Corn Silk Loose Powder

No Image

4.6

on 6/28/2016 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got this loose powder in the semi-matte version, paid about 7,50 euros.
I can safely tell I love it! Even if it's my first loose powder ever, I think I won't be looking elsewhere, because I'm fully satisfied.
It comes in an elegant black box, and the powder is kept inside a plastic black package with golden details. So vintage and classy! The sponge is white and fluffy, and works perfectly as primary sponge for applying it.
I absolutely adore the smell. Powders' smell make me think of old elegant ladies, but this one smells like your dearest grandma. I know it might sound weird, but sniffing it kind of relaxes me, in a tender way.
It has an interesting high percentage of walnut powder, which comes right after talc in the ingredients.
The powder itself look beige, but it's totally translucent when applied. I paired it with my month darling, Bourjois CC cream, and they work like best buddies. It totally helped the cc cream last way longer, because when I apply the cream alone, it fades after some hours; but paired with this powder, tonight I noticed the cotton pads turning intense brown and, since I applied the tiniest amount of powder (for example, I didn't wear any on the neck) I can safely tell say was the cc cream being kept safe under the extra layer of product. And, after a very hot and busy day, it's really a plus.
The tiniest amount really makes you look gorgeous in one strike of brush. Really! Your foundation might be not 100% perfectly blended, but some of this loose powders photoshops you! Blush also looks incredibly better on such a smooth base.

The only, let's say, problem, is that the box is huge. Very huge. It barely fits in my beauty bag, so I have to keep it in my bathroom closet. I wouldn't take it in the bag because I'm somehow afraid the box might open. Oh and definitely use a brush, because the hairy sponge pad provided in the box looks as nice as it works terribly. Makes you look full of cracks as soon as you do any facial expression (true story. I retouched my face once with the sponge when I was in a hurry in the car and yeah, bad bad bad choice, don't let me get into details).

I love this loose powder!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought the loose powder in original satin, and for me it's been one of the best makeup purchases I've made for ages.
I first used Corn Silk powder in the pressed version years ago and then kept changing brands for some reason - Loreal (meh, ok for every day); Maybelline (absolute rubbish); Revlon (worst I've ever had); Benefit (too yellow and expensive); Max Factor (good but too orange) - round and round the choices went until I came back to the old favourite.
This time I'm sticking with it as it's perfect for my pale combination skin. It's a true translucent powder, in that any amount of yellow or orange in makeup will stand out like a neon light on me. This doesn't show up at all, it just makes my skin look all smooth and airbrushed. It's perfectly compatible with my foundation ( YSL Teint Eclat in BR10) too. There is a little bit of shimmer but not too much, just a subtle amount.
The only little gripe I have is that the packaging is not brilliant - it might look good but you'd need to firmly tape it shut or the powder will get everywhere if you want to take it with you somewhere. Still, I would definitely buy another when it runs out (I've already got the matching pressed powder version).

on 6/14/2013 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product for oily skin!! Love this powder and is one of my makeup essentials :)

I've been using max factor face finity for years and have also tried estee lauder, chanel, yves st laurent you name it I've bought it often spending a fortune on face powder.
Cornsilk is by far the best loose powder for me and for once in my life it's also very affordable 6.00. I found mine in boots but you can buy it online, amazon definately stock it.
I use the satin version which leaves a matt yet luminous finish. It doesn't clogg pores and looks so natural...I was really down about my skin lately and this has transformed me I just love it. I use a little concealer where I have breakouts then just powder my dace with Cornsilk and that's enough coverage for me, it blends into your skin tone whether pale or tanned.
Try this girls you will love it and so will your purse!! (wallet)

on 2/21/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I totally agree with the previous reviewers.
This is an excellent translucent powder for oily skintypes. It prevents shinyness for hours, makes your skin look good and matches a wide range of skintones. I've tried other far more expensive brands but I keep coming back to this one. A simple, no nonsense powder but the best as far as I'm concerned!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would never say that any product is my HG product,however I would say that because of my dry skin,I use to try and avoid applying loose powder as I just use to find that it would accentuate my dry/flaky areas.
I first used this product years ago at least fifteen years ago,and during this time I have intermittently tried other loose powders.
This particular brand does exactly what it says,it does not sit on top of your skin but blends seamlessly in to your skin.It has a slight beige tone to it,once it is applied it seems to become invisible and has a satin smooth finish.It can be applied with the powder puff and it helps to adhere to the skin when gently pressed in,and it becomes extremely long wear.
If you apply with a powder brush it gives a rather flawless professional finish.For the price you get a phenomenal amount of powder,it lasts ages.The powder is very light,even if you loaded your brush,it would make no difference.The packaging is basic,and I do prefer the loose powder rather than the compact.I do not use much compact powder as I apply so well that I have never felt the need to carry a compact with me all the time.I do not use this powder all the time but do use it in my rotation.It used to be sold in small chemists and Boots but it is becoming harder and harder to find this product.
If you have dry skin like me and at times it becomes flaky,then I would definitely recommend this one.Please see some of my other reviews which will inform you of some additional products you may purchase.
Thank you for reading.

on 8/4/2010 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this powder for about 15 years - I have tried other brands but always go back to this. The colour is translucent but yellow toned so good for brown skin. It does not turn orange by the end of the day. It works just as well as the more expensive brands of powder I have tried (e.g Bobbi Brown) and you can reapply without it caking and looking obvious. Doesn't block pores. A great product.

on 9/20/2009 8:02:00 PM

I've used this product for years as a finishing touch to my liquid foundation. I have tried more expensive powders and this one works just as well as the expensive varieties. I recommend it!

on 5/21/2009 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have been using this powder for 5 years and it never fails to do its job of keeping my oily T zone matt throughout the day without drying out my cheeks. My hg face powder.

on 7/5/2005 3:22:00 PM

This is my HG powder. I don't use liquid foundation because I don't like wearing makeup I can feel, and I don't like having to blend foundation to match my skin tone. I have used Cover Girl and Almay pressed powders, which can feel heavy in the summertime, and Corn Silk pressed and loose powders blow them all away. Corn Silk is light and blends beautifully no matter what you are (or aren't) wearing underneath, and it never cakes or looks powdery if you use moisturizer before putting it on. You look just like yourself, only with less shine! I will always buy this product as long as they make it.