Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15

Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15

3.5

It's an okay foundation. In my opinion is it not living up to promised qualities. It could be the SPF that ruins the texture of the product. It feels like it glides too much on my combination skin. The product feels like skin just after application, yet it is far from providing long wear. In just a few hours a lot of redness showed through, and generally the foundation was "eaten up" a lot. Not matte finish as I can tell, more like satin.

on 3/15/2018 5:02:00 PM

This is thick! too heavy for my skin plus it oxidises almost a shade so go lighter. I feel the BB Serum foundation is much better since its lighter with same coverage. I'm NC25 and neither 3 Beige nor 2.5 Warm Sand looked right. This does give good coverage but feels like a formula from the 90s. This smooshes all my skincare layers below too, not a fan, just too much work. The other lines of BB foundation are much better. This remains sticky during the day, I got fingerprints everytime I touched my face so use setting spray with this.

on 2/12/2018 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have nothing bad to say about this product but nothing exceptionally good either it doesn't have the X factor or stand out for me compared to brands like Huda Beauty Fenty Beauty or Nars etc. It's got a medium buildable coverage and works nicely on skin with a brush. Quite matte not too drying though still looks dewy and skin like. Colours are yellow toned and for my Asian skin just perfect good range. Bottle is ok average wouldn't say it is anything special. Wouldn't go out my way to buy this as didn't really stand out for me. Just an Ok foundation good for those with combination oily skin and maybe even dry as it doesn't look too drying or Cakey.

on 2/9/2018 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone skin with eczema and rosacea, so I'm always on the lookout for the next best thing when it comes to foundation. Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation with SPF 15 has been my go-to liquid foundation recently since my skin has been fairly clear, but the poor longevity is a huge problem no matter how nice and healthy it makes me look; I tend to blot every 2-3 hours with that one... it just isn't formulated for oily skin. That's why I was so thrilled when this Long-Wear version came out, because I was hoping it would provide the same kind of healthy coverage with longer lasting power! It definitely didn't disappoint!

[ PROS ]
- Looks very natural (like skin!) when applied with a wet sponge
- Has many shades to choose from and caters to different undertones (I have heavy yellow undertones)
- Does not disintegrate/slide off even when after 6 hours of wear (some of it in the rain without an umbrella)
- Coverage can be very light and built up to medium-full
- Does not oxidize at all
- Does not cause any irritation on my very sensitive skin
- Pump works well and the bottle is very sturdy
- Very easy to remove with a good oil cleanser (definitely doesn't require as much elbow grease as Estee Lauder's Double Wear)

[ CONS ]
- Can be very matte and can look very heavy/fake IF applied with a heavy hand (using a brush just doesn't look very good!)
- Still have to blot t-zone after about 4 hours; have to blot other parts of face after 7 hours

I highly recommend this foundation to anyone with normal to oily skin! It's so versatile since it gives a healthy and natural look if applied lightly or it can give a more full-makeup kind of look if applied in more layers. The best part is it doesn't feel like a heavy mask on the skin and yet I can go all day running errands and I don't have to worry about my foundation disintegrating all over the place.

on 2/9/2018 4:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I am really enjoying this foundation. I bought it in porcelain and it's a great match. The foundation goes on like a dream but it does require a second layer for those bad skin days. The look is initially flawless because not only does it feel fantastic on your skin but it looks so incredibly natural. On long stressful days I have noticed it starts to fade away by 4 o'clock but I also use blotting sheets in the afternoon too. I love that it has sunscreen and that it smells very nice. I've already splurged (expensvie) and bought two more bottles.

I am giving this foundation an enthusiastic thumbs up! I have tried out probably about a dozen foundations in the past year and this is one of my faves out of the bunch. I will review some of those other foundations at a later time. I was a bit dismayed when I saw the display at Sephora and only about 10 shades were being sold at the store(maybe the store had not launched the entire shade range yet) I had read on someone's blog that 30 shades would be available. I tried the shade Honey and luckily its a great match for my skin. I love how this foundation is easy to apply and blend and it provides lightweight to medium coverage in my opinion. If your looking for a more heavier coverage foundation this formula may not be for you. I also felt it did not get very oily on my skin as the day progressed and did not crease or fade on my combo skin by the end of the day. Also loved the fact it did not oxidize very much on my face.

on 2/8/2018 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I wasn’t very impressed with this foundation. The coverage is medium and I was able to find a good match, Golden Almond. Unfortunately this falls short of being as great as my ELDW. I noticed that it starts to break down in 6-8 hours and look cakey. The shine control it claims to have seemed non existent, as I start getting oily much sooner than when I wear my Double Wear. However if you have normal/dry skin I think this is a great long wear foundation to try. If you are a true oily girl like me, you will need something more hard core than this.

I don't usually like/wear foundation but this one actually looks like skin. Really great coverage. 2 pumps is good for my entire face. I have really oily skin with dry patches and people don't even know I'm wearing foundation when I wear this. Really really great product if you want a medium-full coverage foundation that makes it look like you're not wearing foundation. Been wearing this gem everyday!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If I could I would have given this foundation 3 1/2 lippies.
I used to be a fan of their Natural Finish- Long Lasting Foundation years ago, which they discontinued. Doesn't it annoy you when you like a product and then it gets discontinued?
I got a sample of this in brige. You are supposed to get a 7 day sample, but I got a single drop, only enough to cover half a cheek. I don't like the SAs at my local BB counter, they are really snooty. I now usually buy online, you get samples of skin care. So I got it from the BB website.
Anyway, back to the review. The color range is great, however, BB foundations are either too yellow or orange, and the cool colors too pink. I do not know why make-up companies don't do proper neutral colors, by neutral I mean beige, no hint of yellow or pink. The texture is glue like, I applied it with my fingers, it did not dry immediately, unlike long lasting foundations, in fact it never dried. It stayed tacky the whole day! But apart from the stickiness, it lasts for at least 5 hours, much longer than the other BB foundations (which don't last more than a couple of hours) and it gave my face a nice color, not shiny or mat, I would say it has a satin finish. I would not say that the coverage is full, it is medium at most, as you can still see my dark spots and dark circles under my eyes. It probably is buildable, but I never put a second layer, as I think it would have looked too mask like.
I will not re-purchase, as I want to try new foundations and hope to find a more suitable one for my slightly dry skin.

on 1/14/2018 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I’ve waited a long time for Bobbi to add more colours to its liquid foundations and also to formulate something suitable for oily skin. And this is the one for me! It doesn’t cake like Mac studio fix which makes its perfect for building heavier coverage and it’s easy to cleanse off. It is a little sticky when blending in with fingers but I don’t mind that.