3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I say if you’re going to try this musk today do not buy the spray edt or edp as they do not smell as good as the oil. I’ve noticed in many reviews that the perfume spray doesn’t smell the same as it used to. I agree with that assessment and recommend the oil as that was their original product the perfume sprays came later. The oil on the other hand imo is less fake smelling or the musk components are there. No, this will never be as good as a musk made back in the day with nitro musks, but the oil at least isn’t harsh. This has a light Jovan musk scent and it’s a touch soapy but not too much. You won’t smell too clean as the oil turns into a sweet musky skin scent when it dries down. So if you’re a musk lover go for the oil because that’s your best bet if you want to enjoy the musk in this scent.

About reviewer (912 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

It used to be one of the best perfumes out there. I was greatly disappointed when the perfume lasted only for an HOUR! It used to last forever, even after you washed the dress/shirt you applied it on. Product was also purchased from a store known for their perfume section. Unless someone can convert me to have faith in this perfume again, I'll never buy again - ever.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

My 80's high school fragrance. I wouldn't mind trying it again.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

1.0

8 years ago

I'm a big lover of cheap and cheerful drugstore musks and always game to try a new one (or old but new to me one, in this case.) I especially adored the idea of adding a musk fragrance to my collection that's been around since 1968. Unfortunately, I didn't get on with the two formulations of Alyssa Ashley that I tried (edt and perfume oil.) Anyone interested in this scent should skip the edt: after a short, sheer burst of sweetness with a hint of green peeping through, the scent evaporated from my skin after less than 10 minutes. I actually thought I might be anosmic to it, but trying the edp and the oil put that fear to rest. The perfume oil I purchased is the purse-size little vial with the stick applicator, packaging that is both tacky and adorable at the same time, and so convenient for travel. Shame, then, that the perfume oil is totally cloying on me and seems to aggravate my sinuses. I don't detect much of anything floral here, just strong, flat baby powder soapiness. The worst thing is that once dry down has been mostly completed, I am left with what I perceive as a burnt plastic smell lingering on my skin which is very unpleasant. Despite their average to poor lasting power, I vastly prefer Jovan Musk and The Body Shop's White Musk in perfume oil formulation to Alyssa Ashley's, as both Jovan's and The Body Shop's musk formulations have a bit more floral depth with none of the bitter, cloying, thickly artificial dry down.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

8 years ago

I have read many comparisons to Jovan musk which I have loved for ages! I like this but I wanted to comment to say I don't find any comparison they simply smell quite different to me. I feel embarrassed to say I tossed a bottle my mother gave me some years back not realizing that scents don't usually "go bad." I wish I had the bottle now. The 70's seemed to have a commonality in scent from perfumes to shampoos, lotions, etc. This is very much of that time but still lovely.

About reviewer (619 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I got to admit, all of the reviews are pretty accurate about this fragrance. I purchased the fragrance oil, not the spray that has alcohol. There is an initial synthetic metallic scent which I didn't like. However, within 30 minutes, it subsided and I could no longer smell the strange scent. Then something else unbelievable set in. The most beautiful fragrance I have ever used. Like the previous reviewers, I notice that this fragrance tend to blend in with natural skin very well creating a very lovely, natural, fresh, clean, sexy scent that I can never find at any stores from high end to low end. I will definitely repurchase. The fragrance oil smells so much better than the spray. I simply cannot endure the fragrance spray probably due to excessive alcohol and metallic smell.

About reviewer (181 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

EyesViolet

from

9 years ago

I love the Musk perfume oil. Yes, it's cheap (around $14 at most chain drugstores) and the bottle is ugly. But it smells so good--a warm and fresh skin scent. It melds well with my skin chemistry and simply smells good. It's a perfect everyday/at-the-office fragrance.

About reviewer (115 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I purchased the oil version from Overstock and, while it's pleasant enough, something was bothering me about this fragrance. I just figured out what it is- somehow I smell like my dear Chanel No. 5 -wearing mother-in-law! Love her, don't want to smell like her. I was in Sears the other day and saw that they carry the EDT and bath products, so I think I'll see if I can improve it by layering, because it is a nice clean fragrance.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

from

9 years ago

HG musk for me. I have this in edt (discovered and purchased yesterday), edp and the perfume oil. I tried the cologne version and it was awful to my nose so didnt give the edt a chance. Jovan musk perfume hardly lasted on me but the AA Musk perfume oil though both appear quite similar (jovan musk oil seems animallic) lasts for several hours on my skin. All versions of AA Musk are very similar. The edt is lighter but that wonderful clean sweetness is there and i can smell this on my skin after 4 hours. The edp seems more muskier. The oil is less musky and a cross between the edt and edp and 'thicker'. It all depends on which version works for you. Edp is less commonly found. I bought my edt from a local store. However this and the oil are available on Fragrancedirect UK. It has taken me years to find the HG musk that works on my skin that even my beloved TBS white musk doesnt do.

About reviewer (247 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I can't comment on the EDT formulation of this scent, but the oil is wonderful to my nose. I find it to be somewhat similar to Jovan Musk, but a bit cleaner. If you're in search of an animalic musk, you're looking in the wrong direction here. This is clean, freshly showered skin, non-offensive and comforting. Ultra shampoo clean (think vintage, balsam shampoo like Flex) mingled with a dab of musk and flowers. I don't imagine that this would offend or aggravate allergies since it warms and blends with the smell of skin. When I smell this I don't put an age on it, I'd say this probably isn't for young girls who like smelling like tooty-fruity bubble gum explosions, but honestly a person of any age could pull this scent off because it's clean, mild, and a true classic.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm