Obagi Clear

Obagi  Clear
Clear

4.2

Each gram of Obagi NuDerm Clear contains Hydroquinone USP 4 (40 mg/gm) in a base of purified water, cetyl alcohol, glycerine, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbic acid, sodium metabisulfite, lactic acid, saponins, sodium EDTA, methyl paraben, BHT, propryl paraben, butyl paraben.

on 10/18/2018 1:05:00 AM

Please see my review on the entire nuderm rx system, but given how many people on this review complain of peeling, redness, irritation etc with clear, I just want to emphasize you will have MUCH less, if any of that if you get your skin used to AHAs and retin-A prior to starting this.

on 3/16/2018 3:35:00 PM

In response to the review as well, Obaji Nuderm is an excellent system as is this product. It will give you super clear skin. It's designed to improve texture, age spots, promote clarity, appearance of pores etc. However, you should be in contact with a good derm or clinic who is working with you on this regime. You will absolutely undergo some serious peeling and irritation. Like major. I fortunately had a great skin care coach to help me through. Suggest you get some very basic healing creams for times when you just can't take it. Like La Roche or even the Obaji cream (can't remember name) but it's part of the system and its just thick and basic. Good luck!

on 3/16/2018 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

In response to the prior reviewer, I have used this for several years along with Environ products (all recommended by my derm). I use this combo several times per week. For me, this is an excellent 4% HQ. My skin looks clear, bright and smooth. I have dry, mature, sensitive skin and this prod hasn't bothered me in any way. The only negatives are that it hasn't removed a few red spots, but it did remove all the brown ones. And at the end of the "tube", it's hard to get out. If you remove the top inside sealer, then it flows out fine. I also store it upside down. I have tried other Obagi prods, but I like Environ better. As long as any dark spots remain or pop up, I'll still use the Obagi Clear, but have switched out the rest (cleansers, toners,serums, AHA's, retinols, etc). to other less high powered brands (Environ, Natura Bisse, Perfectly Posh, Exuviance, PTR, etc).

on 3/16/2018 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Are there any recent reviews for Obagi nuderm? All the reviews are from like 2010 and around there I need some more information on the nuderm system. I think it's ruining my fair skin. I have red spots that sting and are sore plus the peeling that I heard was to be expected. I recently went into a skin care store and the manager said to stop using Obagi immediately because it's irritating and ruining my skin. Any one out there use this stuff and have decided to stop? I have used it about 2 weeks so far. thanks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Obagi Clear is a lotion containing 4% hydroquinone, a skin lightening agent. Hydroquinone with tretinoin is considered the gold standard for fading dark spots and melasma--it's the dream team for sun damage--and penetration will be enhanced by using an AHA lotion too, also part of obagi's line up. It's undoubtedly effective and don't worry, it's considered completely safe when used under proper medical supervision. The issue I have with all obagi is the price--generic hydroquinone would be just as effective, but our derms and estheticians would get a smaller cut. And as this ingredient is prescription only in Europe, they have us over a barrel :/

on 1/13/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using Obagi on and off for a few year; I find myself going back to it to smooth, tone and clarify my skin. I've done the expensive laser treatments for toning/age spots and find following up with continued use of this product gives the best lasting results. My skin tone evens out and last as ling as I use it. When I stop the spots gradually come back regardless of laser or product use. I haven't tried an intensive chemical peal... yet.

This stuff is amazing. Totally gets rid of any age spots, discoloration or acne stars

on 7/20/2015 3:39:00 AM

I've had a long history of whiteheads ( closed comedones) - ever since I was 17 I could remember squeezing them and my mom commenting on me having ''bumpy skin''. My acne had always been moderate - it's the damn whiteheads that kills my skin texture.

First 2x I used it by itself & had to stop because it seemed to aggravate my whiteheads on top of causing flakes and irritation. It was almost like whiteheads were trying to burst through that intense layer of flakiness and failed, so instead sat there collecting. ugh.

The only difference I could think of is that this time around I used retin a in conjunction w obagi clear. I'm happy to report for the 1st time in so many years I touch my skin and it feels smoooooth. The whiteheads are 90% gone.

Now my face still flakes up & looks pinkish without makeup - but the flakes have progressed from scaly to big, soft, moth-wing pieces ( dunno if it's weird to say I now admire my flakes but...coming from faux-croc flakey...they are now so sheer and piecey and fluffy! like peeling the membrane off an egg!). It took me 2 full months. Hang in there.

**I've noticed that on my sensitive days skipping the exfoderm after clear have stopped my irritation. Exfoderm makes me extremely itchy.

-----------------------------------------
Side Note on Flakes:

Products that have proved helpful along the way:

1) Makeup artists choice Mandelic toner & serum - although i suspect any type of aha would do. Seemed to helped speed up flaking quite a lot. Keeps zits in check. Could be intense but skin gets used to it after a while. I use it when I'm not using Vitamin C serum.

2) Clarisonic. I didn't introduce it to my regime till after my face has adapted to the retin a/ obagi clear somewhat. Intially I tried to use it to clean off flakes, and it irritated my face.

3) Avene Cicalfate: I've tried both Cicalfate & Cicaplast - Cicalplast burned my face. To be fair when i tried cicalplast my skin was already burning from trying out a new sunscreen - anyhow it made things worse. Cicalfate has less convenient metal tube packaging but worked better for me.)

4) Noxema. Tingles, but doesn't burn. Even better, it helped remove the flakes! I leave it on for half an hour then wash it off.

5) Those cheap exfoliating cotton pads that sell for $3/bag at target. Use them right after Noxema - work miracles in wiping off the flakes.

6) Avene Light hydrating sunscreen spf 50 - not too great under makeup, but by far the most gentle, tolerable sunblock for sensitive skin.

* Random products I've tried that were easily tolerated:

Aveeno foaming face wash, CeraVe foaming gel cleanser, Sekkisei herbal mask( as an aftersun treatment), Korres wild rose mask, Kiehl's avocado eye cream ( helped dry eyes), pretty much all essential oils and oil cleansers ( I only tried them - didn't use them as I was afraid too much oil should slow down peeling...)

* Random popular products I've tried that seriously hurts:

CeraVe moisturizing lotion ( burns); Obagi Pro-C Suncare SPF 30 (yellow cap bottle) - Hurts and itches; also works terrible under concealer even when I was not on Obagi clear; La Roche-Posay spf 46(? the best seller one) - Hurts and itches; Origins active charcoal mask

Pretty random list, but hope this helps someone.

on 4/19/2015 9:36:00 AM

This stuff is awesome.I use it with tret, obagi 20% c serum, and obagi cexfoliating day lotion.Powerful line up!Since you start peeling right away my derm said to use vaseline every couple of sdays to allow the skin to heal. the price is crazy but think about all the crap we use that does nothing to fight aging.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is great and lightens faster than Control Corrective's and Clinique's skin brighteners. Be careful to only use it on dark spots or scars.