Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme

4.3

on 5/11/2018 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I fell victim to the hype and am now using it finish it up; plus was pricey. I don't mind paying good under eye creams but I feel this one is average. The yellow tint does absolutely nothing for me. It's no more moisturizing than other creams I've tried for a lot less.

Pros
- moisturizes the under-eye area well
- adds brightness and makes me look more awake
- I feel like I need less concealer when I use this

Cons
- makes my concealer crease and eventually causes it to wear off completely
- $38, pricey

I purchased this eye cream because my concealer was looking dry on my under-eye area. The packaging states that it improves concealer application and wear so I was hoping that it would help this issue. Unfortunately I have found that my concealer creases and eventually wears away when I use this eye cream. That being said, this does make my under-eye area look nice and bright when I use it alone. It's also very moisturizing. I haven't noticed any permanent brightening or tightening (not that I expect eye creams to work miracles, but this product does seem to be marketed as anti-aging). This is a decent product and I would repurchase if it worked better with my concealer. It's not for me though. At this point it's basically an expensive under-eye brightener.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It really does give instant brightness to the dark circle area. But I'm not sure if it does anything else? I've been using it a month and can't see a difference. The texture is a thick fluffy dry cream. It is hard to pick up with the finger, and it takes ages to pat in. I can't just swipe and quick pat like most other lotiony creams. I wish it was a bit more moisturising. Apart from the colour brightening effect, after a few hours it doesn't look like I've actually used eye cream. At least it isn't oily and doesn't make my mascara run.

on 3/24/2018 11:57:00 AM

I have been using this for a week. I am 51 with eye dark circles and puffiness and I am on a (hopefully not eternal) quest for the perfect eye cream and concealer. What I first noticed about this cream is that it is very moisturizing around my eyes and it just feels very nice and comfortable. I do think the puffiness is somewhat improved, but my dark circles are still there. I will definitely use this up, but not sure if I would repurchase.

on 3/23/2018 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I dig this stuff. It’s moisturizing but not oily. The yellow pigment does nothing for my dark circles, it may as well be white, but it’s not worth knocking any points off. I like the little jar, and a little goes a long way. Smells slightly sweet, nothing like banana. I would repurchase.

on 3/6/2018 11:08:00 PM

I think this product is worth 5 stars. I had really bad dark circles under my eyes and after a month, yes it took a month, but wow they are sooo much better! Extremely noticeable difference, my boyfriend even pointed it out:) very moisturizing too. I find myself not using concealer very often anymore too! I don’t have puffiness but I never really did before either so I can’t say if it was super helpful in that department.

on 2/18/2018 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don’t use it alone. I use serum and cream to moisturize but this is amazing if you mix it with your concealer (my favorite ones are Estee Lauder doble Wear, cover fx and sisley). It looks just right. I’ve tryed so many concealers, so many mixes to get a natural smooth looking undereye and so far this is the best way to achieve it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A soft, creamy under eye moisturizer that feels luxurious on the skin. It is quite emollient and perfect for my dry skin, leaving it feeling softer and smoother that some of the other eye serums and creams I’ve tried. I couldn’t really wear concealer before because my skin is so dry that it looks horrible, even getting too much foundation in the eye region is a complete fail for me, but not since using this product. You need the tiniest amount to adequately moisturize this area. I’m not sure those with oily skin would enjoy this, it might be too emollient for your liking and potentially cause concealer to slip and slide around - would recommend getting a sample to try first. There is a very mild citrus scent to this, definitely not banana - it just has a pale yellow “banana” color which I read is supposed to be like banana powder - and I think it does brighten the under eye area, albeit only slightly. I still don’t wear concealer all that often but the skin under my eyes is not as dry as it once was. I am really enjoying this and unless I find something more impressive I will repurchase this eye cream but I would rather see this come in a squeezy tube with a tiny pointy tip to control how much comes out. I think this deserves a 4.5 but am rounding up for the product itself and not the packaging.