Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15

Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15

3.1

on 9/16/2018 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I had no expectations on this foundation at all. I mean.. yeah I saw the ads on many social medias after its launch. But didn't feel like to go and grab it. But I applied for a Bobbi Brown makeup class, And I had to buy it eventually as for the trade off for the class.

And I must say, I like it better than the Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation. As the Fenty gave me break out the next day after hours wearing it the day before. So i've include this to be one of my staple foundations.

As for the application, I prep, pore, prime before the foundation, always.
It comes with a pump which I like. 1-2 pumps for all of my face. I apply it section after section till it covers my whole face&neck.
with a one-time-use damp sponge. (Not a Beauty Blender fan, am I? since it requires my TLC too much).
Finishing is quite impressive. Matte but not flat. Doesn't make my fine lines more noticeable (Oh Thank God!).
A little powder on my T-Zone just for a safe side during my day.
The coverage is decent. No cakey. Lasts all day (12 Hr+). Without breakout afterwards.

Some blottings still happen in my combo-oily and in a hot & humid weather. But it stays on with the same beautiful matte-not-flat finish.

I've got the shade 4.25 (4.0 also matches me but 4.25 looks better on me) , which I'd say doesn't oxidize as opposed to some people opinion.

It smells like most of the Boobi Brown product. Like a lemony-herbal those kind of scents.

For the price, reasonable enough for the result. Let's say I'm happy with it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on a hunt for a new foundation (combo + dehydrated skin, no major issues or things to cover), I simply need to delicately even out my skin but look like I'm not wearing much makeup. So far only Chanel Vitalumiere foundation did that but as I was running out I decided to try something new.

The heavens smiled and I was able to obtain a sample of this foundation from the Bobbi outpost in Edinburgh (I had to let myself be matched first in the shop and I felt obliged to buy a product too - I needed a new primer anyway so that is ok - but the assistant there was so helpful that I honestly did not mind although I asked for samples of 2 different colours of two different foundations but ultimately received only one in the end). I like to test the foundation over my own sunscreen (I'm wearing spf 50 under my makeup and this foundation is only spf 15), with my own beauty blender sponge (my preferred way of applying foundation - this or fingers which seem to work best with Chanel) before committing.

I saw Tamira Jarrel on YT (check her out please, she is wonderful!) using it and it looked beautiful applied with a BB sponge and I was matched with Warm Sand (I thought I was Sand but the Warm version works with my olive/yellow undertone a bit better) and it looks pretty good.

Did not noticed the fragrance too much (all hi-end foundations seem to be perfumed) and this one at least does not feel like it contains much alcohol (I was not able to find the ingredients) and has a pump. I was advised to put it on my face section by section but I don't think it really sets. I'm using the Bobbi's new Mattifying primer under this (patted gently over my sunscreen) and sadly it still does shine byt the 3-4 hours of wear and needs to be blotted (I try not to use much powder).

The main advantage is that it is evening out my skin tone BEAUTIFULLY, does not settle in fine lines and applied with a wet sponge looks very natural, like a second skin. Applied this way it is definitely not full coverage, i would say medium at best so I need to do a bit of pinpoint concealing but the end result is worth it. I tried applying it with Bobbi's FULL COVERAGE FACE BRUSH and it was a disaster. Suddenly I looked like I'm wearing makeup, like I have pores and it was way too much!

As I cannot find the ingredients list I cannot really say if id does not have something that would make me come out in spots, I definitely felt something brewing under the skin on my forehead after the second day of wearing it for 12+ hours (I work really long hours...). I will try wearing it again tomorrow (I think I have enough in my sample) and will amend my review accordingly. So far, solid 3 stars.

on 9/1/2018 11:50:00 PM

I used to wear the Bobbi Brown long wear Even finish- loved it, especially so, after I started wearing a moisturising foundation base under it.

I was extremely disappointed by the skin long wear foundation.
It is thinner and more ‘runny’ - really dislike it.

So now I have to give up Bobbi Brown, and try something else.

I experimented, then I found Estée Lauder Double wear is too heavy for me, and the cheaper Revlon long wear not wonderful either.

I stumbled on a new Dior Forever Undercover, which, I swear, is similar to the old Bobbi Brown Longwear Even Finish that I loved, except it is even better!

So for anyone out there who is disappointed by the skin long wear ( too thin and glossy) this new
one is SO similar to the old Longwear Even Finish!
It’s unbelievable!
😍So happy, as Skin Long wear sucks !

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used to wear one of Bobbi Brown's foundations years ago so I thought I would get a tester of this to try it out. I'm afraid I don't have many positive things to say about it. After about 3 hours after applying my face looked a mess.

Pros
Gives a nice finish immediately after been applied

Cons
Chalky consistency makes it difficult to apply
Doesn't spread easily so need a lot of product for one application
Feels sticky and like you're wearing a lot of makeup
After a few hours it looked extremely oily and had gone all blotchy on my face
Creased really badly around my mouth from smiling

Overall really wouldn't recommend. It's nowhere near as good as foundations made by Max Factor and Revlon yet three times the price! Very expensive for a bad product.

I have bought both the even finish and the skin long-wear weightless foundations from the bobbi brown line and I have to say that they feel the same. The same lavender scent and the same sticky finish. This has been a huge disappointment as it is neither long lasting nor weightless on me. I have sensitive, acne prone, super oily skin and this tends to separate on my nose and forehead no matter which primer I use or how I apply it (I’ve tried a brush, fingers and a beauty blender). What bothers me the most is the tacky finish; For a high-end foundation which retails for 45+ euros this is unacceptable. Lastly, it also exacerbates any pores and skin texture and it is not as full coverage as it claims. The only positive I can think of is the shade range, but it’s not a good enough reason for me to repurchase this foundation. My cc cream performs way better and costs much less. It’s such a pitty because this is not the first time I bought a very hyped foundation only to have to get rid of it.
P.S. In Europe there are no samples, so one has to buy the actual product to test it or have a salesperson apply it to them at the store and there is no possibility of returning the product after purchase. So once you buy a product you’re stuck with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was very interested in this long-wearing version of the Skin foundation which I really like but it is too dewy for summer. I chose warm sand for my NC20 skin tone and it went on a little yellow. But by midday it had oxidized to a darker beige tone. So a pretty good match after all.

The foundation is hard to spread. I tried brush, sponge and fingers and had the best luck with fingers. I do need a moisturizing layer underneath. I realized that I had to work fast because it dries quickly. I did one section at a time. Gives a beautiful natural matte finish and covers with medium coverage. Even on my rosacea.

Smells like lavender which I like but not sure if that was the offending ingredient because after 8 hours of wear my skin was starting to feel itchy.The foundation lasted pretty well on my skin except on some isolated patches: nose, around chin, and by my eyebrows so I will have to look into long-wearing layers underneath if I care to make this work for longer than 8 hours. I have combination skin right now in the summer heat. I needed a double cleanse to remove it which is my standard to clean my skin at night.

I'm giving it 3 lippies because I wish it was easier to work with and that it lasted at least until 7 pm. I'm a teacher so I have no time to spruce up my face during the day. Also concerned about the itching. For my sensitive skin with rosacea this is usually the first sign that a foundation will not work for my skin. I will update as I know more about my skin and this foundation.

So First of all i really like bb products and when this foundation came out I was crazy about it!
Nice coverage, feeling is okay too, lots of shades

But
This foundation is like glue- i used eeeeverything to stop it brush , Beauty bleder even fingers every setting spray, no setting spray, primer, no primer - this foundation is like a Magnet - everything stays on your skin and I do not think of Products you use after applying: dirt, dust and even a beauty blender sticks to your Skin when u press it on.
If you touch it the foundation feels so sticky and wierd- worst ever. Sometimes it gets a little better after 20 mins but it never feels smooth.

Only plus: No Breakouts. Thats it.

on 7/8/2018 7:51:00 PM

I really like this foundation because it gives great coverage, is available in so many shades and goes on so nice. The only thing I do not like is the overall after-feeling. I have to either apply powder to my face to make it feel smooth or apply a thin film of a product containing cyclopentasiloxane. I also like the matte finish it gives and even though I have a clear complexion, if I had any bumps or scars, a glowing finish would add emphasis to those flaws.

on 6/20/2018 11:29:00 PM

I have been looking for a long wearing liquid foundation for my normal/combo skin for over a year now. I've tried quite a few of the popular long wear foundations but still haven't found one I am satisfied with. As I'm now in my 30's, I find my skin is quite dry in some areas and my pores are larger around the T-zone. I never experienced foundation settling into lines or pores before now.

Regarding this foundation, I got it in shade 3 which matched my NC25 skin pretty well and gave a satin finish. I found that it was hard to apply on bare skin without primer as it didn't spread easily. I used the vitamin primer from Bobbi Brown and it did go on like a dream. However, the foundation slid around on my face like crazy and it transferred so very easily! Also, it oxidized a whole shade darker and foundation around my oily areas were mostly gone after 6 hours. I don't consider this long wearing, nor do I want to powder and spray my face to fix it in place as I'm not overly oily. I'm so used to the Revlon Colorstay which lasts 10+ hours on me, unfortunately the shades just do not work as they are too pink/gray or dark. I used Revlon for 5 years but when my skin became dryer, the foundation just ended up clinging to dry patches and also got tired of the grey and pink tones from Sand Beige shade.

Anyways, this is not long wearing or transfer resistant. I think it looks great for the first 3 hours then if you're willing to powder/spray/touch up then it probably could last a good 6-8 hours. My idea of foundation is to moisturize my face lightly and spread it on. At most I'll powder the T-zone but I hate the feeling of spraying my face to set my foundation as I don't want that overly heavy makeup look. With Revlon, I didn't use primer/powder/setting spray/concealer for all those years and I want to put less makeup on as I get older.

on 6/20/2018 3:36:00 PM

After my Sephora Makeover/Nars sheer glow disaster experience (it literally melts and settles into my pores all over after a few hours - I don't even have huge pores!) I was looking for a better foundation option - mind you I'm not a foundation expert by any means, I usually use a BB cream or tinted moisturizer but as I'm aging I want a bit more coverage and a brightening effect.
My basic AM skincare routine is an acid toner followed by a serum, moisturizer and sunscreen (Missha Essence SPF45).

This foundation pumps out with a nice creamy texture but when you start applying you realize it's pretty thick - I get better results using my Urban Decay Optical Blurring foundation brush rather than my traditional foundation brush. Also I absolutely need a primer underneath to improve the application; a combination of a blur primer and this foundation gives me even-toned and pretty flawless skin. My skin looks like skin, it's not 'flat' looking even if it's full coverage. I like the finish so much that I don't need to use powder over it, it's a perfect satiny finish without being shiny or dewy. I just powder a little under my eyes, over my concealer. The foundation looks nice all day, without oxidizing or melting.

For the cons, I guess I would say the thickness/ease of application as well as the fact that it's only SPF15 - better than nothing but it would be a 5-star in my book if it had SPF30.