L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Fresh Wear Liquid Foundation

L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Fresh Wear Liquid Foundation
Infallible 24HR Fresh Wear Liquid Foundation

2.9

OCTINOXATE6.743250TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.5910 COSMETIC INGREDIENTS WATER, DIMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL DENAT., TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PERLITE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, NYLON-12, ISOPROPYL LAUROYL, SARCOSINATE, DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE,, PHENOXYETHANOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, HYDROGEN, DIMETHICONE, DIPENTAERYTHRITYL, TETRAHYDROXYSTEARATE/TETRAISOSTEARATE, FRAGRANCE, SILICA SILYLATE, ACRYLONITRILE/METHYL METHACRYLATE/VINYLIDENE,,, CHLORIDE COPOLYMER, TOCOPHEROL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, SILICA, ISOBUTANE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BHT CITRONELLOL MAY CONTAIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE FIL CODE B224547/1

on 2/21/2019 6:11:00 AM

I just read Slok87's review, and I thought "that sounds almost like I could have wrote that myself"! Her experience is so similar to mine.

I still here everyone on YouTube raving about this, like it's the best drugstore foundation they have ever tried, and I just don't get it. I have tried everything-many different primers, moisturizers, oils, whatnot. Different brushes, different sponges, fingers, nope. Even on the days I can make it look initially decent, as the day goes on it looks flakier and more textured. Most of the days I wore it I went home at lunch and took my makeup off and redid my makeup. I was too embarrassed to continue the day because I looked so flaky, dry and old. It looks ok on parts of my face, not on others. There is nothing "fresh wear" about this for me. My skin is combo/dry, but not like crazy dry.

I would never buy this again.

on 2/21/2019 4:26:00 AM

As I write this I really want to go scrub my face because I can feel my skin being kind of tightened/dried out from this. It is so uncomfortable! I usually use Estee Lauder Double Wear or Armani Power Fabric and love them both, but had heard great things about this foundation and thought it would be good if I could find a cheaper foundation to wear to work. This is a cheaper foundation but so not worth it--this was bad enough that I would rather keep paying 3x as much for high end foundation.

The shade selection is huge but most shades pull kind of orange. The swatches I've viewed online don't look orange at all but when I swatched in the store, a lot of them pulled orange when they dried. I settled on True Beige which was the least orange shade I could find that was closest to my skin (2N1 in ELDW, NC25ish except more neutral/olive, maybe lighter) but it is a bit too light; however, the darker shades were all too orange or too pink.

Even if I could find a color match, though, I still would not be happy with this foundation because it doesn't look great. There are definitely worse drugstore foundations--but this is not great. I have combination skin and had applied serum, moisturizer and primer before this foundation went on and it still sunk into fine lines and pores. Once the foundation had set and I started applying blush, I could see the foundation starting to move under my blush brush. So I had to use the lightest of touches with blush and highlighter to keep this foundation from moving around. I can also feel this sitting on my face and it is not comfortable. I used one pump and it looks a little cakey. It's medium coverage that somehow gets cakier as the day goes on. It looks very nice over the parts of my skin that don't have any visible pores or lines--so the parts of my face that don't need foundation anyway. But any skin issues are exacerbated by this foundation. And it's really uncomfortable. So uncomfortable.

All that said this isn't the absolute worst drugstore foundation ever, it does last all day once it's on (as long as you don't touch it) and if you have really oily but otherwise flawless skin and can find a good color match this might be a good foundation for you. It's not for me. Not only would I not repurchase this but I will be giving away or tossing the remainder of this product.

on 2/14/2019 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Edit:
Unfortunately, I am taking off 2 lippies. While this is an amazing foundation, I don’t recommend it if you have rosacea or sensitivity to alcohol. This looked amazing the first day, but after a few days of wearing this foundation, my combo rosacea prone skin is now, extremely dry. It also has a strong fragrance, so if you dislike fragrances in your foundation, not for you.
HOWEVER... if I do apply a drop of rosehip seed oil to this foundation, my skin does feel more comfortable. I believe it might be a better one for summer. If you have oily skin, you will love this foundation. I’m just not happy with alcohol being so high up on the ingredient list and I don’t like the feeling of it sucking the moisture out of my skin.

I’m in love with this foundation!
I’m in my mid30s, combo dry in the winter acne and rosacea prone.
This foundation smoothes my pores, has medium coverage, buildable to full, and seriously lasts all day!
I was afraid it was going to look too matte and cling to my dry patches like the 24h maybelline superstay, instead it has a natural finish and does not accentuate texture.
This foundation is still more on the matte side, but a comfortable natural matte.

As for the shades. I am NC20, but made the mistake to buy 430 ivory buff, which is too dark and seemed to oxidize a bit. However, it will be perfect for summer.
I then went back and was debating between 420 true beige, or 425 linen.
Although I prefer more of a yellow undertone, linen is a bit too yellow for me, so I finally went with 420, true beige. I’m so glad I did! The color match is perfect! It still has a yellow undertone but just looks more natural to me.

Definitely recommend

on 2/14/2019 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation. It blends easily and gives me great coverage. It lasts all day. It helps keeps my oiliness and pores in check. I will definitely buy this one again.

on 2/10/2019 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edited-- not for me. I have combo skin, but dry from BP gel that makes it shiny throughout the day. No matter how much of a moisturizer or hydrating primer I wear or mix with this or prep my skin, the denat. alcohol causes my skin to flake. I wore this for one day, and it wore well, looked ok, blurred a bit, but when I got home, parts of my face looked like the Sahara desert if my skin stretched just a little when I moved my face. Applied it again, mixed with my moisturizer and over a hydrating primer-- flakes. Just too dry for my skin.

I didnt think this had a smell, but it does. It smells like fragranced alcohol. Returning/donating.

on 1/23/2019 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Woww this is a true everyday, natural looking foundation. Slightly dewy almost natural but not drying. I like to apply this stuff with damped sponge. But brushes apply also as beautifully. This foundation sets really nicely, sometimes i really don’t need to use my powder. It stays all day, the only con is after 10 hours it can look like bit drying on my very dry t-zone. But other than that this foundation is bomb! Absolutely in my top 5 drugstore foundations. Very good option for dry skin if you want non drying but also not greasy foundation. Perfect in the middle foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. Between MAC NC15 and NC20. I haven't tried the new MAC shades so for now, I'll continue to mix these two shades half and half. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-forties, some sun damage, and fine creases on my forehead which I get Botox for. I use Retin A once a week. I have dark red/brown hair and green eyes without any brown in them, almost blue. I feel like I have weird colouring which is why I sometimes struggle with finding a matching foundation shade.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ "Our Most Lightweight, Breathable Longwear. Be Unstoppable. Introducing our breakthrough longwear foundation with breathable-skin technology. Up to 24HR Fresh Wear Foundation provides medium-to-full buildable coverage that lasts all day and allows the skin to breathe. The formula's three oil absorbers resist sweat, water, and transfer. The ultra-thin liquid goes on smoothly to give a fresh, healthy-looking complexion that lasts. Color stays true and blends in evenly, so your makeup looks fresh all day. Non-comedogenic and formulated with SPF, this foundation is suitable for all skin types. In 30 shades for every skin tone."

PACKAGING~ Glass bottle with a pump.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ Thin and runny liquid.

APPLICATION~ L'Oreal says to use a brush, fingers or beauty blender. I've only used a beauty blender so far and it works well.

FINISH~ I can't find which type of finish L'Oreal claims this has, which is odd but it's not dewy or matte, it's sort of satin and skinlike. It's a natural type finish, not overly matte or shiny. Bronzer, blush and highlight blend well.

COVERAGE~ One layer gives me a pretty solid medium coverage and it layers well.

STAYING POWER~ My skin is oily and this lasts on me. The real test is around the sides of nose where my pores are really large and many foundations just slough off and make me so greasy. This is still there at the end of the day, my skin is not greasy or even oily.

It is currently the dead of winter her in the BC, Canada interior so I can use a much larger range of foundation types, many I couldn't even think of wearing in the summer without them just melting off my face. But, I am still surprised that I can wear this all day for 12 hours without it getting oily given the reviews on YouTube. Oily YouTubers seem to hate it so, it just goes to show, if it's a product you can afford to try, go for it. No idea how it last for 24 hours, who wears foundation that long? I put a light dusting of MAC Studio Fix powder foundation (NC25) on top and another light layer of Maybelline Fit Me loose powder (10) and it lasts all day.

SCENT~ Hrm, what a terrible scent, oh my. Not a deal breaker though as it does fade.

SHADES ~ 30 shades! So great. The range still doesn't have one shade that matches me though ha but I usually have to mix to make my shade no matter the foundation. I can almost get away with Linen 425 but can achieve a much better match with a bit of Porcelain 405 mixed in. L'Oreal is great if you like yellow shades, even if you have to mix. They aren't orange or weird, just right.

OVERALL~ I do not get the negative reviews on YouTube, even on oily skinned peeps. This stuff is good. The finish is darn lovely, I'm thinking especially in the winter. My holy grail, Double Wear, can be a bit of overkill in the cold Canadian winter even though my skin is oily. I also like to save my $50 before tax foundation for events and special occasions so it's nice to have some less expensive options. I gave it a 4/5 instead of 5 because this scent, omg and chemical sunscreen is so unnecessary. We'll choose our own sunscreens, makeup companies, please listen! We don't want sunscreen in our foundation! Octinoxate irritates my eyes so I have to make sure it's farrrr away from that sensitive area.

It's NOT the alcohol or fragrance in this foundation causing you trouble. I've used alcohol containing foundation no problem, it's the darn chemical sunscreen that's exacerbating rosacea and other skin issues. I'm finding I can't wear this more than 2 days in a row without irritation around my eyes It's always Octinoxate that does this. Sadly, I'll have to take a lippy off, what a gd shame.

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

INGREDIENTS~ OCTINOXATE 6.743250%
TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.5910% COSMETIC INGREDIENTS WATER, DIMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL DENAT., TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PERLITE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, NYLON-12, ISOPROPYL LAUROYL, SARCOSINATE, DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE,, PHENOXYETHANOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, HYDROGEN, DIMETHICONE, DIPENTAERYTHRITYL, TETRAHYDROXYSTEARATE/TETRAISOSTEARATE, FRAGRANCE, SILICA SILYLATE, ACRYLONITRILE/METHYL METHACRYLATE/VINYLIDENE,,, CHLORIDE COPOLYMER, TOCOPHEROL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, SILICA, ISOBUTANE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BHT CITRONELLOL MAY CONTAIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE FIL CODE B224547/1