3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

2 months ago

I mean... it blends well. The texture reminds me of grease paint. It smells a little like paint. It settles into fine lines. Nowhere near the over-inflated price. I don't have any issues with screw top lids, but the packaging is sort of cheap for what it is. Also, who applies concealer before bed? Just buy an eye cream or something, pigment shouldn't be on your eyes overnight.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

I must say this is a hidden gem surprise! It has great coverage, and I like the fact that it comes in cool toned pinky shades. It leaves a very natural non cakey finish. I only need a thin layer and "lighter than light" suits my skin exactly. I am not the palest so the name is slightly over exaggerated. I do agree the packaging is flimsy but I keep mine in a cabinet and so far it's held up fine. I apply it with my finger and it just blends right in. I actually prefer this to some of my high end - albeit my overall eternal favourite is still Lancôme effarcernes. But, this is my favourite ever pot concealer and I've tried a few (benefit, Youngblood, Bobbi brown, illamasqua) I recommend this and I have already purchased a backup. I was able to get these on clearance but I think even at full price they represent good value as a pot will last a long time. Mind you, I'm sure by 2/3 in, I'll possibly throw it, as these pot things often go rather hideous when they're that used up.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I just snagged this on clearance. $7.80, a bargain I couldn't pass up. I got it in the shade Lighter Than Light. Cons: It does contain talc. They need a lighter shade. This works for me because it's summer, but it may be a tad too dark by January. We'll see. Pros: Excellent coverage, as much as IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye, also Time Balm doesn't crack or crease either. It's super concentrated & the small pot will last a long time.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

3.0

2 years ago

Its quite a thick concealer so apply sparingly. I use it as an undereye concealer and it did not crease or separate. The packaging does feel very cheap though and the sponge that came with it is pretty much useless.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

This is an amazing, rarely talked about, under the radar, and totally underrated concealer...I love it, it works amazingly on dark circles especially. I normally use either Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Physicians Formula Rx Concealer, or NARS. I'm a huge fan of all TheBalm products, and have a lot, but for some reason I just never tried this before, and I will definitely repurchase. Its $18 but it's very concentrated, and a little goes along way. It's not too greasy/creamy or too drying, it works great warmed on your finger then patted in, or with a damp beauty blender. It provides medium high to full coverage with one layer. All TheBalm products are cruelty free, paraben and talc free, definitely recommend.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I have repurchased this twice. I am a very cool toned NW20, and the color "Light" works perfectly and is not too warm like so many concealers that go yellow on me. My daughter, who is in her 20s, loves this too, and she is NC20. It is creamy and goes on creamy and does not sink into or make more noticeable my under eye lines. I don't have dark circles but my daughter does and she says it covers well and lasts all day. The little pot it comes in lasts a long time too. I have been very happy with all of my products from "TheBalm". They make high quality products in cute retro packaging.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Honestly, I have tried three concealers and this one is my top choice. The great thing about the balm concealer is the color, not too reddish and it is not heavy so the result is not too patchy. The texture is not too creamy. My skin is a little bit oily and maybe that is the reason why it's not staying for a long time. The concealer works well for redness and dark spot. About the packaging, it's a little bit fragile, so the lid is easily broken.The size is small so really easy to bring it anywhere. I found the cotton was kind of useless. So it will be more useful if you use a concealer brush.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3 years ago

This my HG concelear! Very easy to work with, especially if you use the little sponge that comes with it. i'm a Nw20/25 and i got this in Light, perfect match. the saleslady explained me the all line has cool-toned undertones so if you're warm it may not be your cup of tea. Medium - high coverage with a satin finish , i find it works better with undereyes than imperfections. Summer is the worst for creme concealers even with a good setting powder and this was no exception but pairing it to the Smashbox undereye primer was the solution. i think the only flaw is in the packaging, is cheap and it broke very easily and that's a bummer considering the quality of their product. i hope they'll repackage the line.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2.0

3 years ago

Shades are too limited. I'm an NC20, and got the lightest shade, and it was too dark. If you want a good concealer try MAC, Estee Lauder, or Laura Mercier!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

I bought this for and use it more or less exclusively for the under eye area. It's marketed as a full coverage concealer, but I'd say it has a medium coverage (possibly buildable to full coverage, but then you'd need to lay it on really thick, which rarely is a good idea if you've got any fine lines at all). I actually really like the formula for the undereye - it's gentle, has a creamy smooth texture and is slightly moisturizing without being oily. Pot concealers tend to look dry and cakey on me when set with powder, but this doesn't. Overall it just feels very good on the skin, I've got pretty sensitive skin around my eyes, and I've not experienced any irritation or dryness whatsoever. I have the shade Lighter than light, which is pretty much the same as my skin tone. In other words, it works well on my fair skin, but it doesn't exactly highlight. Set with powder (I mostly use Laura Mercier's Loose Powder) it doesn't crease and stays looking fresh throughout the day. It does settle into a few fine lines that I have, but I've not yet found a single concealer that doesn't, and it doesn't exaggerate them an awful lot, or anything. The worst thing about this concealer is definitely its packaging. It's really rubbish, especially for a product in this price category. I've handled it with care (never dropped it or even travelled with it), but after just two weeks of use I noticed a small crack in the lid. I've seen countless reviews mentioning the quality (or lack thereof) of the packaging. Thebalm really needs to address this! The plastic is horribly brittle. + Cruelty free + Nice, creamy formula for the undereye area + The pot is a bit wider than many other concealer/cream shadow pots, which makes it possible to pick up with your finger despite having long nails + A few beneficial ingredients + 9 shades, and a range that cater to both ends of the spectrum - really fair people and people of colour + Pretty good coverage... - ...though not full coverage, as it claims to be - Majorly crappy packaging quality wise

About reviewer (419 reviews)

Age19-24