Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.3

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

I bought it because I wanted a translucent powder, as I'm very pale with a strong yellow undertone and I was sick of coloured powders which had the wrong undertone/shade and ruined my makeup. This is not translucent. It's not completely stark white, but it is white and noticeably alters the colour of my makeup.
It's not mattifying, either. It actually causes me to become slightly shiny all over my face after about 2 hours, which is especially strange since most of my face is not oily at all. It's as if I never applied powder to begin with.

Doesn't do a thing, looks invisible, not sure what the difference is between this and baby powder...

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have the banna powder and it is great no complains at all i love it and the price isnt over the top like it can be with some other powders

on 3/3/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This powder is excellent at setting foundation, causes no pattchy dry bits and does not effect your foundation colour at all (so long as you don't use too much). Yet somehow it creates a sort of flawless look. Can be used for subtle contouring in areas you want to highlight but not wanting to look greasy (forehead etc). Use quite a dense brush and deliberately pat on too much powder, leave for a bit then gently brush off excess. Nice and cheep too. Lovely.

HOWEVER if you have acne you really can't us this everyday. It's okay for nights out or special occasions but will brake you out if you use it everyday. So sad cause it's really beautiful.

on 2/28/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG. Amazing amazing! This powder is life changing for me because I've never used a setting powder/translucent because they usually clog on me + cause breakouts, but this stuff just sets all my makeup and makes it stays the whole day. I never thought my oily skin will ever ever experience a non greasy day but with this!!!

on 3/19/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite powder, lasts ages, sets every foundation I've tried and lasts all day. only downside is the bottle. I paid about 8 pound for it online for it in the UK and compared it to my usual powder which I pay more than double that price for for 0.75 oz and this is a 3oz. Best value powder out there with amazing results.

on 1/29/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Uugh. I'm sorry, maybe I am just too spoiled after using Mac blot.. but this does not compare.

Talc is the main ingredient here, and kaolin is the main one in Mac blot. They're uncomparable, sorry.

This makes my foundation look awful (Colorstay) and I'm oily in two or three hours. D:
Very disappointed. Back to the expensive Mac! haha. Maybeline dream matte mousse is pretty good too.

EDIT: While this is cakey over foundation, this week I've been trying it alone over my moisturizer. It seems to work better this way, so it probably depends on which foundation you're using. HOWEVER...it cakes under my eyes still, so it's not that impressive.

on 1/14/2014 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Perfect. This powder doesn't cake, doesn't alter tone, and sets your makeup all day. Plus its dirt cheap! The container isn't awesome but I just tap some out into an old powder cap and I'm good to go. Plus it lasts forever.

on 11/22/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this powder. Still doesn't quite keep me matte all day but does keep my makeup from sliding around on my face; a quick blot with blotting paper or powder and I'm good to go! Plus the price is amazing; I got a huge tub of it for about £15, which will take me ages to use up.

The only shame is about the packaging, which is a little annoying and doesn't travel well. But on the other hand if they spent more on packaging that would increase the price, and you can buy sifter jars online for not very much.

I some people have mentioned the ingredients on here, saying that it's like putting deodorant on your face, which I guess it is. What I don't get is why this is such a big deal? You put deodorant on you underarms, and the skin there is much more sensitive and thin than the skin on your face. As long as it's not irritating your skin I think the ingredients in this are fine.

on 9/13/2013 6:11:00 PM

I love this product! Before purchasing this Ben Nye powder I used MAC translucent powder comparing the two products you get a lot more of the Ben Nye powder for less than half of what you would pay for the MAC powder. I paid about $8 for the 1.75g container and I have had this for over a month and am not even half way through it! Trust me when I say the smallest amount goes along way. The thing I love most about this product besides the price is that it doesn't leave you with a white cast on your face and you literally apply it once and you won't need to retouch your make up allday. Since Ben Nye is used for theatrical purposes when you sweat your make up won't smudge or go anywhere. I have purchased almost all of the Ben Nye powders and was impressed with everyone of them. Just give you an idea of how much product your getting for your money with the translucent powder the largest size they sell is an 8 oz. jar which retails for only $13 talk about a deal!