Kosas Tinted Face Oil

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Kosas Tinted Face Oil

Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Silica, Kaolin, Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Limnanthen Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera (Tea) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 4/23/2019 3:56:00 PM

I am on the hunt for a new BB/TM with mineral SPF. I have combination skin, with dry patches most of the year, and facial oils are really helping - so I thought this formulation might work for me. I use BB/TM for the sheer coverage and just to even out my skintone.

I'm AAB/NC25, and got this in Tone 6 (Tan with Olive Undertones). It's a pretty good match overall for summer but since the coverage is forgiving I might try Tone 5 for year-round. Product is very runny and thin, but easy to work with and doesn't dry down too quickly. Feels nice on my skin, as facial oils do for me. I apply 2-3 drops total to my face using fingertips. My skin feels natural with this on, and the finish is very natural. Light coverage. It doesn't settle into fine lines, but then again I touch my face a lot during the day anyway. Works well for me after letting my daily facial oil soak in. Works nicely after primer as well (such as Tarte Base Tape).

Packaging has an oval cross-section, nice to hold, with a white plastic body and black screwtop cap which snaps into alignment when fully closed. There is a fine tip for dispensing the oil, though the product still runs out easily. Shake well before using; there is some kind of agitating ball inside that rattles around as well. It would be nice if the body was transparent, or at least a window so you can tell what shade and how much is left inside. Easy to wipe the bottle clean if you get tint smudges on it.

Unfortunately, this doesn't have any SPF but I really like how this feels and looks on my skin. I'll just have to layer with an SPF-containing product. $42 for 1oz/30mL.

on 4/16/2019 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had the Kosas Tinted Face Oil for a couple of months, having been attracted to the idea of a face oil that could double as a foundation/tinted moisturizer. My skin is combination - oilier in the summer and dryer in the winter. I am a big fan of face oils and layering hydrating products eg hyaluronic acid rather than one heavy layer of moisturiser.

I bought the oil from Mecca after being matched instore to shade 5, which is medium with golden undertones (online to shade 6 which was too dark). I am MAC NW25, I have fair to medium skin that goes a nice rosy olive in the summer (despite spf) and a little paler in the winter. I can wear cool and warm shades without any major issues. Shade 4 was a little too pale for me and made me look sickly even though it matched my neck (instore she matched me to my chest).

The product is extremely runny, but you only need 2-3 drops to cover your face. I have tried both applying with my fingers and buffing it in with a brush and for convenience the fingers win. I wear it under a separate face oil. The packaging is sleek and leak proof and it's easy to get product out of the top.

I would say it gives a light natural coverage (your skin but better) which is enough for me. If you want something heavier than that then probably look elsewhere. It's quite hydrating and doesn't cake up or get stuck in any crevices eg nose, between eyebrows etc. It doesn't look greasy at all, just makes my skin glow. You probably won't need a separate glow product/luminiser etc if you use this. I was pleasantly surprised at how naturally radiant/healthy/revitalised I looked when this was first applied in the shop and even more surprised I was able to recreate this at home. It lasts on my skin for a whole work day (8+hours).

The bottle is small but as I said, you only need 2-3 drops for an application, so it should last a while. Currently AU$64 for 30ml.

I would repurchase if I ran out.

on 3/23/2019 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Super oily girl here! I usually gravitate toward very matte foundations so buying this was quite a step outside my comfort zone. This is honestly not as oily as I envisioned, it’s very runny but dries satin/velvet. The coverage is actually quite moderate. Evened our skin a lot and overall just looks like you really have naturally nice skin. I usually have to blot every few hours even with matte foundation so I figured this foundation would be worse in that sense. I actually did not have to blot more as I felt that staying power and oil control was similar to my other foundations. The thing I like about this is that once I get oily, this tint just looks “dewy” vs “greasy” and I didn’t feel the need to blot as it looked like I was glowing from within. I was pleasantly surprised by this and I’d advised all you oily people out there to not be scared of this product and test it out!