Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
Pond's Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Love this stuff! I have combination skin that is maturing (I’m 41) and this cream really keeps my skin hydrated, plump looking and doesn’t break me out at all. I use this in the evening in conjunction with tea tree oil on the areas I tend to break out and haven’t had a better looking complexion. I have spent so much money over the years on skin care, anti-aging, etc. and I’m so happy to find such an effective product that is so inexpensive too. Sometimes it’s better to keep it simple. Also, while some people think it smells like old lady, I think the scent is mild and soothing.

on 8/21/2017 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Just not doing it for me. I have really dry, sensitive skin but this is so greasy and heavy even when using just a small amount. Never really absorbed. Felt like it was riding on top of my skin. Light smell which I didn't find offensive and didn't set off my sensitive skin but this does not work for me as either a day or night cream. Will use up the jar on heels, elbows and various other dry spots but would not repurchase.

on 7/17/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(Normal to dry skin, no acne or other issues)

This is a good, basic barrier cream. Simple.
The actives in my routine are Tretinoin, C E Ferulic, and occasional Mandelic acid peels. I don't look for a cream to do anything but moisturize, protect and seal.
This does a great job at that, for cheap. One tub will last just about forever.
It's thick and rich and contains mineral oil. If your skin doesn't doesn't respond well to these types of creams, avoid it. My skin is left a bit dry and sensitive from the actives in my routine, and a few nights a week I'll layer a bit of this on over my face oil blend as a last step before bed. It works for me.

on 4/15/2017 5:08:00 PM

I've been using this since I was 13 years old and my mother used it since she was a teen she is in her 70s and looks like a lady in her 50s the few wrinkles she has are not noticeable and she just got them in her 70s and haven't used any other cream only ponds. I have dry skin and this has always been good at taking care of my skin and performed so much better than anything else, my expensive creams don't hydrate my skin the way this does and I always end up looking dry and gross so the ponds is the best for me anyways and looking at my mothers skin it works at preventing aging skin. It's cheap and lasts along time it goes well under makeup and smells fine

on 8/13/2015 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I recently rediscover this moisturizer and I'm loving it all over again :) I only use it at night and It's really moisturizing but not overly oily and leaves my skin supple and glowing the next morning. Because of the price, I also use it as my body lotion.

on 7/17/2015 2:31:00 AM

Sometimes all you need is moisture. I cannot even begin to calculate the amount of money I've blown on skin care. All those miracle snake-oil claims... I can't even begin! I swear to god I pay Sephora's light bill at this point. Here's the thing: Wear sunscreen, exfoliate (either with acids or abrasion), *moisturize*, and wear hats and sunglasses. This cream is a no nonsense, effective, affordable cream that does as much for my skin as La Mer. Period.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product! Living in the Northeast, this has been a life saver for my skin. Even though it is a facial moisturizer, I use this all over during the winter months. It saves my extra dry skin from cracking and flaking. I don't mind the scent at all, and it seems as though they may have toned it down of late. I used to use Nivea Creme faithfully and found THAT scent more unpleasant. I don't mind the big ole pot, its not the prettiest, but that's fine.

LOVEEEE. It leaves my skin smooth and makes my legs look AMAZING after shaving. Yeah. There's no scent which is great for me but this has a pleasant smell where it doesn't smell like flowers or like no name generic unscented lotions. This is two thumbs up as a great body lotion. Muah. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Since I've started using heavy duty acne fighting products (Tazorac and PanOxyl)for my hormonal acne its been as dry as the Sahara desert. I was using Nivea but I didn't feel like ordering the German made one that I love and Im on a seriously restricted budget right now. So I picked this up at wal-mart for like $5 for a large tub and now I cna honestly understand why so many women swear by this cream. Im using it twice a day. In the morning I apply it fairly lightly since it is summer but heavier at night like a night cream. I have some dry patches around my mouth and it cleared it up overnight. It's amazing for eyes. Every eye cream I try irritates my eyes but this keeps them well moisturized and happy. One thing that I was surprised it did do is help fade some of my hyperpigmentation and red marks from a bad hormonal breakout. It has not clogged my pores or made me breakout at all. If anything, Im now breaking out far less with my current routine plus this moisturizer. I may not ever go back to Nivea since this cream is budget friendly and easy to find. I even went and got a travel size to keep in my purse as its also amazing for hands, feet and dry spots.

Even though I breakout at 42 from my hormones, my once oily skin is not really oily anymore. I learn more toward the sensitive, combo to dry breakout prone category. I stay far away from silicones if possible because I found that they clog my pores more than anything else. Happy to say this cream is completely cone free which is why some acne prones can still use this. Mineral oil is not bad for you. I see most of the negative nellies on mineral oil tend to be of the younger generation that read too many poorly researched articles in Glamour/cosmo etc. Mineral oil is very safe and has been proven to be a superior oil when it comes to moisture retention in the skin. It is non comedegenic. Makeup will make you breakout and get clogs far more than any mineral oil ever will. Its been used well over 100 years in creams for a reason. It works and it works well.

on 6/10/2014 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My grandmother always used this after removing her Ponds cold cream. Compared to a lot of super rich creams out there that cost $300.00 dollars or more, this is a steal. Correctly named, Dry Skin Cream will take care of any dry patches you might have. I like to use it as an eye and throat cream. I use cold cream at night to take off my makeup, and I find that keeps the rest of my skin moist enough. However, if you have very dry skin, you might want to use this all over your face. This cream lends a soft velvety apperance to the skin. However, you need to use it sparingly. One trick if you have used too much is to take a blotting tissue and blot the excess away instead off washing it off. Personally, I don't think there is ever any need to go to bed with a gooey face. Your skin can only absorb so much cream. If you pile it on, you're not moisturizing more, you're just wasting your cream.