3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

21 days ago

I've only used this a few days but I really like it! This formula is lightweight but buildable. I have dry skin and I'm always on the hunt for a foundation that makes me dewy. This looks very natural.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

2.0

a month ago

This is the product for you if you have a preference for few products and need low coverage. Since I have a 3 step skincare routine, this balled and rolled using every combination I could think of. This would be good for you if this is pretty much the only thing you need, for me however, I need a moisturiser and a SPF so there are virtually no situations where I can use this, maybe down to the local shops. I like this product and It can be improved very easily if they added some sunscreen to this. For now, I'm using a Japanese product which is basically the same texture but with sunscreen (Addiction The Skincare Foundation SPF25 PA++), if you like something of the same ilk.

About reviewer (686 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

a month ago

I find Kosas tinted face oil very easy to use and it looks great. I do not use a dozen skin care products underneath it-- I have a pretty straightforward routine, so maybe that's it. I use a moisturizing sunscreen (Eucerin), letting it soak in for 10 minutes for so (but not always), and I've recently been using Lixirskin Universal Emulsion as a primer. The face oil goes on perfectly over both of these. Kosas also says their Face Oil works especially well with an all-mineral sunscreen, which I might try for summer. They're also very clear that it doesn't work well with silicone products. I use 2 drops (sometimes less), and more or less pat it into my skin. The key is to use THIN layers of the product. If you put a lot on all at once (like many other foundations), it won't look good. Put a little on, add more if you need more coverage in certain areas. It's quick and simple. It has great coverage for me and lasts all day. I pat on a bit of rms Beauty's Un-Coverup for areas that need concealer; again, no issues and they work well together. I agree that it does highlight any flakes (I picked up Trader Joe's Blueberry/Acai Facial Scrub and it seems to be working well to keep flakiness at bay--cheap, too.) I'm about an NW 10-15, and use Tint 02.

About reviewer (295 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

4 months ago

I'm 64 and always looking for a foundation that tones redness without being a masque of silicone that rests in fine lines. And because I have about a minute to apply makeup, it has to be applied quickly. My skin still has an oily t-zone. Normal cheeks. I exfoliate regularly. It's a must for this product. Flakey skin equals a disaster with this liquid. On the light end of the scale, the color range is a little complicated. I wear the lightest shade simply because the next two are too yellow-based. So this works for me for now. It's suspended pigment in a base. I use a drop in my hand and pat it on red areas with finger tips. I use it over a sunscreen - which gets tricky - but never applied full-face with a springs or brush. (There are plenty of other products out there for that look.) It's not particularly long-lasting but it does do what I need it to do. (This sounds like a pretty ambivalent review, but believe me when I tell you, finding useable products for "mature" skin is a challenge!) I have a few other Kosos products that I'll review, too. Know that the whole line is a "look." Pretty easy to apply, no tools necessary, and if that's in line with what you want, the products are good. If you're into precision and perfection, I think you'll be disappointed.

About reviewer (417 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

6 months ago

I also wanted to like this, unfortunately, I agree with another reviewer(Lizzievet8)I think that's her 'handle'. I tried six-ways-from-Sunday to get this to do something anything. I have normal to slightly dry in winter and slightly oil in summer. I have La Prairie Caviar foundation, which lasts for two years and counting and yes it is still fresh or if you prefer non-rancid. I wanted something less to wear on my 65+-year-old skin, well this ain't it. It felt to me that I almost had to really urge it along to get an even spread, I tried it on top of my regular moisturizer, Sisley L'integral and no I am not rich, just well versed in eBay. The oil looked like nothing and I did wait for my moisturizer to really sink in, next I tried after a facial oil(Dr.Haushka In my case)but I think any lightweight oil would be similar in the end. I even tried it on bare skin and the stuff just sits on top. So that was that and now in summer I use my Janet Sartin Duo-Phase, which is just like Erno Laszlo's discontinued Shake-It, and then an assortment of concealers.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

6 months ago

***FYI, if you want to try a sample, The Detox Market will sell color deluxe samples for a small amount, you can see this here:  https://www.thedetoxmarket.com/collections/kosas/products/tinted-face-oil I had been interested in the Kosas Tinted Face Oil Foundation for quite a while before I finally purchased it.  I wasn't sure if it would end up making my skin look or feel oily, or if it would make my sometimes flaky skin look worse.  I've been trying it out in different ways for the past four months, and to be honest, I still am not totally opinionated on the Kosas Foundation.  Usually I have a strong opinion on pretty much every beauty product I try (and other things in life).  It also seems that most people that try the Tinted Face Oil Foundation either love it or hate it. I love that it is a rather clean product- denatured alcohol and fragrance free.  It also doesn't contain many preservatives or other superfluous ingredients.   I find that applying this foundation is a little fussy.  A Beauty Blender Sponge seems to apply it well, but it soaks up far TOO much of the product for my liking.  Applying it with a brush makes it end up looking streaky.  The best way to apply it is using your hands and fingertips.  This can set to a very radiant finish so I've found using a setting powder a few minutes after foundation application is important.  I find that I do like the finish- and I like that this is a medium coverage foundation that can look rather natural. The nice thing is if you set this with a good setting powder it manages to last throughout the day without looking cakey or oily.  I HIGHLY recommend trying a sample out, or purchasing this from a place you may return it at.  So many people end up loving or hating this, and if you dislike it you will want to get your money back. My more detailed video review can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/nPFr6Spdydw"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nPFr6Spdydw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object> Kosas Tinted Face Oil Foundation Full Ingredients List: Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Silica, Kaolin, Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Limnanthen Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera (Tea) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, May Contain [+/-] Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77499, 77491, 77492)

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 months ago

Quick Update: This stuff HATES powder!!! It doesn't get along with most primers, BUT have had very good luck with a nice setting spray. Helps to last longer and looks fantastic! Try it with Milani's Satin finish spray, good luck! Haven't reviewed anything on here in a very long time, but wanted to add my experience to help others decide if this will work for them. I have clear skin with a slightly ruddy, very fair complexion. It's also very dehydrated, which means if I use products that are drying, my face over produces oil to compensate. Lately it seems that the majority of new foundations are designed to be very dewy, or hella matte. Neither one of these formulas work well on my skin. I'm looking for very light coverage that enhances my skin tone and doesn't age my 48 year old skin. Most tinted moisturiser/bb/cc creams don't really absorb into my skin well and look phony and greasy. I'm nw 15 and purchased the Kosas Oil Tint in 2 because it's warmer than 1, but this is sheer enough that I'm sure either would've worked. This is a dry oil formula, so be careful what you pair it with or it will pull up. I tried it with Milk's Hydro primer--pill city! FAB' s new Ultra Repair Hyaluronic Hydrating Primer worked just fine. Not really sure if using a primer is helpful though, or even necessary. This seems to be designed to sink into your skin and give it a beautiful natural glow. I think someone who uses multiple products under their foundation might be disappointed on how this goes on. I do set it with a little powder, but using too much would ruin the healthy skin effect. One benefit is that my skin tolerates this very well and consequently looks better even after I remove it, so I can use less product on my face over all. I wouldn't recommend using more than 3 to 4 drops, it doesn't really give any more coverage and may stay to slide around. If you're trying to look like a Kardashian/drag queen, this will not be for you. Same if you require more coverage. But if your skin is in pretty good shape, this will help you show it off!

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

9 months ago

Color me not impressed. And while it is cosmetically elegant and delivers the promised dewy, radiant complexion, it is too emollient for acne sensitive or clog prone skins. On someone with dry skin that’s not very reactive this would be fantastic but honestly I’ve found much better for less, like RMS Uncover, Glossier Skin Tint and TheBalm Shelter. I used the shade tone #7. Overall, not bad but not really very impressive.

About reviewer (198 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

1.0

9 months ago

It broke me out. Tiny under-the-skin whiteheads, and red raised bumps. ugh. finish was ok -- more matt than i like, though. I was trying out Milk makeup Sunshine skin tint before this and like it much more.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairBrown

9 months ago

I wanted to love this so much. After raving reviews from the clean and non-clean beauty world I purchased 3 bottles in various shades to use on myself and clients alike. It is HORRIBLE on my dry skin. It dries instantly and clings to dry patches. I have tried literally EVERY MUA trick in the book to make it work: every moisturizer, no moisturizer, in the morning, after a hot shower, scrub before, no scrubbing at all.. And sometimes, just magically, it works and when it does it looks beautiful.... But when I repeat that certain process it just doesn’t. I always shake the bottle like a maniac. That is not it. I used it on a client with perfect skin once and was embarrassed because I had to wash her face. Underneath I used Embryolisse which I always use on everyone. I once thought I found the way to make it work: Mix with weleda Skin food.....nope. After 30 minutes I looked in the mirror and was horrified.... what a shame. Buy a tester first! Okay: update. My slightly oily summer skin LOVES this.... apparently in winter it will not work with my skin. I apply it over my bronzer serum from 100% pure because it is slightly light on me, and it just works..... How? It looks a-ma-zing-ly natural. Lasts all day.... how? Soooooo on too dry skin: no On normal to oily: ahm... yeah Get a tester first!!!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35