2.2

on 1/8/2019 10:51:00 AM

Color the World lipsticks colors are not representated accurately online. I ordered a set directly from Color the World and was disappointed with the product. Each lipstick imparted only a faint, chalky-looking version of the rich color represented in photos. I contacted the company. They refused a return and refused to issue a refund. Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)!

on 1/5/2019 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Perhaps my expectations are too high but will continue to wear it. I liked the texture and color of the lipstick that I received, but was hoping it would last a little longer before reapplication. I found that it comes off fairly easily, however I'm ok with that since it's a natural product and they don't put all the harsh chemicals in them to make it an all day stay.

on 1/2/2019 12:05:00 PM

I honestly can't believe that Color the World lipsticks have ANY 5 star ratings. I put a negative review on their website and it NEVER posted. Color the World lipsticks only post 5 star reviews which is ridiculously immoral. I purchased Huntress. The lipstick looked to be a plum/rose, but when applied turned completely orange on me. I left it on to see how it would last and I would say...approximately 10 minutes, immediately wiping off anything that touches it. To top it off...NO EXCHANGES AND NO RETURNS! Very simply an internet marketing ploy with FAKE reviews

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great idea, using lipstick purchase to support causes. The lipstick itself was rather hard, not terribly creamy, and made my lips dry. The color was OK, but not quite what I expected based; it was a little too light, but that's the risk one takes when buying lipstick. The lipstick broke after a month. While I'm tempted by their flashy, persistent advertising, I won't buy another Color the World lipstick.

on 12/28/2018 5:53:00 PM

By the reviews on their website, I expected a soft natural color with just a hint of color and lots of moisturizers.
This lipstick is gaudy and pulls my lips. It was not creamy at all.
VERY disappointed!
I have worn many different brands of lipstick from cheap to extremely expensive.
This is by far the worst that I have ever purchased.
They do not do refunds or exchanges.

on 12/27/2018 12:09:00 PM

I registered to Makeup Alley to specifically review these "Color the World" lipsticks with all their glowing reviews... I have never been more disappointed in a lipstick! I ordered the "Empowered, Independent" bundle basically what looked like rose tones which I always wear, and it practically disappeared on my lips with no real hint of the color of the lipstick. I have never had this happen with any lipstick I have purchased. As I applied more, to get more color, it just looked horrible. The same thing happened with my daughter when she tried them. Cute packaging, but what a waste of money.

on 12/2/2018 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

False advertising!! Lipstick feathers and comes in cardboard containers. There are NO exchanges or returns. Do not purchase, you will be disappointed!

on 11/25/2018 10:29:00 AM

I'm on the fence with this one. I love the colors but the lipstick doesn't stay on long and it seems to dry out after I've had it on for about 2-3 hours.

Nope, not for me. I don't like the fact that the packages are made of cardboard, and the lipsticks themselves had NO longevity on my lips. I also found that they were somewhat drying, despite being a more balmy lipstick.

Also, I tend to agree with others that the shades posted online were not representative of what I received. Two of the three lipsticks I bought are completely unusable, because of the color difference.

Would not buy again. Packaged in cardboard. There are 2 issues that made my mind up that i won't buy again. I purchased a 5 pack and like only 2 colors. Also, having worn lipstick for 50 years I have never had the rebounding effect with anything I put on my lips but chapstick. These lipsticks are very moist, slippery, creamy when applied but when they wear off in couple hours my lips are left feeling even drier with a need to recoat. If I apply the lipstick and leave home and my lips start feeling dry I start to lick them resulting in dryer lips. Must take along to recoat constantly. Like other reviewers here I should have ordered one but there so many reviews on their site I felt they had to be the best. Not so. Drug store brands are better. Colors weren't as described or shown. Totally disappointed