBay direct from Germany cos you can save !!! The instructions come in German/Italian, but you can check the English ones on www.drhauschka.co.uk

Popular Moisturizers