Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette
Soft Glam Eyeshadow PaletteSoft Glam Eyeshadow PaletteSoft Glam Eyeshadow PaletteSoft Glam Eyeshadow PaletteSoft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

on 2/12/2019 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I’m so annoyed I like this because now all my other shadows don’t compare. Admittedly I have never tried a ABH eyeshadow in my life, not even a swatch for some stubborn reason. I didn’t want to give into the hype and I had to be ~different~ ugh. Even though I gave into the hype with the tartlette in bloom and hated it. Well everyone was right and I was dumb to waste money on crap eyeshadows. morphe palettes and a Bobbi brown palette are the first to come to mind. But even my palettes I considered good don’t really compare. Although I will say my melt cosmetics stacks are just as good if not slightly behind this palette, which might be why they were my absolute favorite eyeshadows before this.

But this is worth the hype. I haven’t tried any other abh palettes but their color selections aren’t something I would gravitate towards. I’m not sure if modern renaissance is this formula or not but I’ve heard whispers modern renaissance is easier to blend. Soft glam has not issues blending imo but I might be so used to bad eyeshadow that anything this easy seems like a new world to me.

It’s so easy to make a full glam eye with the amount of pigment it has! I don’t have to build for hours! I don’t have to blend for hours because it blends itself!

The shimmers can have a lot of fallout and get a smidge chunky. They are so pigmented it’s easy to go too much with them and the shimmer then becomes your entire eye look. The matters are so pigmented and rich and smooth. The black :O how!! I’ve never ever found that rich of a black eyeshadow. The colors also look a lot darker on your eyes than in the pan.

I wish it had one more light matte shade besides the light cream color. Their light transition shade is very orange and not the most flattering on my skin. I wish it was a little more neutral. This palette is very warm and even warmer on my skin. I like warm eyeshadow but I would get rid of one of the shimmers for another light transition shade. Once on the eye the shimmers don’t have a ton of difference in color somehow. Or I would get rid of mulberry completely because it makes the palette seem too similar to modern renaissance.

My issues are minor though and I will have to try more abh eyeshadow in the future

on 2/2/2019 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Soft Glam is my first ABH purchase and after the utter disappointment of Naked 1 - late to the party, only got it due to the fear of missing out - I'm pleased with it.

All the shades are buttery soft and pigmented ro the max. The shimmers are very shiny and the mattes very intense. You barely have to tap the finger or brush to get plenty of pigment. Considering the minuscule amount used there's no actual fallout from what I've observed.

On to the color selection now I find three intense golds to be most unnecessary and since every color is deep or vibrant I don't use it on its own. I always pair with some more quiet shades for balance since It's too much of a statement for everyday wear for my taste on its own.

Nevertheless it works great for spicing up my looks, the opposite way from Naked Basics which grounds my other palettes - both useful. The result is flattering for green eyes and the pigments don't loose intensity all day long. Very pleased with quality.

One lipstick off because off the lack of versatility; it's definitely a trendy palette which makes me straggle a bit. I can't use more than two of the colors at once without looking like trying too hard to be modern for my liking since my style in makeup is on the classic side.

on 12/19/2018 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of the best eyeshadow formulas I ever tried. I am a neutral eyeshadow gal and this is such a beautiful easy to use palette. Very pigmented so I tap very gently into the shadows. I do hate the packaging it gets so dirty very easily and it’s pricey. I purchased this when I had a 20% off cupón at Ulta !!!!

on 12/10/2018 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Gorgeous colors overall but it is often very patchy or uneven every time I use it. Blending and blending is required and not sure why. Had no issues with other ABH palettes except for subculture but overall i like both. Just find this one hard to work with due to heavy pigments and difficult blending with unwanted results.

on 12/10/2018 7:16:00 PM

I like the scheme of this palette a lot. It's all the colors that I can use for a day at work or if I'm going out in the evening.

The formula is just like my beloved Modern Renaissance palette too. The shades are buttery and blendable. VERY pigmented too, a little can go a very long way. I have considered throwing away all my other palettes because the quality is just too good with ABH.

I'd buy this over and over again.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my favourite ABH palette, and the only shadow palette I've ever repurchased. Whatever combination I create with this palette looks elegant and understated. I bought one for my sister recently and it looks great with her coloring as well. It's rare that colors that suit her tan and warm complexion also suit my pale af and cool complexion. I totally agree with the previous reviewer, these ES almost blend themselves. They are so buttery and pigmented! I only have to just barely touch my brush to the palette to get good color payoff. I do experience some fallout, but I don't take away lippies for that because everything else about this palette is phenomenal. I couldn't be without my soft glam!

I had been on the fence for a while on whether I should get this palette or not. After watching video after video and thinking about it I decided to take the plunge and get it. I'm attaching a 3 minute halo eye tutorial I did with this palette so you can see the shades in action.

The shades practically blend themselves and are super duper soft and buttery which leads to my next point... There is a TON of kickback from a couple of the shades. Burnt Orange and Sienna, I'm talkin about you. Even when I just barely tapped my brush I still got a lot of kick back. The foils/metallics are beautiful, but they perform best with a finger rather than a brush. Overall I like the palette, but the shades are a bit soft.
The price is a bit expensive for the amount of shadow that you lose from the kickback which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.

on 9/11/2018 1:04:00 PM

This warmer neutrals palette is a holy grail if, and *ONLY* if:

you're a more mature person, well into your thirties and upward, looking for an amazing, super-versatile, everyday palette for work. If you fit into this category, you'll enjoy the mattes and shimmers immensely. You won't get bored, as you can combine these in so many ways, always staying within that safe, work-appropriate spectrum. You can also dial these up for a sophisticated but intense smokey look for night.

____Three stars rating because of underwhelming staying power, even with the best primers._____

If you belong to a younger crowd, this is a wonderful staples palette. If you can afford it, go for it- but consider this a base for your eyeshadow collection and not the star. You can count on this for perfect crease mattes and very chic metallic toppers. It will work great with other, more adventurous, palettes. You don't get exciting looks with this. If used alone, it will enhance your natural features in a soft glam way (yes, the name is very spot on), and that's pretty much it. But there's a lot to be said for excellent basics, so don't rule it out. If, however, you are looking for an affordable alternative so you can build your eyeshadow collection, Wet n Wild Color Icon palettes are great!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like many of you, I am a fan of ABH eyeshadow palettes. I bought Soft Glam even though I had several other warm-nude eyeshadow palettes. I went to the ABH store (I live in Romania, very close to a ABH salon that also sells their makeup range) to swatch the (back then) newly launched eyeshadow palette for a friend and I ended up buying the palette for myself.
The cardboard packaging is cute and sturdy, but the velvet front does stain easily - just like Modern Renaissance and Subculture. Two of the eyeshadows are repeats of the MR shadows. I don't mind that because they are lovely to use in the crease. The quality and application of the shadows is consistent throughout the palette. The eyeshadows apply better than Subculture (they also have better color payoff for the shimmers) and they kick back less than Modern Renaissance.
I am happy to have purchased it and I feel it would make a great gift for anyone who loves makeup, no matter their experience level.
Below is a link to my youtube video review with swatches.

on 8/10/2018 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Oh.... how I want to wax poetics about this. In my opinion, the best way to describe this product is an interesting neutral palette. There are handfuls and handfuls of your everyday bog standard neutral palette, but this is like the grown up sexy sister. You can definitely build this up for a super glam look, but the real beauty of this palette is when you go simple you can create the most beautiful dead easy looks for everyday.

My first ABH palette and the hype is true about the formula! Never have I owned eyeshadows that blend so well!