Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme

Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme

2.9

on 11/30/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product did NOT work for me at all.

It left me under eye area extremely shiny and not hydrated. The product seemed to sit on top of my skin and did not absorb well.

I saw no immediate results in brightening and no long term results in the brightening of dark circles.

I stopped using this after a few months, in my opinion, it is a waste of money.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

While it does moisturize the eye area really well, it does nothing for dark circles. I do not recommend this product and I would not repurchase it. I only picked it up because my favorite eye cream by Tarte was out of stock.

on 11/26/2018 10:35:00 PM

Product packaging, unsanitary as its a jar. Price is expensive at Sephora, only worth buying during their seasonal sales. Initially I did not like this product as it feels like nothing more than a regular face lotion and have no immediate effect on my under eye circles. Over time I feel as though it has improved my under eye circles, or at least prevented my eyes from getting worse (went through a difficult time so they could have looked WAY worse). I don't think I would repurchase because I like trying new products and because the cons outweigh the pros.

on 11/20/2018 1:25:00 PM

I decided to use this product for months before posting a review because as with most skin care products it takes a while before noticing a difference. Fortunately, I did not have any negative immediate reactions like some of the other reviewers so I was able to keep with it!

At first, this product didn’t blow me away. It definitely worked well under makeup, but I didn’t see any instant effects with plumping or brightening or fine lines. When you see this promoted on YouTube it’s hyped up to the point you think it should work miracles once applied. When it didn’t do that I was contemplating returning it, but decided to stick with it rather than invest in another eye cream.

Fast forward to now and .... I’m obsessed. After using it for about three months I see a difference in my fine lines and plumpness under my eye. I don’t use as much concealer anymore because I do see that darkness has diminished. I would assume that is because my eyes are well hydrated and more plump! I even like it more than the Estée Lauder undereye cream I used up prior to this (that’s a great eye cream too)! People commented that it takes a while for this product to sink in and I would have to agree. It is a heavier cream and I only use this at night. I slather it on and don’t need a reapplication before makeup the next morning. If I happen to forget to apply the night before, I take a tiny amount under my eyes. It’s just trial and error for what works for you. But to get full benefits I would definitely recommend doing it at night and letting it sink in.

Honestly, I really love this product and would definitely repurchase. I’d recommend people to try it and be patient!

I had a severe allergic reaction to this eye cream. Like had to go on Prednisone. Wondering if others who had the allergic reaction have any ideas what ingredient it could be from?

on 10/26/2018 12:24:00 PM

My eye is swollen!! I’m having a bad allergic reaction to this eye cream and I never had such reactions before. I can usually use any creams without worrying about allergies but I don’t know what’s in this one that after a few days used my eyes became tender. I stopped using it after that and my eye area turned all red. 3 days later my eyes were swollen.

Originally bought this because of the good reviews but this is a definite no.

on 10/9/2018 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the concept of this banana-powder-inspired eye cream but it didn't meet any of my expectations aside from being.... well, hydrating (as all eye creams tend to be). The banana color LOOKED opaque in the tub but on my eyes, it vanished. I was hoping this cream would help color correct my eye bags so I could skip some of my eye routine in the morning, but frankly it didn't do much aside from hydrate my eye area. I got a LOT more coverage using a regular corrector.

If you're looking for a nice eye cream, sure, this is fine. But if you're looking for that "brightening" effect, this barely has any.

on 10/4/2018 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Another day, another review of a product in a tub. For starters, I had very high hopes for this eye cream, although for the most part my only under-eye issue is dark circles that seem hellbent on taking over my entire face. I was surprised by the thickness of this cream, and I agree with other reviewers that it seems to take a lot longer than I would like to sink in. This isn't helpful when I'm getting ready in a hurry, but I don't particularly mind it on regular days when I'm moving at a more glacial pace.

For the most part, I haven't noticed any great improvements with this cream (I use it in the mornings, although occasionally apply it at night, if my skin is feeling very dry or my dark circles are looming ominously). There is a minor brightening effect, but nothing that has convinced me that this is the end all be all of eye creams. I really dislike the packaging. While it is attractive, getting the thick product out of the small tub is difficult, especially if you have longer fingernails, and I always end up with extra cream sort of globbed onto my fingers. It isn't cute.

All in all, I plan on using the rest of this, but I have no intention of buying it again.

on 9/14/2018 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

First off, I dont have eye bags but I do get some puffiness due to lack of sleep some days. Second, I have a few small wrinkles by the outer corner of my eyes. I look tired in the eyes. I dont have dark circles, wanted something to perk me up and calm the puffiness some.
And lastly, I have been using this strictly for 2 months (going on 3) religiously, both night and day. I leave it in the small box its sold in and in a draw, away from heat and light.

I have not noticed a difference. I'm disappointed in the fact that, I dont expect miracles or to have eyes like a Disney princess, but at least a little work on the puffiness and to bring some brightness to the eyes. I got none of that. Instead, its thick. And I've tried dabbing a small amount for a few weeks to really piling it on at night to see if maybe it might help out. It moisturizes, but I've used a way cheaper brand from a drug store that works much better with just moisturizing than this. Maybe after a year or so, I might see some results but for right now, wouldve liked to have it worked just a little. It's an expensive moisturizer. I kind of wished it did even smell like bananas. Instead, its citrusy, which is not so bad but I am disappointed that I finally stepped out and bought something over 10 bucks and I feel like my eyes are laughing at me. That's not cool. Next batch of this cream, they should really consider pumping up the peptides and adding some vitamin E or something. For the price... I SHOULD be looking like a Disney princess in the eyes.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm underwhelmed by this product. Maybe my expectations were too high, as I'd heard it really brightens up the eye area, but it didn't really deliver. As an eye creme, I agree with the other reviewers who say it's thick and doesn't absorb quickly - I find it sits on the skin for too long. Overall, if you have very dry skin, this might be great, but otherwise, I'd rate it 'meh'. Wouldn't re-purchase.