3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I usually don't use loose powders,Flormar Loose Powder and Mac color corrector loose powder in lilac shade were the only ones I had tried.I love Mac but it's lilac shade makes it impossible to be used as a baking powder.so I decided to blindbuy this one.it's 13$ here,not expensive but not truely cheap either.I don't like the packaging as it's difficult to use When I first applied it under my eyes,it felt a bit dark and yellow for my NW15 skin but after using a brush to dust and blend it,it looked ok and brightened my dark cycles but I think it looks it's best matched with a foundation with warm undertones.when I first applied it,it felt smooth but when I wanted to blend it I saw that it's difficult to blend and is very drying.it looked a bit cakey on my undereyes and forhead.being difficult to blend,it made the spot that I had applied it on my forhead look yellower and uneven.it's probably my skin's bad as it's very dry and dehydrated but I had moisturized it well before wearing foundation It made my makeup and concealer last much longer and my tzone didn't look oily at the end of the day.I'm going to pair it with different moisturizers,foundations and brushes and wish to find a way to make it work out for me.right now it's a 2.5 out of 5 for me

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

a year ago

This shade turned a bit darker on me after wearing it for a while, but my skin is quite pale so as long as you’ve got a medium skin tone that shouldn’t be a problem. I bought this in the summer when I was working at a café. It was really hot and we were running around carrying stuff all the time but this kept me from looking like the sweaty mess I was, which is almost a miracle. It’s high coverage and in combination with the yellow colour it hides my dark circles well. I dislike the packaging since it’s hard to control the amount of powder because of the small opening, I use an old packaging from NYX instead. I wouldn’t repurchase this since I can only use it when I’m at my tannest but I would def recommend it to others!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

I’ve used powders to set my concealer for so long, and was running out of my BM foundation powder when I saw this at Ulta. What a discovery! I dust this over my concealer, bake and brush away to a smooth, brightened finish. It lasts all day! The only con is how the packaging is a “shaker” bottle. How do you retrieve the powder from a shaker? I reused my old Bare Minerals foundation powder container, and transfer from one to the other. Overall, a great discovery for the deep, dark circles that are the natural pigment surrounding my eyes.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

a year ago

I find this powder a little bit drying, so I only use this if I'm baking my makeup and then going out, and I need to moisturise properly for this to look good (think double moisturizing, focusing this under my eyes, applying olive oil under my eyes, using a hydrating powder and Fix+). In general, I prefer my Ben Nye Banana Powder and I prefer the W7 dupe, but this also works really nicely as a dupe. I'll use this until I'm out of it and then buy the original Ben Nye powder. Having that said, I have dry skin and use the Laura Mercier Brightening Powder on a regular basis, but this may work for you if you have oily skin.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. I use this to set my concealer. Makes everything look so silky and airbrushed and brightens tremendously. Makes sure everything lasts all day. Does not dry my skin out. And, the price is amazing. Just try it!

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

WOW! Just WOW! Best powder I used. I don't normally wear powders as they look cakey on my skin but I felt I needed to use a powder to set up my make up better as I started using a new foundation which I believe needed it. I normally use Bare Minerals Powder and it doesn't even compare to this. This comes at a very cheap price, very nice, luxurious feel packaging and just the best. It sets the make up so well, leaving a flawless, no cakey no mess skin. You need to leave it on for a bit to set, then blend it in with a brush. Really blend it in. You will just love it. Would definitely recommend.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

a year ago

I really wanted this to work, but this powder leaves you sooo cakey and makes your undereyes more prominent than they actually are. Even the elf powder I've had forever works better than this.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

2 years ago

This powder has many pros and cons for me based on what i used it for and aspects of it Baking: This is great for baking under the right conditions! I have what one would call "special skin" so there have been times where my skin is a little too dry or a little too oily, which made the powder patchy and set a little into fine lines and pores weirdly. So, my biggest reccomendation when baking is to make sure your skin is properly cleansed and primed, as you probably always should, but for this product it will determine it working or not. When that is the case, makeup looks smooth and lasts long! Setting Foundation: Using this powder for a general foundation setting with a powder brush is very "meh" it gets the job done but can look very powdery and washed out. But with just a little bit on the areas that don't need too much coverage and where I don't wan't a lot of makeup, it does the job. My favorite method for setting my foundation where I do want more concentrated powder coverage is, dabbing the powder on with a beauty blender where i need it and immediately brushing off the powder with a brush, kind of like a "baby bake" :) Packaging: Honestly only like the look of it because it looks really modern and professional haha, the actual functionality of it is terrible. I'm not sure how people use it with out some sort of mixing palette, or in my case, an OLD LAURA MERCIER JAR LID lol (don't worry I washed it for use with this). All in all just very inconvenient. TL;DR: I like the powder overall, it can look cakey if not primed and set properly, but it does the job and can look nice, packaging needs work. It also doesn't break me out as a person with acne prone skin.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

This stuff is amazing it brightens the under eyes and sets on perfectly . It’s also goes on very smoothly I highly recommend it .

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrown

2 years ago

It’s not wowing me because I’m not sure how I feel. Alone as a setting powder, I’m not a fan. But mixed in with my Laura Mercier (I had a trial sized LM and when I was down to a little bit, I dumped my MR in the LM container) and I can use it to correct a sloppy bronzer/contour application. I find that I prefer my WNW banana powder from the contour duo. On my NC35-40 skin tone it’s not quite brightening enough for me.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age30-35