TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 19-24
TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer
TimeBalm ConcealerTimeBalm Concealer

3.9

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 12/18/2016 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this for and use it more or less exclusively for the under eye area. It's marketed as a full coverage concealer, but I'd say it has a medium coverage (possibly buildable to full coverage, but then you'd need to lay it on really thick, which rarely is a good idea if you've got any fine lines at all). I actually really like the formula for the undereye - it's gentle, has a creamy smooth texture and is slightly moisturizing without being oily. Pot concealers tend to look dry and cakey on me when set with powder, but this doesn't. Overall it just feels very good on the skin, I've got pretty sensitive skin around my eyes, and I've not experienced any irritation or dryness whatsoever. I have the shade Lighter than light, which is pretty much the same as my skin tone. In other words, it works well on my fair skin, but it doesn't exactly highlight. Set with powder (I mostly use Laura Mercier's Loose Powder) it doesn't crease and stays looking fresh throughout the day. It does settle into a few fine lines that I have, but I've not yet found a single concealer that doesn't, and it doesn't exaggerate them an awful lot, or anything.

The worst thing about this concealer is definitely its packaging. It's really rubbish, especially for a product in this price category. I've handled it with care (never dropped it or even travelled with it), but after just two weeks of use I noticed a small crack in the lid. I've seen countless reviews mentioning the quality (or lack thereof) of the packaging. Thebalm really needs to address this! The plastic is horribly brittle.

+ Cruelty free
+ Nice, creamy formula for the undereye area
+ The pot is a bit wider than many other concealer/cream shadow pots, which makes it possible to pick up with your finger despite having long nails
+ A few beneficial ingredients
+ 9 shades, and a range that cater to both ends of the spectrum - really fair people and people of colour
+ Pretty good coverage...

- ...though not full coverage, as it claims to be
- Majorly crappy packaging quality wise

on 4/17/2014 11:28:00 AM

I like this concealer, it is quite efficient on my darkcircles, and it blends well. A little bit goes a long way. I like the fact that it's very easy to work with, because it melts on your skin. The only thing I regret, which is why it doesn't deserve 5/5 according to me, it's that it goes into my fine lines (I'm 20 so I don't have a lot of them, but anyway). I apply it, and five minuts later, I have so smooth it again to avoid this.

on 6/27/2013 1:06:00 PM

I bought this concealer quite some time ago and while I do use it (because I haven't found anything that would work for me) - I don't like it. I have dark circles and since my eyes are a little bit bug like I also have some fine lines. This concealer does nothing for either one of those things. It's pretty cakey so I would not recommend this to anyone who has dry skin around their eye area since it sticks to every dry patch. Even though I have combination skin just minutes after applying it gets into and highlights even the smallest of wrinkles. It does cover most of the darkness under my eyes, I will give it that, but within few hours there is almost no trace of it. So I am yet to find a concealer that I like.

on 4/10/2013 2:27:00 AM

I purchased this in Light / Medium and it's a very good match for my skin. I don't have too much to say about this; it's awesome, the best concealer I've used. It is the ONLY one that doesn't crease under my eyes. I dab it under my eyes, add a light dusting of the sexy mama powder, and it's crease free all day!

I wish the jar was as cute as thebalms other stuff, but that's okay.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am very fond of this concealer. It works well all over the face, including over blemishes, scars, and under the eyes. It doesn't last more than 6 hours on me, though. I also find that I have to powder it pretty heavily to get it to set. Neither of these are deal breakers, though. I apply using the Sephora Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush #57 and a stippling motion. Many heavy concealers break me out, but the bonus with Time Balm is that it actually seems to make my skin better.

on 2/12/2013 1:38:00 PM

I was excited for this to arrive after hearing all the lovely reviews about it. I ordered lighter than light, it's true to it's shade, feels lovely on my skin and does cover well.
Despite me using eye gels, moisturisers and keeping my delicate eye area hydrated at all times this product really settled into my creases :( I'm only 19!
I then decided to use it to highlight my cheek bones as it is quite light and leaves a lovely finish, but after a while it just doesn't sit well under or over my foundation and again looks cakey like it did under my eyes.
So unfortunately, will not be buying again and will stick to my liquid concealers xox

After years of struggling with disappointing drugstore concealers and caking on extra foundation over blemishes I have seen the (lighter than) light! LOVE this concealer more than I can describe. Under my eyes this is amazing, just tap it on with my finger, rubbing seems to not work as well, either over or under foundation depending on my mood. Very creamy, light scent of something I can't quite put my finger on but can't smell unless my nose is in the pot so it doesn't bother me.

Side note: who wears any kind of makeup to bed?! This is not a night cream no matter what the fine print on the back of the pot says. Be smart, guys.

I don't know what the drama is about the cheap packaging, honestly you have to dip your finger or brush or whatever into any cream concealer since even Bobbi Brown, MAC, and Laura Mercier come in a pot that's just heavier plastic. I make sure to wash my hands and face before applying makeup and I only use it on myself and spray the top periodically with alcohol anyway. It does start to look rather oily on the surface after a few uses but does not separate like some tube liquid concealers I've had before.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this product for concealing under my eyes. I just tap my finger into the pot, you need a really little amount. I have dry skin and it doesn't accentuate it or cause flaking, it doesn't crease on me either, I do put my setting powder over it as well though.

I have it in Lighter than Light (I'm NW20/MUFE 115). I like that it has a salmony undertone, perfect for under your eyes. I do also use it for redness and acne scarring.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this. It looked like the perfect cover up, but for me it fell very short. This is not as creamy as it looks. I found this very thick and very hard to really melt into my skin. The shade for me was off - even the shade I thought would look right still looked a little orange on me. The container of this is a pain for when you try to get the concealer out. I just was not happy with this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i use this only for acne scars and blemishes. it's great for scars, it covers them nicely. and it stays put for a long time. however, it doesn't cover whiteheads and other raised blemishes well, which is mainly what i need concealer for. it also looks cakey and doesn't have as much coverage (not only on blemishes, but scars as well). i think a liquid concealer would work better for blemishes than a cream.
i've also tried to use this on my undereye area, but it's too thick to go on smoothly without tugging and pulling. but i don't recall too much creasing.
the packaging is also really cheap looking. it's nothing special at all. not worth $18.
i will use it until i run out, but won't repurchase.