Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a good followup to the shampoo of the same line. I have type 4c kinky hair thas prone to dryness. I use this when i need a light conditioner or im stretching my more pricy conditioner. It smells very bice just like the shampoo. Light pink cream color with a typical slightly thick texture. Its a lighter conditioner and works pretty well as a detangler. I don't know if this will work on very tangled/matted hair but after working into my hair after shampooing it I can get my wide tooth comb through it pretty easily. It's the same price as the shampoo (about $1 or so) and avaliable at nost stores drugstores/supermarkets/big box marts etc. It has silk protein but its very low on the ingredient list. I didn't buy it for any protein effects but becuae it smelled good and it works well for my hair. It wont replace my favourite protein based conditioner that also doubles as a deep conditioner but I still love it for what it can do. Have repurchased several times and will contuine to buy it.

on 10/13/2010 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

First, if you do not like heavy fragrances then this may not be conditioner for you. This conditioner has a strong strawberry milk smell which I cannot tolerate. I bought this due to the overwhelming recommendations from the curly community and for its price. I have mixed it up in my deep conditioner concoction and it allowed me to get the consistency that I wanted. Although I wanted to try it for cowashes, I can't due to the smell. I will not repurchase but I will try the passionfruit smoothie instead. Its a lighter scent.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this product! It's the perfect moisturizing conditioner for co-washes. It's softens, moistens, and detangles the hair. Also, you can't beat the price ($.99 at most places) and the smell is delish.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I am African American and wear my hair about 2" in length and naturally curly. I bought this conditioner on a whim trying to find products that work best with my natural texture (CHEAP products). I was using Pantene Relaxed & Natural, but the conditioner just didn't work too well for me without chemically relaxed hair. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this conditioner. They key for my natural coils is moisture. The consistency of this conditioner is thin, so I use quite a bit, but it's only buck. I no-poo with this daily, then use it in conjuction with Pantene R&N shampoo. I love the way this conditioner helps define my curls and keeps them soft. I absolutely ADORE the scent of this! It's delicious! I also recently purchased the Passion Fruit Smoothie, but the jury's still out on that one. Not that the results were bad, but the results didn't quite seem as great as with the strawberry and the smell is nice, but isn't as yummy.

on 12/29/2006 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This smells like the strawberry milk I used to drink as a kid - yum! Overall, I think this is better than average, but nothing to write home about. But this does come in handy, it does moisturize while I am in the shower, but there are no effect after I'm done conditioning - I want some shine, detangling, feels-like-silk, something! But it is good, and I also use this as a Conditioner Wash sometimes. I'm tempted to give this a 4 instead of a 3 because of the smell... mmmmmm

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

For 'cone relief VO5's selection of moisture milks are the biz-zomb. The moisture milk is exceptionally thick yet some [without the ingredient of biotin] [maybe the older ones??] are still watery enough to penetrate through tangles.

Ahhhhh, also white rain energizing citrus and extra body are cool..

My hair feels more like hair, less coated, and when I comb through, like once every 3 or 4 months LOL!!! it is nice and BIG AND POOFY!!!

Yeahhh!!

I hope you all try this as well. Cones suck, imo

on 3/28/2004 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Very light conditioner that smells great!!! Too light to use by it self so sometimes I use it as a watered down leave in or in my son's hair so when kiss his head i can smell the scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I started using this about a month ago and I love it! I like the smell, and it detangles my hair pretty well. My hair is also very soft. I will definately buy again.**Edited to add- This stopped working for me. Oh well.