Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Along with the clarifying kiwi line squeeze, this is the V05 conditioner I use on the regular to cowash with. It has a light and runny consistency that can be moved around easily on the scalp, the scent is delish, it doesn't leave a discernible build up or greasiness, and the price allows me to go through it like water without batting an eyelash. These are usually available at the 99 cent or Dollar Tree along with other scents. The lack of silicones makes it a desirable cowash for curly hair. If you need a good light conditioner for daily use, and your hair is pretty healthy I would recommend this as a regular conditioner. I will continue to use as a cowash but for a conditioner I need a heavier masque to get the job done.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I like most of the Vo5 conditioners but this particular one doesn't work so well for me. After rinsing my hair feels very silky but once dried it leaves my hair feeling a bit dry and looking frizzy. I'm not sure if there's a different ingredient in it or what. I'm also not crazy about the scent; I like strawberries but this smells like a plastic-y strawberry margarita. I doubt I'll purchase this one again.

on 9/9/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Another candidate for my favorite CO-washing shampoo! It's nice and thin and it cleans without stripping, leaving my hair shiny and soft. The smell is just to die for - reminds me of when I used this stuff as a teenager! In fact, the only reason that it's not my definitive favorite is that the smell doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. Nevertheless, a really good silicone-free CO-washing option that I'll buy again and again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros

- moisturizing
- lightweight
- detangles
- no silicone

Cons

- none

Comments: A silicone-free conditioner that doesn't weigh my hair down for just a dollar. This detangles very well and works great as a leave-in, reducing frizz and making hair incredibly soft.

Will repurchase.

on 10/13/2010 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

First, if you do not like heavy fragrances then this may not be conditioner for you. This conditioner has a strong strawberry milk smell which I cannot tolerate. I bought this due to the overwhelming recommendations from the curly community and for its price. I have mixed it up in my deep conditioner concoction and it allowed me to get the consistency that I wanted. Although I wanted to try it for cowashes, I can't due to the smell. I will not repurchase but I will try the passionfruit smoothie instead. Its a lighter scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love these V05 conditioners to use as conditioner washes for my curly hair. I don't use the shampoos since they are harsh on my hair, but I just use the conditioners as you would a shampoo. It is actually very cleansing! I love the smell and rotate between all the different scents of conditioner, as I haven't seen a different in the actual formulas. These are not very conditioning unless you have finer hair or if it's a little oily. I get a about a week's worth, maybe a little more, of washes from one bottle of this. They are VERY cheap, and you can find them as low as .79 cents on sale :)

on 8/29/2009 4:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

VO5 conditioners are a curly girl's friend! They are cheap, smell good, and rinse out well. Perfect for co-washing, rinsing out henna, leave in for the beach, or mixing into a spritz. No they don't deep condition, that's what deep conditioners are for. There are a million uses for this stuff and you can get it for a buck!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love Vo5 conditoners for co-washes but this one I hate!! The smell flips my stomach upside down so fast. It is so artificially sweet. I just can not stand it. There are many other Vo5 conditioners that have excellent scents to them.

on 4/23/2008 11:42:00 PM

I use both the shampoo and conditioner. They smell absolutely delicious, the fragrance lasts all day and the products do smooth my hair. I would not use these products daily though, as I don't think they are conditioning enough for daily use. I have Aveda Smooth Infusion, TiGi, Nexus and VO5 Strawberries and Cream in rotation. I usually use Strawberries and Cream on the weekends when I want my hair to smell extra yummy!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I am African American and wear my hair about 2" in length and naturally curly. I bought this conditioner on a whim trying to find products that work best with my natural texture (CHEAP products). I was using Pantene Relaxed & Natural, but the conditioner just didn't work too well for me without chemically relaxed hair. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this conditioner. They key for my natural coils is moisture. The consistency of this conditioner is thin, so I use quite a bit, but it's only buck. I no-poo with this daily, then use it in conjuction with Pantene R&N shampoo. I love the way this conditioner helps define my curls and keeps them soft. I absolutely ADORE the scent of this! It's delicious! I also recently purchased the Passion Fruit Smoothie, but the jury's still out on that one. Not that the results were bad, but the results didn't quite seem as great as with the strawberry and the smell is nice, but isn't as yummy.