Clarins Face Treatment Oil - Lotus

Clarins Face Treatment Oil - Lotus
image 1image 2image 3

4.1

corylus avellana (hazel) seed oil, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, parfum/fragrance, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, salvia sclarea (clary) oil, nelumbium speciosum flower extract, tocopherol, citronellol, linalool, geraniol, limonene, citral, coumarin, benzyl benzoate

on 6/26/2016 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have now bought this item twice- which is unusual as I like to try new things all the time. I have oily extremely sensitive skin with breakouts and this stuff-omg. Firstly it smells like a spa all natural plant botanicals... Then it sinks so deep in your skin it cleans it from the bottom up, hydrates and moistures like nothing else. Added with clarins night time moistures on top you will have optimum hydration and glowy healthy skin 😀. Slightly expensive but lasts long long time. Worth it

Don't waste any more time and go and buy now!

on 5/11/2016 9:48:00 AM

For me, this is a perfect night-time treatment.

I haven't used this product every night (but every other night), as I was told by the girl at Sephora that this is a treatment and should be used 2-3 times a week.
It works great with my skin, feels a bit oily at first (I first mist some thermal water on my face and then use 3-4 drops), but I wake up with great skin, that isn't oil or dry (as some products for oily skin used to dry my skin out,) but looks nourished.

Don't let the price tag put you off - one bottle will last you a veeeery long time, I have had the same bottle for well over a year and used it every other night for the past year.

The scent is intense- in the beginning i kind of liked it, but after a few uses it really started to bother me. This is also the only reason why i rate it with 4 and not with 5 stars.

To Read all 265 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/26/2016 3:54:00 AM

This is one long-ass review but i wanted to share it so that someone else might learn from my experience.
I have normal-combination skin and i went through almost one-and-a-half bottles of this. I started using it two years ago just because i wanted a night-time routine of some sort. I was 20 then and knew practically nothing about fragrance in skincare being harmful. This was a highly rated facial oil and i got it.
What i loved about it (the same thing that made me repurchase it) was that it seemed to shrink whatever pimples i had and make my skin clearer. Over time however, my formerly perfect skin became acne-prone; pores i never had, appeared. I did not blame this oil for a long time and kept on using it whenever a spot appeared. Eventually, i got tired of my fucked up skin and stopped using this. I gave my skin a break for about two weeks and then started using virgin grapeseed oil at night. Let me tell you, it works as brilliantly, if not more, as this oil, especially in the reduction of pimple size. I ve been using it for a few months now and my skin is returning to its previous unblemished state. I cannot stress enough the importance of avoiding irritating substances in your skincare. I know many find fragrance in their products to be pleasing and therapy-like and I'm glad it works for them.
The ingredients list has hazelnut oil at the top. While it is moisturizing, the high oleic to linoleic acid ratio is not exactly ideal for oily, acne-prone skin.
If you are new to the facial oil routine, i would suggest you to start with rosehip or grapeseed oil. They have many antioxidants and if they suit you, you can even try blending them and applying at once. Use chemical exfoliants if you have clogged pores and non-alcoholic toners. Trust me, your skin will improve much more than it would with this oil.

This has been really helpful for my skin. Since I started using it every evening my skin has been noticeably less oily during the day, especially my nose and the sides of my nose.

HOW I USE IT

I use it at night after cleansing my face and applying serum. I don't use a moisturiser over the top, as this is enough by itself. I do use a seperate eye cream, as you shouldn't use facial oils on your eye area.

Of course my skin is oily after I put it on - it's an oil! But it sinks in overnight and when I wake up in the morning my skin looks goooood. Glowing and healthy. And as I say above, when I use it my skin is much less oily during the day.

I think my skin is general clearer with fewer blemishes, but I do still get occasional spots, mostly hormonal, so it's not a miracle worker for me. But I don't know if anything could stop me ever getting spots!

THAT SMELL THOUGH!

And the smell is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. Herbal, botanical, all of that good stuff, so it's a joy to use in my routine. And it feels so scientific squeezing the drops out of the pipette. Must be good for you, right?!

THAT PRICE THOUGH!

Yes. It is expensive (I actually asked for mine for Christmas). But it really does last for months, so use for use it's value for money.

I'd rather spend the money on this than on expensive makeup. Or an expensive cleanser, because that just washes off but this stays on your skin.

GET TO THE POINT

Do it. Just go and get a bottle now. If you like a lovely smelling, fun to use but efficacious product. JUST DO IT.

on 1/30/2016 10:32:00 PM

I have combination skin, acne scarring, some active acne. My cheeks are on the dry side, but I get oily through my t zone. I've been using this product primarily in the evening by mixing one or two drops into my moisturizer. I don't really think it does much for my skin. When applied by itself onto my skin, it makes my skin very oily. There is a lot of product for the price you are paying for. I don't think I would repurchase, it hasn't done much for me.

on 1/8/2016 8:50:00 PM

I bought this oil because I had no night time routine - serum/moisturiser or anything and I wanted to incorporate one. This one had very good reviews from almost everyone. I'm all for applying an oil on my face over some heavy cream. But this one claimed to give you soft skin and luminosity. After some success with Clarins cleansers, toners and the 'instant smooth perfecting touch', I thought this one would deliver too. It does to an extent, but having stuck with the regime for long, I don't find a dramatic improvement. I'm also skeptical if I bought a bottle that was manufactured a few years ago, although it had not expired by the time I bought it. The skin is not super soft or very luminous in the mornings. But I stick to it because I use it as a night time moisturiser and I don't have to worry about the oil on my face. The product is very light and easily absorbs into the skin. You have to use it to believe this. I was amazed at how well the skin absorbed this one. I love the smell. It is very strong and if you avoid fragrances do not buy this. The smell is quite strong and can linger for a while.
Overall: makes for an easy application, does not break out my skin, moisturised OK, but does not deliver the claims on softening skin and preventing fine lines. Still good to buy if you want a light weight yet luxurious-feel moisturiser.

on 11/19/2015 2:42:00 AM

The Blue Orchil Oil is one of my favorite face treatments, so I had high hopes for this one, as my dehydrated skin tends to become oily during the summer (which in Greece lasts at least 6 months). I also have skin that gets clogged very easily, but as this is recommended for oily skin and people have been using it while suffering from acne, I thought it would work on me too.

Well, the good thing is that despite being an oil, and not a thin one to boot, it didn't clog my skin noticeably. I don't use it on a daily basis but the days after applying it, I didn't wake up with new bumps all around my face. I also have a sensitive face that reacts to some creams/lotions, but this one didn't cause an allergic reaction despite its heavy fragrance.

On the other hand I noticed nothing different on my skin, no change for the better or worse. When I use the Blue Orchid oil, I wake up with plump, fresh skin, visibly renewed; this doesn't happen with Lotus oil.

Each time I tried to use any of these oils more than 3 times a week, I start to develop tiny milia/whiteheads all over my face, so I suggest if you have the kind of skin that gets clogged like mine does, you better use them sparringly.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this one, as I don't think it does what it claims to do which is reduce/control oiliness.

on 6/1/2015 8:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this oil for about 6 months, perhaps 4 times a week, I didn't care for it at all. The scent is too strong, it didn't do anything for my skin apart from making it really oily and clogging my pores. I found out later that it supposedly contains oils that are irritating for the skin. I wouldn't recommend it.

on 6/1/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination/oily skin with absolutely no sensitivity and have used facial oils for years. I decided to try the Clarins options because they seem enduringly popular. They are average for price among facial oils and my bottle lasted about least four months with near daily use. I found this to be a good moisturising oil and it didn't cause any skin problems but it didn't do anything miraculous compared to other oils. But using any oil period greatly improved my skin.

This was a good solid performer but not the best. It hydrates but not overly so and it doesn't block pores or lead to any breakouts. This is perhaps suited more to oilier skins than mine and I will consider revisiting it during summer as I was underwhelmed by the amount of 'glow' it provided in the winter months. The smell is nice but it also doesn't linger, like most Clarins products its a bit herbal/spa. Its quite a thick oil and takes a while to sink in but will sink in completely and doesn't contribute to oily residue on my face. I used this under makeup without any problems.

For my combination skin I prefer a much more moisturising oil in winter but I would definitely recommend this to combination skins in summer and oily skin year round. Oils have been a great addition to my skin care routine and this is a nice option. I will probably try the Blue Orchid next.

I have dealt with having oily/combination skin for a long time, especially in the T zone of my face. I tried altering my skincare and make up in terms of my cleanser, moisturiser, foundation, powders - no matter what, I would look shiny by the end of the day. For reference, I use MAC's blot powder which is the best powder I've found but does require a touch up. My friend recommended this to me and I was skeptical - especially because of the price - but found good reviews and thought I'd try it. This, along with Urban Decay's make up setting spray, is a god send. This is by far the best product I've used to keep my oil at bay and it's actually noticeable and in that sense, it is worth the money (still expensive though and there may exist alternatives). No problems with the packaging. Note that I didn't have great results from applying it as a serum on its own within my skincare routine - I found that the best thing was to add some of it to my moisturiser (Clinique's dramatically different moisturising gel).

Overall: A product that actually works. A noticeable reduction in oil and spots on the face. Gives the face a healthy glow (not shine). Expensive but worth the money. Quantity lasts for a long time. Best used when added in a moisturiser.