Almay Longwear & Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads

No Image

1 review

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I usually use Neutrogena's eye makeup remover, or Target's dupe of it. However, I recently began using a long wear mascara and it was a little difficult to remove. I was reading a blog and came across a recommendation for this product. I had some CVS extra bucks and decide to try it and see if it was as good as the blogger said it was. Well, IT IS. You take a pad and press on each eye for approximately 20-30 seconds and it swipes almost everything off. I will say I needed a second swipe to totally remove it all, however, if you are wearing long wear/waterproof mascara, waterproof eyeliner and have used primer to make sure your eye shadow isn't going anywhere, you should not expect it to all remove in one swipe.

These pads do an excellent job but, the first ingredient is mineral oil, which I know a lot of people don't care for. It also contains aloe and calendula to sooth the skin. You will need to rinse after you use this to clear the residue. A large container of 120 pads ran $8.99 in CVS, but if you have extra bucks or use coupons, you can probably pay less and they also sell an 80 count container. Also nice for travel is you don't want to pack separate pads and bottle of remover. One lippie off for having to rinse, but overall satisfied with the product and it does what it says it's going to do.