3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

Since I wear tinted sunscreen on most days, I double-cleanse with cleansing oil and cleanse with this right after. So I can’t comment on how it removes makeup. But I love how this cleanser is super gentle, fragrance free and doesn’t leave my cheeks feeling dry. I prefer this to my usual Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, and use it every night without any problems. Oh, and a little goes a long way - I find that you only need a small amount each time. I already bought 3 tubes as backup.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

9 months ago

This is the newest facial cleanser I've used ( and used up pretty much ). I'm into micellar gel cleansers now. This one removes all my makeup, except for any hard to remove eye products - but I love how it leaves my skin feeling supple, not dry and tight like stripping cleansers do. I love that it's a sqweezy tube so I can use it all up. Honestly, the packaging gets me, it's so simple ( haha simple ), clean and fun to look at. The question is will I repurchase right away after mine is done? Hmmm... we'll see. ;) Overall, very good product. I am pleased with it. Update! YES! I repurchased this after I ran out of my first tube! Still loving it very much! :))) It's gentle yet does the job!

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

from

9 months ago

This cleanser removed mineral sunscreen and waterproof makeup like a breeze. I didn't have to scrub at all and it didn't irritate my rosacea or give me acne.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

I was recently diagnosed with severe eczema at 39 years old! I had to throw out the majority of my skincare items at my doctor's recommendation & go to fragrance free, natural. I was unable to find decent makeup removers to remove my makeup. So I look up on youtube & see a dermatologist has a channel Dr. Dray...she is amazing with drugstore recommendations for various skin conditions. And her recommendation for makeup remover is from Simple. They don't have the oil cleanser anymore, so I grabbed this for my mascara, and grapeseed oil from my whole grocers. And WOW.....I'm loving the gentleness & efficiency on my skin! No irritation whatsoever! I use this and then dab on my eczema medicine on my spots for spot treatment, then use my Equate Brand (Neutrogena) oil free facial moisturizer...been doing this for about 3 weeks. What an improvement! I already love their micellar water and have that stuff stockpiled & use it in the morning to remove gunk from my skin from sleeping, and carry the wipes with me on the go. This gel wash was even better than my sample of Philosophy Purity Made Simple wash which totally irritated my eyes & skin. Plus this stuff is WAY more wallet friendly, and in your local drugstore!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I decided to give this a try after it was mentioned by a dermatologist on youtube. Firstly, I really love the texture, it feels very refreshing and pleasant to use. It does lather up slightly (which I prefer as I don't believe non-foaming products clean very well) and after rinsing it left my dry skin feeling soft and clean. I use this in the morning and as a second cleanse after removing makeup or sunscreen in the evening. I have had no irritation from this product whatsoever which I can get from a lot of cleansers. Very impressed with the price too, will definitely be repurchasing.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

A good basic cleanser for times when heavy-duty cleansing isn't warranted. For me, this is first thing in the morning and last thing at night, either as a second sweep after using a cleansing oil to remove makeup or as a standalone product if I haven't worn makeup at all that day. My cleanser preferences don't seem that complicated on the surface - gentle, bland, no actives, rinse-off but not foaming, fragrance-free, thorough but not stripping or drying - but they are difficult for one product to meet. I have extremely sensitive skin that's pretty balanced in terms of oil output, neither oily nor dry, but very easily upset. This is a thick, almost unctuous gel, not so high in hydrating ingredients as to leave a film on removal but high enough to give it good slip and a soothing, emollient texture that leaves skin comfortable post-cleanse. This is the closest I've come to a product that actually can tick all my boxes. It's very effective at what I need it to do and has kept my skin happy in the longer term, no creeping irritation or dryness. I have repurchased this twice and will continue to do so. Simple is a British brand and here in the UK hard not to find and not at all expensive, present in every pharmacy and supermarket for a few pounds. It retails around £4-5 but can usually be found in Sainsbury's for £2.50. I'd gladly pay that many times over for a cleanser that agrees with my skin like this one without flinching in the least.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

a year ago

I was hopeful about this product after reading a lot of positive reviews but it ultimately wasn’t for me. As someone else had previously mentioned, I started to notice a buildup of white comedonal acne in the creases of my nose and my pores always felt plugged with residual makeup.... even though my actual skin was tight and flaking more than ever. Needless to say, I pitched this cleanser, busted out the humidifier, started an intense moisturizing schedule to help restore some of the life back into my skin, and began the search for my HG cleanser once again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive

HairOther

EyesHazel

a year ago

I had no problems with this cleanser and did what it promised to do. It is a basic gentle cleanser, with a cushiony gel feel, that removed my makeup and cleansed my skin. I found it to be non-irritating, no heavy scents, did not lather too much and was not drying. Although this cleanser did work for me and I do like it, I think I will repurchase the Almay Makeup Remover + Foaming Lotion Cleanser over this as it is a bit cheaper, just as gentle, but a bottle will last much longer.

About reviewer (1081 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

a year ago

I have been using this face wash for nearly two months. I have thin and sensitive skin. I find the face wash gentle and good enough for light makeup removal as well. The smell is a little strange as it is formulated without fragrance. I will definitely recommend this face wash for those who are looking for a cheap and gentle daily face wash.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Other

HairBlack

1.0

a year ago

Had high expectations for this, especially as it is specifically touted for sensitive skin. 3 times I used this over a 2 day period, and that was it. Small whiteheads cropped up, along with some huge, red & painful bumps. How??? How can a micellar wash from a sensitive skin line cause so much damage so quickly? I feel like most skincare companies are not even trying anymore.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure