3.7

Reviews

3.0
from

3 months ago

I bought this because I heard it was gentle and non stripping, and it might be, compared to harsher soap cleansers. I use it after oil cleansing. The tube packaging is fine when it’s mostly full, but becomes harder to squeeze out as the amount of cleanser inside diminishes. After using an oil, it takes one cleanse with this to remove everything, but my skin does feel a little tight afterwards. I like the Aveeno Ulta Calming Foaming Cleanser better. The product is easier to dispense, more luxurious in feel, and it’s much gentler.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesBrown

2.0

3 months ago

It claims it is fragrance free but it is not unscented, if that makes any sense. It smells like chemicals. The packaging made it difficult to squeeze out product. It warps the bottle so much as I was straining hard to get anything out. My face didn't feel clean of all product. It doesn't wash off easily and my face felt dry afterward. I don't recommend and will not repurchase.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

5 months ago

Great cleanser. No matter how sensitive your skin, it will not irritate your skin at all. It truly does calm your skin. I had a terrible rash (from using another product) that left parts of my face inflamed and swollen (one eye was practically swollen shut) and everything (including water) exacerbated the allergic rash. Washing with this cleanser helped tremendously. What’s also good is that this isn’t one of those “gentle” - AKA doesn’t leave your skin feeling clean - cleansers. It foams up nicely, removes the dirt and oil from the day (and the residual from the balm I use to double cleanse my skin), so my skin feels refreshed, pristinely clean and soothed but not at all dehydrated, tight or sensitive. I will always have this as a staple as a facial cleanser. Packaging - wasn’t bad, wasn’t great. I wish the liquid gel cleanser came in a pump but it’s fine.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

7 months ago

This dosent irritate my sensitive skin at all, it's one of the few cleansers I can use. And it does a decent job removing makeup

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

a year ago

I have been using this along with the Ultra calming nite cream and the Ultra calming day lotion/spf 30 and in five days, my face has transformed. I have super super sensitive skin. I was breaking out....dry patches and just looked horrible and was embarrased and my old regime was not working......I've not had much luck with Aveeno in the past but in five days, these three products together have made such a huge difference....no break outs and I just look better and skin is so much healthier. Very very happy with the results....

About reviewer (122 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2.0
from

2 years ago

$7.99 for 5 ounces 2 lippies for being hydrating and affordable. Website description: Gently cleanses sensitive skin without compromising its delicate moisture barrier This exclusive formula, developed for dry, sensitive skin, gently lifts away dirt, oil and makeup without over drying or irritating skin. Formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Calming Feverfew® and Nourishing Oat, this facial cleanser leaves your skin soothed, hydrated, and healthy-looking. Plus, it is gentle enough for everyday use. - Fragrance free - Soap free - Noncomedogenic (won’t clog pores) - Hypoallergenic - Dermatologist-tested ACTIVE NATURALS® CALMING FEVERFEW® Formulas with ACTIVE NATURALS® CALMING FEVERFEW® significantly improve the appearance of facial redness and calm irritated or sensitive skin.While traditionally used for its medicinal properties, which include headache relief and fever reduction, ACTIVE NATURALS® CALMING FEVERFEW® is a skin care breakthrough. Purified feverfew extract has anti-irritant benefits and has been shown in preclinical testing to effectively deliver a broad range of antioxidant and calming benefits compared to over 2,000 other natural ingredients. __________________________________________________________________________ I received a generous sample size of this in a huge box of samples from Walgreens when they had a promo. They had his clear gel has no scent and a little is all it takes to cover your face and cleanse. It is hydrating but hard to rinse off and does not remove makeup very well. My main complaint about this and why I would not purchase it, is that it is hard to rinse off, like Cetaphil. I detest cleansers that don't rinse off easily or completely. Also the fact that it does not remove makeup. I want a cleanser that is not drying, removes all of my makeup including eye makeup. That is why Philosophy Purity is my holy grail cleanser and always will be unless they discontinue it but I doubt them will due to it's extreme popularity. For me it is perfection. This is so hard to rinse off that a few times when I thought it was all off, then applied my moisturizer, I got little balls of the cleanser remains all over my face. So this is a hard pass for me. If it won't remove makeup, I could ignore that and just use it in the morning, but I don't have time to rinse for 10 minutes to remove it and do not like the residue it leaves. Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydrolyzed Potato Starch Dodecenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxyacetophenone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Flower/Leaf/Stem Juice.

About reviewer (781 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm