Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme

Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme

3.1

on 10/9/2018 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the concept of this banana-powder-inspired eye cream but it didn't meet any of my expectations aside from being.... well, hydrating (as all eye creams tend to be). The banana color LOOKED opaque in the tub but on my eyes, it vanished. I was hoping this cream would help color correct my eye bags so I could skip some of my eye routine in the morning, but frankly it didn't do much aside from hydrate my eye area. I got a LOT more coverage using a regular corrector.

If you're looking for a nice eye cream, sure, this is fine. But if you're looking for that "brightening" effect, this barely has any.

on 10/4/2018 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Another day, another review of a product in a tub. For starters, I had very high hopes for this eye cream, although for the most part my only under-eye issue is dark circles that seem hellbent on taking over my entire face. I was surprised by the thickness of this cream, and I agree with other reviewers that it seems to take a lot longer than I would like to sink in. This isn't helpful when I'm getting ready in a hurry, but I don't particularly mind it on regular days when I'm moving at a more glacial pace.

For the most part, I haven't noticed any great improvements with this cream (I use it in the mornings, although occasionally apply it at night, if my skin is feeling very dry or my dark circles are looming ominously). There is a minor brightening effect, but nothing that has convinced me that this is the end all be all of eye creams. I really dislike the packaging. While it is attractive, getting the thick product out of the small tub is difficult, especially if you have longer fingernails, and I always end up with extra cream sort of globbed onto my fingers. It isn't cute.

All in all, I plan on using the rest of this, but I have no intention of buying it again.

on 9/14/2018 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

First off, I dont have eye bags but I do get some puffiness due to lack of sleep some days. Second, I have a few small wrinkles by the outer corner of my eyes. I look tired in the eyes. I dont have dark circles, wanted something to perk me up and calm the puffiness some.
And lastly, I have been using this strictly for 2 months (going on 3) religiously, both night and day. I leave it in the small box its sold in and in a draw, away from heat and light.

I have not noticed a difference. I'm disappointed in the fact that, I dont expect miracles or to have eyes like a Disney princess, but at least a little work on the puffiness and to bring some brightness to the eyes. I got none of that. Instead, its thick. And I've tried dabbing a small amount for a few weeks to really piling it on at night to see if maybe it might help out. It moisturizes, but I've used a way cheaper brand from a drug store that works much better with just moisturizing than this. Maybe after a year or so, I might see some results but for right now, wouldve liked to have it worked just a little. It's an expensive moisturizer. I kind of wished it did even smell like bananas. Instead, its citrusy, which is not so bad but I am disappointed that I finally stepped out and bought something over 10 bucks and I feel like my eyes are laughing at me. That's not cool. Next batch of this cream, they should really consider pumping up the peptides and adding some vitamin E or something. For the price... I SHOULD be looking like a Disney princess in the eyes.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm underwhelmed by this product. Maybe my expectations were too high, as I'd heard it really brightens up the eye area, but it didn't really deliver. As an eye creme, I agree with the other reviewers who say it's thick and doesn't absorb quickly - I find it sits on the skin for too long. Overall, if you have very dry skin, this might be great, but otherwise, I'd rate it 'meh'. Wouldn't re-purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

After hearing so many good things about this eye cream, I was disappointed. It was very heavy and took a while to sink in, and wasn't great for applying makeup after. The yellow tinge I heard so much about also did nothing for me; it was invisible on my skin. This is one of the only beauty products i have returned.

After hearing what a miracle worker this was supposed to be for dark circles, I immediately bought it. But after a week of using it, my undereye started feeling a bit more tender, and soon any application of the product needed to be wiped off immediately. I don't know what harsh ingredient was slowly irritating my skin, but with the undereye area being so delicate, such an irritating (and thick) formula is no good for it. Besides that, it did absolutely nothing brightening for my undereyes, and my dark circles remained the same. I'd also like to point out that vitamin c isn't exactly the most stable antioxidant, so having the eye cream in a jar, where it is constantly exposed to light and air would slowly cause it to lose its effectiveness.

Overall, bad product, terribly overpriced, look somewhere else.

on 5/11/2018 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I fell victim to the hype and am now using it finish it up; plus was pricey. I don't mind paying good under eye creams but I feel this one is average. The yellow tint does absolutely nothing for me. It's no more moisturizing than other creams I've tried for a lot less.

Pros
- moisturizes the under-eye area well
- adds brightness and makes me look more awake
- I feel like I need less concealer when I use this

Cons
- makes my concealer crease and eventually causes it to wear off completely
- $38, pricey

I purchased this eye cream because my concealer was looking dry on my under-eye area. The packaging states that it improves concealer application and wear so I was hoping that it would help this issue. Unfortunately I have found that my concealer creases and eventually wears away when I use this eye cream. That being said, this does make my under-eye area look nice and bright when I use it alone. It's also very moisturizing. I haven't noticed any permanent brightening or tightening (not that I expect eye creams to work miracles, but this product does seem to be marketed as anti-aging). This is a decent product and I would repurchase if it worked better with my concealer. It's not for me though. At this point it's basically an expensive under-eye brightener.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Very thick, fluffy dry cream texture. So thick it is hard to get onto a fingertip, and it takes ages to blend it out over the under eye area and get it to sink in. Not very moisturising, after a few hours it doesn't look like I've actually bothered to use any eye cream as its dry again. The banana tint does instantly brighten my dark circle area on my fair skin. But I'm not noticing any improvements yet.

UPDATE:
I've just gone through a whole fullsize over the last 3 months and I and can't see or feel a difference. Also, towards the end I noticed my eye area feeling a bit tender after using so I feel the ingredients are a bit harsh. I went and replaced this with a $10 organic eye cream which I vastly prefer.

on 3/24/2018 11:57:00 AM

I have been using this for a week. I am 51 with eye dark circles and puffiness and I am on a (hopefully not eternal) quest for the perfect eye cream and concealer. What I first noticed about this cream is that it is very moisturizing around my eyes and it just feels very nice and comfortable. I do think the puffiness is somewhat improved, but my dark circles are still there. I will definitely use this up, but not sure if I would repurchase.