Avon Nurtura moisturizer

Avon Nurtura moisturizer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

WATER/EAU ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE GLYCERIN GLYCERYL STEARATE STEARIC ACID CETEARYL ALCOHOL GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) STEROLS LANOLIN ALCOHOL BENZOPHENONE-3 CETEARETH-20 IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA SALICYLAMIDE TRIETHANOLAMINE CARBOMER CHOLETH-24 PARFUM/FRAGRANCE CETETH-24 HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE BHT CYAMOPSIS TETRAGONOLOBA (GUAR) GUM RED 4 YELLOW 5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Nurtura cream has been around and has been a staple product for many people for a long time. It is one of the few products that Avon has had the good sense to NOT discontinue. It is a very moisturizing cream, but I will say that I find it TOO much for my face on a regular basis. My skin is dry and sensitive, and if it is feeling especially dry or has some irritated area, I will use this and it helps a lot, even on a cut or scrape on the body. But it is too much for every day use. I also find it excellent for thinning skin on the tops of the arms- GREAT for that- it seems to strengthen it somehow. Very good for hands as well. The scent is not great, and hard to describe- sort of a medicine or sunscreen scent? But it does fade after a couple of hours. It is one of those products that you always like to keep on hand, and it is inexpensive when it is on sale, usually around $3. Regular price is $8, and the jar is about 2 ounces. I stock up when it is on sale as well as stocking up on any other Avon product because I do not have a rep and I buy the things I need when you can get free or reduced shipping on line.
I am not a huge fan of too many Avon products, but I do like this, the makeup brushes, and the eye shadow single in brown/black which I use for brow powder. I have posted reviews on those items, too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have extremely dry flaky skin so I tried this to see if it would help & it did! For me it works but I would add a word of caution if you have normal, combination or oily skin as this would turn you into an oil slick! I don't mind the fragrance, it reminds me of my granny, roses and vintage spring to mind but I can see how this might be off putting for some people.

Use sparingly even with dry skin

on 11/14/2014 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I did not like this product at all for my face, mainly because it's just way too strongly fragranced. Kind of a soapy orange blossom scent, which I don't mind actually, just not on my face. If you have sensitive skin, skip this stuff.

That said, I LOVE it on my body. My skin gets really dry in the winter, but I really hate the sticky/greasy feeling of most creams, and regular lotions don't seem to do anything at all. This stuff is great though, it is highly moisturizing but sinks in almost immediately and feels silky. It even works for my elbows, knees, and hands. I actually would repurchase this for my body despite the fact that the jar is small (1.7 oz) because it frequently goes on sale for $3.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this stuff! I am convinced that this moisturizer in combination with my Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser has cured my scaly, itchy, flaky, dry skin.

A little back story: I used to have normal-combo oily skin since forever. All of a sudden back in Sept-October my skin because noticeably drier to the point where I had flakes on my face all day. No moisturizer would cure it even used twice to three times daily. Not even pure black castor oil on my face at night. I was devastated because my makeup would look absolutely HORRID with dry scaly skin underneath. I had remember that my mom used to use avon nurtura when I was growing up but I didnt because it was oily and made me breakout. I had lost all hope and decided to order and try it anyways.

It has been just about a month now and my skin has done a 180. Minimal to no flakes if I use twice a day at morning and night. My skin literally is soft as a babys bottom! I can wear makeup confidently as of a week ago when the flakes and scales literally stopped over night!

It you have dry itchy facial skin you must must must try!! The fragrance gave me a slight headache at first but now I am used to it.

on 10/5/2013 1:18:00 PM

I have very dry, sensitive skin and this is one of my favourite moisturizers. It even clears up my acne. This moisturizer works immediately and gets rid of the feeling of tight, dry skin. I only need to use a tiny amount. It works so well I only need to put it on once a day.

Pros: not expensive and super moisturizing
Cons: has a fragrance

on 2/27/2013 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have used this moisturizer off and on for years and it makes my face feel wonderful. Good moisturizer!

on 1/24/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very good moisturizer if you have sensitive skin like mine. I can't use moisturizers with all kinds of ingrediants in them. It's nice and light and hydrates my skin without irritating it like most moisturizers do. I have oily skin and need a very light moisturizer and this one works great. It does have a slight faint smell to it but it's really not that bad. I use it at night and sometimes in the morning right after i wash my face and my skin is always so soft. I rather use this than most expensive moisturizers I have on hand.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This product has the worst smell ever, I wished I had read the reviews prior to buying. It was super cheap though, so maybe I can use as a hand cream if I can get used to the smell. It has great reviews on ma, so maybe it's a decent moisturizer.

on 9/19/2012 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Last winter I was having a major dry skin episode, peelies and all. I tried several cheap DS cremes and none of them did a thing but make my peelies seem like I smeared them with grease. This was in the Avon book for $1.99 at the time so I figured I'd buy a couple and give it a try. Wow, this stuff is just plain amazing and my peelies disappeared overnight. This is now a staple for me and I use it everynight. It does have a floral scent that I could live without but I don't notice it anymore and it doesn't take away from the product at all. If you have dry skin, try this! You will be amazed like I was.

on 8/26/2012 1:21:00 PM

I LOVE this moisturizer!! What can I say, it has transformed my skin. The texture is rich, but not too heavy, and feels light and dewy on my face. I put it on morning and night, and it really does give my skin a glow, and makes it firmer, and even plumped up a bit. Keeping my skin young looking is so important, as I want to always look healthy and glowing, and this, along with taking fish oil supplements, has worked wonders for my skin! I'm very pleased, and recommend this product=)