2.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I bought this on a whim because of Facebook ad that showed women of many ages loving a nude lipstick. I have been trying to find one forever that went with my lip color. The options on the site showed nude colors that I thought for sure would work. I bought 2 Flawless and Empowered were the names. When they arrived I loved the flowered packaging with no plastic. When I tried the first I realized it did not look as dark in the tube as the picture online. It made me look dead. It had this weird tone that just went white on my lips. So I tried the darker shade thinking it must be better..NO..it just faded and looked dead on my lips. So 25.00 down the drain. I will never buy lip stick online again.

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrunette

3.0

a year ago

Colors barely noticable and not creamy on my lips. Disappeared quickly after application. A bit disappointed.

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

I'm shocked at the negative reviews; it's really jarring! This has been the best lipstick I've ever worn (Huntress). Receive many compliments, and it is so rich and creamy. Best-feeling lipstick EVER for me. I'm getting ready to re-order, and try a couple more colors as well. I took off 2 lippies for packaging because it's cardboard and came loose. I just put it into another container and kept using.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

Others may be disappointed, but I like this lipstick. Quite a lot. I ordered three tubes, one nude (Warrior), one pink (Foxy) and one red (Southern Red). I knew in advance that colors might be different that what I was expecting; I think that's pretty inevitable when you buy online. I was pleased to discover that both Foxy and Southern Red are exactly as they appeared online. The Warrior, however, is less intense than I would have liked. All three colors are more moisturizing and less drying than any other lipstick I've tried - and I've tried a lot, searching desperately for anything that would prevent the drying and peeling that's become my norm. These go on smoothly, feel nice for at least a couple of hours, and relubricate when reapplied. Both the Foxy and the Southern Red have excellent color staying power. I reapply for moisture rather than out of need to refresh color. I'm planning to order more, going for a coral color next. I do have some concern about how long the cardboard tube will hold up, but I love that each color comes in a tube with different appearance so it's easy to tell which tube to grab.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

Color the World lipsticks colors are not representated accurately online. I ordered a set directly from Color the World and was very disappointed with the product. Each lipstick imparted only a faint, chalky-looking version of the rich color represented in photos. I contacted the company. They refused a return and refused to issue a refund. Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)! Oh, and wonder why this company has exclusively glowing reviews on sites where Color the World lipstick controls the content (FB, Instagram, etc)? Try leaving a less-than-stellar review. It will very quickly disappear. They are much, much MUCH better at erasing unflattering reviews than they are at making lipstick.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

Perhaps my expectations are too high but will continue to wear it. I liked the texture and color of the lipstick that I received, but was hoping it would last a little longer before reapplication. I found that it comes off fairly easily, however I'm ok with that since it's a natural product and they don't put all the harsh chemicals in them to make it an all day stay.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

a year ago

I honestly can't believe that Color the World lipsticks have ANY 5 star ratings. I put a negative review on their website and it NEVER posted. Color the World lipsticks only post 5 star reviews which is ridiculously immoral. I purchased Huntress. The lipstick looked to be a plum/rose, but when applied turned completely orange on me. I left it on to see how it would last and I would say...approximately 10 minutes, immediately wiping off anything that touches it. To top it off...NO EXCHANGES AND NO RETURNS! Very simply an internet marketing ploy with FAKE reviews

SkinDry, Fair

3.0

a year ago

Great idea, using lipstick purchase to support causes. The lipstick itself was rather hard, not terribly creamy, and made my lips dry. The color was OK, but not quite what I expected based; it was a little too light, but that's the risk one takes when buying lipstick. The lipstick broke after a month. While I'm tempted by their flashy, persistent advertising, I won't buy another Color the World lipstick.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

By the reviews on their website, I expected a soft natural color with just a hint of color and lots of moisturizers. This lipstick is gaudy and pulls my lips. It was not creamy at all. VERY disappointed! I have worn many different brands of lipstick from cheap to extremely expensive. This is by far the worst that I have ever purchased. They do not do refunds or exchanges.

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

I registered to Makeup Alley to specifically review these "Color the World" lipsticks with all their glowing reviews... I have never been more disappointed in a lipstick! I ordered the "Empowered, Independent" bundle basically what looked like rose tones which I always wear, and it practically disappeared on my lips with no real hint of the color of the lipstick. I have never had this happen with any lipstick I have purchased. As I applied more, to get more color, it just looked horrible. The same thing happened with my daughter when she tried them. Cute packaging, but what a waste of money.

SkinNormal, Fair