AmorePacific Vintage Single Extract Essence

AmorePacific Vintage Single Extract Essence

1 review

on 6/11/2018 7:17:00 AM

This essence costs as much as SKII, and while I really like it, I`m not sure that it works better for my skin than SKII. I don`t know what it is about the Pitera extract in SKII, but the results for me are almost instant and you can tell I am using this and you can also tell when I`ve stopped using it. This is why I would not repurchase the Amore Pacific essence. I mean, it is nice enough, don`t get me wrong: it has a very, very faint scent of green tea, it certainly smells MUCH better than the Facial Treatment Essence (SKII), but while it does a nice enough job to hydrate and refresh, it does not impart the luminosity and clarity that SKII gives my skin after about 1 week of use. And it`s been more than 2.5 weeks now of twice daily application. My adult whiteheads have cleared up a bit, but nothing too dramatic, plus I am also using other products that could be addressing that issue. I would totally repurchase, but not at this price point (over 200 bucks). I think I`ve explored enough, and I am ready to admit defeat and go back to my SKII. The Amore Pacific essence is made from fermented tea leaves from Jeju and the fermentation process is supposed to be really potent at extracting the best ingredients from those tea leaves. If I was better off financially, I would perhaps not mind so much buying this, but for ordinary folk like yours truly, one needs better results to justify the splurge. Another problem, just like SKII, is that this comes is a heav, unwieldy glass jar that makes it impractical for travel. At least SKII solved that problem partially by selling 75ml bottles. If you have the cash, go for it, but personally I am better off with either the MISSHA dupe (cheaper!) or the SKII 75ml treatment essence.