Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme

Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme

3.4

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm underwhelmed by this product. Maybe my expectations were too high, as I'd heard it really brightens up the eye area, but it didn't really deliver. As an eye creme, I agree with the other reviewers who say it's thick and doesn't absorb quickly - I find it sits on the skin for too long. Overall, if you have very dry skin, this might be great, but otherwise, I'd rate it 'meh'. Wouldn't re-purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

After hearing so many good things about this eye cream, I was disappointed. It was very heavy and took a while to sink in, and wasn't great for applying makeup after. The yellow tinge I heard so much about also did nothing for me; it was invisible on my skin. This is one of the only beauty products i have returned.

After hearing what a miracle worker this was supposed to be for dark circles, I immediately bought it. But after a week of using it, my undereye started feeling a bit more tender, and soon any application of the product needed to be wiped off immediately. I don't know what harsh ingredient was slowly irritating my skin, but with the undereye area being so delicate, such an irritating (and thick) formula is no good for it. Besides that, it did absolutely nothing brightening for my undereyes, and my dark circles remained the same. I'd also like to point out that vitamin c isn't exactly the most stable antioxidant, so having the eye cream in a jar, where it is constantly exposed to light and air would slowly cause it to lose its effectiveness.

Overall, bad product, terribly overpriced, look somewhere else.

on 5/11/2018 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I fell victim to the hype and am now using it finish it up; plus was pricey. I don't mind paying good under eye creams but I feel this one is average. The yellow tint does absolutely nothing for me. It's no more moisturizing than other creams I've tried for a lot less.

Pros
- moisturizes the under-eye area well
- adds brightness and makes me look more awake
- I feel like I need less concealer when I use this

Cons
- makes my concealer crease and eventually causes it to wear off completely
- $38, pricey

I purchased this eye cream because my concealer was looking dry on my under-eye area. The packaging states that it improves concealer application and wear so I was hoping that it would help this issue. Unfortunately I have found that my concealer creases and eventually wears away when I use this eye cream. That being said, this does make my under-eye area look nice and bright when I use it alone. It's also very moisturizing. I haven't noticed any permanent brightening or tightening (not that I expect eye creams to work miracles, but this product does seem to be marketed as anti-aging). This is a decent product and I would repurchase if it worked better with my concealer. It's not for me though. At this point it's basically an expensive under-eye brightener.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Very thick, fluffy dry cream texture. So thick it is hard to get onto a fingertip, and it takes ages to blend it out over the under eye area and get it to sink in. Not very moisturising, after a few hours it doesn't look like I've actually bothered to use any eye cream as its dry again. The banana tint does instantly brighten my dark circle area on my fair skin. But I'm not noticing any improvements yet.

UPDATE:
I've just gone through a whole fullsize over the last 3 months and I and can't see or feel a difference. Also, towards the end I noticed my eye area feeling a bit tender after using so I feel the ingredients are a bit harsh. I went and replaced this with a $10 organic eye cream which I vastly prefer.

on 3/24/2018 11:57:00 AM

I have been using this for a week. I am 51 with eye dark circles and puffiness and I am on a (hopefully not eternal) quest for the perfect eye cream and concealer. What I first noticed about this cream is that it is very moisturizing around my eyes and it just feels very nice and comfortable. I do think the puffiness is somewhat improved, but my dark circles are still there. I will definitely use this up, but not sure if I would repurchase.

on 3/23/2018 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I dig this stuff. It’s moisturizing but not oily. The yellow pigment does nothing for my dark circles, it may as well be white, but it’s not worth knocking any points off. I like the little jar, and a little goes a long way. Smells slightly sweet, nothing like banana. I would repurchase.

on 3/6/2018 11:08:00 PM

I think this product is worth 5 stars. I had really bad dark circles under my eyes and after a month, yes it took a month, but wow they are sooo much better! Extremely noticeable difference, my boyfriend even pointed it out:) very moisturizing too. I find myself not using concealer very often anymore too! I don’t have puffiness but I never really did before either so I can’t say if it was super helpful in that department.

on 2/18/2018 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don’t use it alone. I use serum and cream to moisturize but this is amazing if you mix it with your concealer (my favorite ones are Estee Lauder doble Wear, cover fx and sisley). It looks just right. I’ve tryed so many concealers, so many mixes to get a natural smooth looking undereye and so far this is the best way to achieve it.