Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a sticky smelly product. I can't even comment it's performance because I couldn't bear the smell and the fact that it wasn't drying. Washed it off, returned the tube.

on 8/3/2015 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried this awhile back and really have mixed feelings about it. The color was nice, that I really liked. But the smell and application process is REALLY bad. As others have commented, it's very sticky and "wet" feeling. It honestly feels like it never dries! The smell isn't very good either. Way too chemically. Just an average self tanner in my IMHO.

on 5/11/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A bit greasy and sticky, smells strong and leaves skin orange ! Not a good product

on 7/25/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this product, it's sticky for a while. It goes on very thin, and it takes a long time to dry. It will stain your clothes quickly if you don't let the product dry for at least 1 hour before you get dressed.This product stays sticky to the touch for at least almost an hour.
I would recommend the Sally Hanson Airbruah Spray on Tan Makeup in Light to Medium.. You can see where this product goes and it last 1 week to 10 days before having to reapply.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For a very fair gal who has never used a tanning booth or gotten any more sun than absolutely necessary, let's just say most self-tanners scare me to death! But I moved near the beach and the peer pressure got to me. I tried the Clarins Instant Gel and all of a sudden, I'm a Tan-O-Rexic! I look like the biggest beach bunny and I never left home! Its natural, easy to apply and leaves my skin sooo silky smooth. Honestly, i played with several brands and this is the ONLY self-tanner you will ever catch me buying! Love it!

on 12/4/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Only get this if you want a very soft glow. I've used this so many times and it only shows when I use it 3 days in a row and that turns me orange. Huge waste of $45.

on 4/28/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

OK, this is the first and only self tanner iíve ever tried, so...
I have pasty white legs and no plans to sun bathe, but summerís coming, and i want to look less larval. I figured iíd test this before my legs might be visible when itís warmer. I exfoliated my legs in the shower before my first application, as recommended. I read how horrible self tanners smell, but this wasnít so terrible and the chemical scent went away fairly quickly. I applied it as suggested, with my hands, using circular motions, and i had no obvious streaking. It dried fairly quickly and didnít rub off on my clothes. It made my skin slightly less white. A week or so later, i applied a second coat without showering or exfoliating first. Still no streaking, and the skin on my legs is now a nice golden color. Not quite my natural tan color, but definitely not orange. Iím satisfied.

on 11/20/2009 8:46:00 PM

After much consideration I decided to purchase this self tanner as the sales woman at sephora raved about it.

THIS IS THE WORST SELF TANNER I HAVE EVER USED! Its basically the same quality as any drugstore brand, with all the same resuls and for 3 x the price.
The color was the opposite of natural on me. it was bright orange, which is strange considering everyone else on here seemed to end up with a gorgeous brown tan. It smelled beyond nasty, like pee almost. and it took forever to dry and left a greasy film on my face. NEVER AGAIN!! sticking with bliss's a tan for all seasons.

For a self tanner, this one has a bearable scent. Im pale with dark hair NC20, and wanted a natural looking fake tan since I dont like sun tanning. When I worked for Prescriptives, I used their self tanner which I really liked but the reviews on this one were so high that I decided to try it. It is expensive, I think I paid around $38 for it at Sephora. The texture is nice, like a lightweight gel lotion. I usually shave first and use a plain moisturizing lotion all over then wait for it to sink in, before I apply the self tanner. It does take about 2 or 3 applications to see results. The first time I used it I put it on the morning of a dance performance and to my sadness it didn't kick in in time :(. Start to use it 2 days ahead of when you want to have color. I dont use it all the time, mostly just in summer or if Im going to an event; then I start a couple days before. The color is golden and natural, Im still not a pro at applying it, especially around knees and feet. It does help to moisturize first. One bottle lasts me about 15 applications on my legs, its too expensive for me to use all the time though. Hope this helped!

on 7/27/2009 3:39:00 AM

I'm very pale normally & most self tanners either make me look orange or don't really do much of anything at all. I've tried all the drugstore name brands (L'oreal & the like) as well as some higher end ones (Bare Escentuals, Repechage,etc.) but nothing works as well as Clarins. This gel goes on so easily & dries very quickly-no tacky residue. It doesn't have that awful self tanner smell either. The result is a nice realistic looking tan with no streaks. It fades evenly as well. This is totally goof proof (provided that you exfoliate beforehand). This is my HG self tanner!