PAT MCGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction

PAT MCGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When it comes back in stock - DO NOT EVEN SLEEP ON IT!

This must be the brand's best palette yet. I have seen/tried nearly every single palette that Pat has (including mini palettes), but Bronze Seduction is just absolutely gorgeous. I am not sure why I did not invest in it sooner - it is worth every penny. There is a nice mix of mattes, satin/metallics and pressed glittery pigments here. Two are duochromes, which you won't be able to dupe. Then you have a day-time appropriate beige with shimmer, which is more on a subtle side and of course the most beautiful shade in the palette (to me that is) Rose Gold 005. It has so much sparkle, I am absolutely intrigued by how Pat managed to press this glitter into the palette. It is absolutely foiled and delicious. Then you also have your deep warm tones and shade called Xtreme Aubergine, which is a wonderful alternative to black. And of course the most stunning of them all - VR Fire Opal. Fire indeed! This shade shifts from green to gold to blue to purple to pink - ah! Witchcraft at its finest.

I am hoping that Pat brings it back asap, because the hype is real and this is literally the best holiday (gift) investment in my book. Now, of course most of the glittery shades require a glue or tacky base for the pigment to stick to. There might be a minor glitter fallout during application (never during the day), so probably it is best to do your eye makeup first if you want to use one of them. Mattes do not have kick-up/fallout. I do recommend applying shimmers/glitters with your fingers. You will not even need to wet any of these shadows, they're so rich in colour!

I have unedited swatches and makeup demo in a separate review here, for those of you interested (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/11/04/MOTHERSHIP-Eyeshadow-Palettes-By-Pat-McGrath-LABS-Review) hope it helps you guys!

on 10/22/2018 3:50:00 PM

What can I say? I am down with calling Pat McGrath "mother". I bought the first three Mothership palettes, skipped Decadence, and bought two of the small 6-pan palettes. Thus, I have drank the Kool-aid. This is one of my favorite Mothership palettes. I especially like this one and the blue one (Subliminal). If you don't enjoy applying eyeshadow with your finger or if you aren't a fan of glittery textures, you might not enjoy this palette as much as me. If the price horrifies you, you should probably skip it as well. At the end of the day, it's just an eyeshadow palette. A darn fine eyeshadow palette, but an eyeshadow palette.

There are a lot of different textures in this palette. I really enjoy the textures and the way that this palette can be used to create quite a few different looks (even a neutral look can be done, but that's not where this palette excels). Colors like Blitz Flame (metallic red) and Rose Gold 005 (shimmery, glittery rose gold) stand out as faves for me. I love any of the PML shadows that start with "VR", and VR Fire Opal is gorgeous. I use Entrapment as a transition shade; it's solid, but not changing my world. I was happy to see Xtreme Aubergine as the darkest shadow, instead of black again (though the matte black in the other Mothership palettes is bomb). Astral Luna Gold has very little pigment in the base and is basically little gold glitters (more pronounced as actually glitter than the special shades in the other Mothership palettes if you ask me). I wore a look from this palette that featured Rose Gold 005 on the lid, Blitz Flame on my lower lash line, and Xtreme Aubergine in the crease with Entrapment as transition and Skinshow Divine Glow lightly on the brow bone; I ran into a friend I hadn't seen for awhile, and she exclaimed over and over at how good my eyeshadow looked. It really is something special.

The packaging is beautiful and heavy with a beveled mirror. Pat actually put the name of the palette on this one! (on the bottom, but I'll take it) The names of the shadows are on an insert. I cut the insert down so that I can place it inside the palettes to keep it.

on 10/19/2018 4:53:00 PM

This was my first ever Pat McGrath product so other than what I’ve read in reviews I wasn’t sure what the eyeshadows were really like and when I first swatched them on my arm I have to say I was disappointed because they seemed quite chalky and patchy. That was until I used them on my eyes, I have never used such beautiful eyeshadows that blend so effortlessly. Considering how they swatched I didn’t think for one minute they would be any better on the eyes, how wrong was I?! The dark shadows are so easy at blending out and creating a smokey eye with this palette is literally like child’s play. The duochrome shadows are stunning. They do come off very glittery but considering how well this palette performs that’s a minor detail. Pat McGrath has created a beauty in this palette and I can only imagine how good her other ones are too. How it’s taken me this long to jump on the PM train I don’t know but I’m hooked. The packaging feels so expensive and luxurious that you can tell it’s high end. The colour theme in this palette is spot on and it really is exciting to experiment with this palette. I just can’t wait for her next collection to arrive. If anyone is still debating whether it’s worth spending that much on a PM palette, trust me it’s worth every penny and more and you can see that within the quality of these shadows. She is probably the only one truly killing it in the makeup game right now. I 1000% recommend this palette.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I swore I would never spend more than $100 on an eyeshadow palette, yet here I am loving the heck out of Mothership V. These are my kind of colors, so as soon as I saw it I began lemming real bad. I took the risk and ordered it the day it launched from Pat's website, and when it arrived I was blown away with the quality and the attention to detail that the brand puts into its products. I previously got one of the Metalmorphosis sets, and while I like it I wasn't floored with the concept overall. This more traditional palette really steals the show, and everything about it makes it worth the expense. The packaging is heavy and nice and definitely feels like something you'd spend $125 USD on. The colors inside are drop-dead gorgeous, and the texture is beyond amazing. I have used every shadow in the palette multiple times, including the matte aubergine shade that I thought I would never touch. It is so easy to create beautiful eye looks with this palette because the mattes are the creamiest and easiest to blend I have ever used, and the shimmer and duochrome shades compliment one another nicely. My favorites in the palette are Entrapment (matte rose), Blaze Bronze (bronzey-gold), Rose Gold 005 (the star of the palette and honestly the prettiest eyeshadow I have ever used), VR Fire Opal (green-gold glimmer), Guilty Pleasure (taupe), and Astral Luna Gold (opalescent pale gold). The texture on Guilty Pleasure is a bit different than the others as it feels a bit stiff, but it still picks up and blends out nicely. Blitz Flame is a super creamy, gorgeous metallic rust shade, and I like it a lot too. I doubt I will be buying more of Pat's very luxurious palettes any time soon, but I am so happy to have this one in my collection due to the quality, uniqueness, and the way that the colors work for my skin tone.