Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Filtered by age: 19-24
Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.5

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

I have dry skin. This cream didn't do anything special. I used it up but won't miss it. I like that this line is cruelty-free but it doesn't do much for me.

on 9/19/2013 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best feature about this cream is the scent: spicy citrus with a hint of rose. Its moisturising quality is good, not too oily or too light. It didn't improve the appearance of my skin at all, and actually gave it a grey tinge. Not worth the steep price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My HG long-lasting day cream. It's 110% moisturizing, even in this harsher-than-ever English Winter. It smells so crisp and summery (another amazing thing in Winter), it lasts all day, the packaging is lovely. It's quite expensive but I never find that a problem if a product lasts so long, and I'm prepared to spend money on very few things and my skin is one of them. My moisturizing match made in heaven!

on 2/10/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product! The first time I tried it, it was a little tingly on my skin. But I tried to let that go. Then after the next day I started to see little bumps on my skin and redness. I knew that this was the cause! I feel that the lemony scent that it has is also very irritating. I wish I knew what ingredient it is that irritates my skin, but I cant figure it out since this is suppose to be very holistic. Over all it did give some glow to my skin! which was great if i didn't get the redness and spots on my face with it! :( Also, its not that hydrating. IF you have dry skin DONT buy it !

This product is great for people who do NOT have sensitive skin.

on 12/24/2012 6:30:00 AM

this day cream smelled nice, but left my skin feeling incredibly heavy and weighed down. It was rather sticky and once absorbed (finally, it takes so long!) leaves a film on your face that is meant to protect from the sun, irregardless of the fact that it doesn't have an spf at all. I think this is meant for dry skin (i.e not me) and i wouldn't repurchase as it is incredibly expensive for what you get, and is definitely not the right thing for my skin. also, the bottles are so tiny! especially for the price you pay. i'll stick with chanel.

on 10/3/2011 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Every skincare product I use is from Dr Hauschka except my makeup remover (organic olive oil on a wet cotton pad).
I have tried different moisturizers (the Rose Cream, Rose Cream light, Quince Cream).
Quince Cream is my favourite! It's gentle, smells fantastic (citrusy sweet yummy) and goes INTO skin and doesn't leave that thin layer that goes away with first contact with water.
It really hydrates skin and you can feel what good quality it is. No high end brand can beat this in my opinion. I use it all year around except during the harshest winter months here in Sweden. During that time I need a thicker cream, the Rose Cream.
Quince Cream is also good for blending out foundations. Lasts a while and is well worth the money. I'm a student and don't have that much money to spend on skin care but I can't live without this stuff, Dr Hauschka is the only line of products that keep my skin healthy and glowing.
Got to mention that my boyfriend stays close to my face and wants to smell my cheeks when I use the quince cream. So I guess that's a good thing :)

on 8/31/2011 8:25:00 AM

This cream is amazing. I was using active moist( dermalogica) for summer and skin smoothing cream for winter. But still especially in winter, I get dry patches around my nose and mouth. So I started to search again at makeupalley. This cream is best I ever seen. But I apply it in a different way. Im using it for one and a half month and here is my observations:

1)There is no patches at all.
2)I noticed the difference in my skin. Ever since I used the cream, I got no pimples, seriously. This was unexpected. I got clear skin thanks to quince cream.
3)when I get up, I dont have an thick residue. Like I just moisturized my face. So it balances oil production.

4)And the best part is it is very economical in use. Dont waste money on dermalogica! It is summer, so I wet my hand, put one third of a pea size, and put it on my face. That way I dont put too much product and feel waxy as others mentioned. However when my boyfriend applied it( without water) he said his skin feels blocked, like cant breathe( note: he has oily skin and applied full pea size). So, in my opinion, applying it with water is key.

I think when weather turns colder, I'm gonna apply it over moist face ( after bath or cleansing).

I keep my cream in the refrigerator. For better storage of ingredients and I feel more refreshed after applying it.

About the smell, It smells kind of lemons and quince. That is not very common but I enjoy it. It has definitely way better smell than chemical odor of active moist and lavanderish odor of skin smoothing cream which I find very unpleasant.

definitely buy again! This cream does its job! even more

I love the packaging. I know it's not very 'pretty' or anything, but at least it is hygienic! I love the smell of the creme, it's so lovely. It's great my face stays moisturised, without all kinds of chemical nasties! :) Would definitely repurchase!

One con, though! It has no spf... But I use some sunscreen on top of it, when I go out.

on 8/24/2009 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

After alot of recommendations i decided to try it and straight after i applied it to my skin, my whole face started to itch and irritate and before you know it i had red bumps all over my cheeks so def not suitable for my very sensitive skin

on 3/30/2008 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Terrible terrible, do not buy if you have sensitivity to nuts of any kind! All these products are terrible and aggrevated my eczema so badly. The Naturopath lady was shocked at what happened to my skin using this range. I had the whole skincare line plus the makeups. cost hundreds what a waste. they say chemicals are the enemy but they have nothing on these so called natural ingredients.

Popular Moisturizers