2.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

Bad Customer Service - Was given a lipstick and it broke - didn't press hard - opened lipstick and it was down in the cap!!! - I sent pics and customer service said they couldn't replace it without a receipt. I was just getting ready to place a $50 new order. Customer Service Sucks! How much would a replacement lipstick cost them? They lost my $50 order and probably yours too.

SkinNormal, Medium

HairGrey

EyesBrown

9 months ago

Would you buy this lipstick if NO RETURNS/NO EXCHANGES was splashed all over the website, instead of tucked away where it takes multiple clicks to get to it? That is the question. I'm skeptical of this company, despite the virtuous image it cultivates. Before you order, just know that you will be stuck with whatever you buy. The online ads ("75,000+ happy customers!") paint a glowing picture. But if you get three unflattering colors, like I did, it's small consolation that some of the money you've wasted is supposed to go to charity. The cool colors looked a little bubble gummy to me, so I thought I would be safer with neutrals: Huntress, Kisses, and Girls Night Out. One-swipe disappointments, all. Huntress, the only shade that looked like it could work, pulled a flat, chalky, peachy-orange on me. They feel like a nice shea butter lip balm, so I might not be complaining if the colors had worked. But they were too depressing to wear -- even home alone. And then, buried in the website, I found the no-return policy. Money (hand-poured!) down the drain. Lesson learned. I will never purchase color cosmetics from a random Facebook ad again! This company might not be as bogus as I suspect it is. But if they really have as many ecstatic five-star reviewers as they claim, they could surely afford to offer returns and exchanges to dissatisfied customers. They don't even offer samples.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

9 months ago

I liked the lipstick Colors that I purchased. I also purchased some for my mother on Mother’s Day. Unfortunately your lipstick does not stay on anyone’s lips for any amount of time. I find that very discouraging that buying lipstick If it tends to fade away without even eating or drinking it just fades immediately. I will not purchase any more lipstick because I wear it so it stays on.

Age36-43

EyesGreen

2.0

10 months ago

Just responding to anyone with similar problem about lipstick not lasting: since it’s probably DS there is no return after use...but try to find a matching or similar blush in your stash and pat the blush on top of the lipstick. It will last longer and stay on better. Best to stay within color range. HTH.

About reviewer (946 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

10 months ago

I have recently ordered 6 Lipsticks, the colors do not last any period of time. Can you suggest what I can do to have the lip color stay on longer.

a year ago

I have mixed feelings about Color the World lipsticks. The company has a lot of great things going for it, especially their products being natural and vegan and the charitable donations for each lipstick purchased. Personally, I adore the packaging and find it easier to locate a lipstick in my purse with the colorful graphics. I studied the lipstick colors as well as I could online and read a lot of reviews and watched online YouTube videos before purchasing but still messed up three times. I have absolutely no money to waste and feel badly that I cannot return them. At $15 a piece this is not acceptable to me. My biggest complaint is the colors are duller than they appear and several take multiple coats to have impact.. My skin is a golden tan color and their pinks are horrendous on me. Wildflower looked almost white on me. Not a great look! Pretty in Pink was drab as could be. I thought for sure their famous and revered "Huntress" would be the bomb but was just a meh pink. On the plus side though I love their more Coral shades like Sunset and Coral reef. They are perfect and I should have just left it there. Oh and Heartfelt is a great color if pinks don't show up on you well. It is deeper but still a very nice warm color....brownish red. Having blown it with three colors though and no return policy nor any ability to purchase samples has made me decide to swear off of this company. I am sad...also no idea how to write my feedback to them as I cannot find any email online. Guess they would rather not hear from their customers! Moving on to red Apple which is even more expensive but love getting their samples and already found two colors I adore. Kudos to them for providing samples and hoping Color the World will do the same. I doubt there are many of us who have money to waste on makeup.

SkinNormal, Tan

EyesGreen

a year ago

Cardboard case is difficult to open. The lipstick was not even close to the shade online. It goes on blotchy, doesn’t allow for definition and bled before it was completely applied. Coverage is uneven and there is no soft consistency. A terrible buy that can’t be returned. Liken it to dragging a crayon across your lips. It showed every line! Terrible! I bought Save the Coral but I’m going to deep six this junk!

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

Wow, I'm a little surprised by all the not so great reviews. I just ordered two, wildflower and huntress. Yes, they are on the sheer side, but that is not a bad thing. I bought them due to the fact they are all natural and have no scent. No problem with shipping and they were in perfect condition. They also work great as a cream blush. They are a little bit drying after having on for a few hours, they also leave a slight stain. They are quite expensive, so wait for a sale. PROS No scent All natural Freshly made quick shipping Pretty colors Sheer to med. coverage make a great cream blush company donates a percentage of sale to charity CONS Not sure how long cardboard tube will last Expensive Not sold in stores

About reviewer (217 reviews)

SkinDry, Other, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

I absolutely hate these lipsticks! They drag on your lips and the colors that looked so nice online are awful. One is so pink I look like a Jem cartoon. Ugh. $28 down the drain because you can’t return them. Note to self, never buy cosmetics online unless I have tried them before. Please don’t waste your money like I did. I would have given these no rating if I could

HairBrunette

a year ago

I bought the color Empowered. I like that part of the money goes to a good cause, but the product is not very good. It feels nice, but doesn't last at all. The color is sheer and you have to put on several coats to get the color you think you bought. Would I buy it again? No. I can get good lipstick with good color and a good feel, too for half the price from L'Oreal. I'll stick with them.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair